PDA

View Full Version : Why do you fish?

crosseyedbass
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Was thinking about some of the reasons why we go out there. I like the thrill of the hunt. How about you guys why do you fish?

bluesdude71
11-15-2008, 09:28 AM
Why do I fish? I love the adrenaline of bringing in a big striper.

cowherder
11-15-2008, 10:57 AM
I want to get a big bass too, but the reason why I like ocean fishing as better than freshwater is you never know what you will get on the end of the line. You could get a skate or searobin, and get lucky and get a trophy bass, or bluefish. Or you could also catch a cow nose ray. It's kind of neat not knowing what's going to happen with the next fish.

Monty
11-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I fish because I enjoy the out doors, getting away from the rat race. Excitement of hooking a fish. The game of finding and fooling a fish. The mind concentrating on fishing and nothing else. The relief of stress. Meeting people who also enjoy surf fishing (not the A**ho*** who do not say hi or even nod). Great excercise walking the beach, the beauty of the sunrise. :D

bababooey
11-15-2008, 06:15 PM
I enjoy the outdoors, but I also like that thrill of a fight on the end of a line. No matter what the fish, if you are fairly matched, you may lose it. If so, that fish earned it's release. Or, the desire, when you finally land a big fish, the fish of a lifetime, to grant it it's freedom, to live and fight for another day in the ocean. *(Did I just steal that from Old Man and the sea?);) Anyway, it's how I feel.

storminsteve
11-25-2008, 06:16 AM
^"Or, the desire, when you finally land a big fish, the fish of a lifetime, "

Sure it's cool to be out there. Landing your personal best is also somehing I think about.

gjb1969
11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
for the love of being out side and sometimes for a fish to bring home for the table:fishing:

albiealert
11-26-2008, 09:33 AM
I like it because it takes me away from the pressures of family, work, responsibilities, etc. I don't have much time to go fishing, but I enjoy it immensely when I do.

DarkSkies
11-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I like it because it takes me away from the pressures of family, work, responsibilities, etc. I don't have much time to go fishing, but I enjoy it immensely when I do.

:thumbsup: When I'm out fishin, I don't think of anything else. I'm not real religious, yeah I believe in God, but I don't go to church regularly. When I'm out there, that's my church. I get off not only on the catching, but all the things associated around it -

Being on the beach at first light, and seeing another amazing sunrise.

If it's foggy or rainy, doesn't matter, just watching the night give way to the day is cool, you see and hear the sounds of life and the fish, if you're lucky, around you.

Being on the beach at night, and a fox sneaks up behind you, you don't realize it until you turn around and see the eyes in the moonlight.

Or a herd of deer comes up to check you out as they roam the area in the early dawn.

I like the challenge of thinking how to deliver the presentation the fish will hit that night, working the water, maybe you will get the big skunk, maybe you'll get a fish that will break your rod and almost break your heart. These are the nights that keep youcomin back time and time again, through good times and bad.

nitestrikes
11-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Some good things mentioned here. Like it was already said, I enjoy that test of skill. Being a freshwater fisherman before I hit the salt, you basically know if you get a fish, most of the time it will be between 2-6lbs. In the ocean, you can catch a bass 20", or 20 lbs. The randomness of it all is what brings me down there.

smittyplugs
11-27-2008, 09:23 PM
I fish because I enjoy the out doors, getting away from the rat race. Excitement of hooking a fish. The game of finding and fooling a fish. The mind concentrating on fishing and nothing else. The relief of stress. Meeting people who also enjoy surf fishing (not the A**ho*** who do not say hi or even nod). Great excercise walking the beach, the beauty of the sunrise. :D

you took the word out of my mouth :clapping::clapping::thumbsup:

vpass
11-30-2008, 10:10 AM

exactly:clapping: Also I'm drawn to it. like an addict. Always thinking I'm missing a blitz of nice fish when I'm not there. :)

DarkSkies
11-30-2008, 10:34 AM
exactly:clapping: Also I'm drawn to it. like an addict. Always thinking I'm missing a blitz of nice fish when I'm not there. :)

And you have that irrational feeling that the night you decided not to go is the night or day you're gonna hear they killed em. :kooky:

mick2360
11-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Fishing meant different things at different phases of my life. Now it is a time to enjoy nature, look at the conditions and see if I can crack the code and, when I am successful, have a contest with a good fish. I am strictly catch and release and I value each fish. The moment when a fish first comes into view after a long battle is a magical moment.

