PDA

View Full Version : PETA Calls For Under-18 Hunting Ban

surferman
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
PETA Calls For Hunting Ban (http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2008/11/13/peta-calls-for-%e2%80%9cunder-18%e2%80%9d-hunting-ban/)

(Columbus, Ohio) The U.S. Sportsmens Alliance (USSA) decries the most recent effort of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to ban hunting in Arizona.

On November 11, PETA sent a letter to the Governor of Arizona, Janet Napolitano, urging support of legislation that would ban hunting by anyone younger than 18.

PETA is attempting to exploit recent November 5 news coverage of a tragedy in which an eight year-old boy allegedly shot and killed his father, Vincent Romero, and Timothy Romans with a .22-caliber rifle. The organization claims that the violent act was fomented by a recent family prairie dog hunting trip.
PETA told Gov. Napolitano that hunting teaches ???children to see others as nothing more than living targets.???

???PETA always uses the most distasteful tactics to make headlines. In this case it is exploiting a tragic situation to advance its anti-hunting agenda,??? said USSA Executive Vice President Rick Story.
???There is no reason to believe that banning hunting for youth would have prevented this act???, Story said. ???A ban on hunting for those under 18 will prohibit thousands of law abiding, responsible sportsmen and their children from engaging in a time honored tradition???, he said.

The U.S. Sportsmens Alliance is a national association of sportsmen and sportsmens organizations that protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs

dogfish
11-14-2008, 05:13 PM
PETA Calls For Under-18 Hunting Ban (http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2008/11/13/peta-calls-for-%e2%80%9cunder-18%e2%80%9d-hunting-ban/)

(Columbus, Ohio) The U.S. Sportsmens Alliance (USSA) decries the most recent effort of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) to ban hunting in Arizona.

"PETA always uses the most distasteful tactics to make headlines. In this case it is exploiting a tragic situation to advance its anti-hunting agenda,? said USSA Executive Vice President Rick Story."

That's what PETA does, they exploit every situation to fit their twisted agenda.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

storminsteve
11-16-2008, 11:06 AM
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals :2flip:

:2flip: PETA

That's the only peta I want to hear about. The rest of those freaks belong with the nuts from the PEW trust. Thay're enviro-nazis, holier than thou freaks who are the biggest hippocrates going.

Half-fags, I say.;)

wish4fish
11-16-2008, 07:57 PM
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals :2flip:

:2flip: PETA

Half-fags, I say.;)

^ nuff said.:2flip: to peta

gjb1969
12-31-2008, 06:07 PM
thats the way people think guns kill people no people kill people i was raised with guns in the house but i was taught abought guns i knew how they work and what ther were for most of the familes in the town i grew up in we all fished and hunted the me me me people dont teach there kids squat dont blame the gun blame the human who should teach i never got hurt once and the way things are now its sad if u get hurt its the other guys fault the way i see it u dont know what u are doing dont touch it the adults should make sure of thatso stop puting the blame if parents dont want or dont have the time teach there kids dont have them!!!!!!!