Someone mentioned the guys on the beach who will refuse a greeting and pass without a word. Still bugs me but they are a minority compared to the guys you pass who stop to pass on a report and a wave of good luck.

That brings me to the other aspect of fishing, it creates life long friendships. I've been fishing with one guy for twenty five years. Nothing in common except we fished. I have been best man at his wedding. He cried with me over my divorce and was joyful at my wedding. We have celebrated births, mourned passing friends and compared the aches and pains of growing older. And we have fished every step of the way. :HappyWave:

seamonkey
11-30-2008, 07:22 PM
That brings me to the other aspect of fishing, it creates life long friendships. I've been fishing with one guy for twenty five years. Nothing in common except we fished. I have been best man at his wedding. He cried with me over my divorce and was joyful at my wedding. We have celebrated births, mourned passing friends and compared the aches and pains of growing older. And we have fished every step of the way. :HappyWave:

:clapping: I have a fishing buddy I have known since grade school. Life and its changes draw people apart. We still connect through our fishing, and have a great time.

mick2360
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
:clapping: I have a fishing buddy I have known since grade school. Life and its changes draw people apart. We still connect through our fishing, and have a great time.

Exactly! Life goes on but those links stay strong. I'm always amazed by the different type of people that are drawn together over a love of fishing. And there's something I can learn from each of them.:HappyWave:

dogfish
12-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Getting away from everything is the biggest draw for me. I may fish with a friend or 2, you guys said some good things about friendships and fishing. Unfortunately, the times I am out are not always times a friend can join me. I have gotten used to the sounds of the water, and the beautiful silence. :fishing:

CharlieTuna
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I fish for me, and trying to beat my personal best. I also like to take the nieces and nephews fishing. A lot of knowledge and wisdom was passed on to me by those who took time out to show me the right way. I try to give back a little by taking them fishing. The look on their faces when they catch a fish is priceless.

voyager35
12-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I fish to be out there. Put me inside, for work, social activities, parties, they are all OK and something to be endured. I get the feeling of freedom when I'm out fishing. My family used to go camping all the time when I was growing up. Those are good memories for me, and probably why I connect so much with the outdoors. Catching a fish is a plus, but it's not required.

voyager35
12-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Someone mentioned the guys on the beach who will refuse a greeting and pass without a word. Still bugs me but they are a minority compared to the guys you pass who stop to pass on a report and a wave of good luck.

Mick, this is spot on about fishing, rudeness, and friendships. :clapping:

Great South Bay Bucktails
12-23-2008, 07:37 PM
Heres the deal with me and fishing ..It is the only thing that settles me down . I am a very Hyper and angry guy . When i was in my 20 's i would take care of that energy out on someones face , I have been fish all 40 years of my life , about 10 years of hardcore surf and Kayak fishing ...I fish because i am addicted to that first Tug when the Bass first hooks up ...If i could bottle that i would never leave the couch.

I work my *** of for these fish ,scouting 12 months of the year . I catch fish in times when no one else is catching .That is all experience and knowing your area . i have concentrated on 1 area for the past decade . now i have spread out and moved east ..

I am no sharpie but i put in alot of hours ...This is a sport and not a video game , i hate getting emails form googs asking for spots ,My reply is get off the couch , buy a hagstrom and start walking ................

I had some great night and alot of bad nights when i was green . Now because of leg work i have spots for every condition .
My Banner night this year was in Oct and i had 50+ fish all keepers.
Most in the 20+ range with one 34 lbers taken . I was in my yak far in the back and had multiple 20's breaking all around me ..(Pounds)

I have been fishing alone for so long that this was the first year i fished with other anglers ...i Have to say being alone for all those years has made me a better fisherman ..

So plain and simple i fish for me ! It is not a social event for me . I get zoned and might not talk for hours ......

Might be selfish but it works for me
Mikey

DarkSkies
12-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Heres the deal with me and fishing ..It is the only thing that settles me down . I am a very Hyper and angry guy . When i was in my 20 's i would take care of that energy out on someones face , I have been fish all 40 years of my life , about 10 years of hardcore surf and Kayak fishing ...I fish because i am addicted to that first Tug when the Bass first hooks up ...If i could bottle that i would never leave the couch.

I work my *** of for these fish ,scouting 12 months of the year . I catch fish in times when no one else is catching .That is all experience and knowing your area . i have concentrated on 1 area for the past decade . now i have spread out and moved east ..

I am no sharpie but i put in alot of hours ...This is a sport and not a video game , i hate getting emails form googs asking for spots ,My reply is get off the couch , buy a hagstrom and start walking ................

I had some great night and alot of bad nights when i was green . Now because of leg work i have spots for every condition .

Mikey

:thumbsup: :clapping: legwork -
I had a good year this year too because of the walking and swtiching up I did. Many times I was out and the fishin sucked, and I pushed myself to learn spots for different conditions. After working that hard, even though you don't own the spot you don't want to give everything away to someone who doesn't have the same motivation. Hard work and strategy pays off.

surfwalker
12-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Many good reasons in the previous posts. Myself, well, I just enjoy everything about walking the wetline. I love the very early walks, the casting and anticipation of the next cast, the changing of plugs, the hit, the strike, the drag singing, the bend in the rod, the play of the Bass and the beaching. And then the attempt to do it all over again on the next cast or the hundreth cast. I enjoy the hook ups, but if it's a fishless day, the day was still enjoyed, and the time spent at the waters edge is never a waste to me. If it's raining I dress for it. if it's cold, I wear more clothes. I hate giving it up when the cold really hits my hands to the point of non functioning digits, the years have taken its toll. And on the ride home my thoughts are on the next ride down. The addiction is strong.

clamchucker
02-06-2009, 03:47 PM

Well said Mick. One of my fishing buddies and I have been fishing together for about 40 years. Births, deaths, marriages, health problems and divorces. We still fish together when we can.

stormchaser
02-07-2009, 12:30 PM
. I enjoy the hook ups, but if it's a fishless day, the day was still enjoyed, and the time spent at the waters edge is never a waste to me. .

Some good stuff here. Time spent on or at the water is never wasted. It's good to be out there and enjoying every part of it. Yeah we all like to catch fish, I'm focused on doing better each year. I would still go out if pickings were slim, as long as I had a chance at one nice fish.

rockhopper
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Why do you fish? I love the thrill of bringing in a big bass.

hey it beats being a bank robber. :D

storminsteve
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Many good reasons in the previous posts. Myself, well, I just enjoy everything about walking the wetline. I love the very early walks, the casting and anticipation of the next cast, the changing of plugs, the hit, the strike, the drag singing, the bend in the rod, the play of the Bass and the beaching. And then the attempt to do it all over again on the next cast or the hundreth cast....... If it's raining I dress for it. if it's cold, I wear more clothes. I hate giving it up when the cold really hits my hands to the point of non functioning digits, the years have taken its toll. And on the ride home my thoughts are on the next ride down. The addiction is strong.

When I first posted here I said it was to beat my personal best, that's important to me, I'm a competitive guy. What you said here could be written as a preface to a fishing book. It says it all, and better than I could say it. :clapping:

surfwalker
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
storminsteve, I guess we all fish for different reasons, but all hoping for the same positive results. It's good that you attempt to top your best catch, we all would like to beach a trophy. But I am just as happy to pull a small Bass from a deserted nightime beach. My posting on this subject is just my personal feelings from within. I just cleaned out my bag on Sat (2/7), had some crazy notion in my head that I could get down one more time. Once my bag is emptied then my season has come to an end and it seems like an eternity till my next walk. Usually my season ends when my hands are so cold/numb that I have to use a needle nose pliers to pull my fly down to take a leak. Is that stupidy or an addiction, or are they the same thing? See ya on the beach.

Happy Trails

Monty
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I have to use a needle nose pliers to pull my fly down to take a leak. is that stupidy or an addiction,

Its to much information.:laugh:

I also agree, its great just being out there.

DarkSkies
02-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Usually my season ends when my hands are so cold/numb that I have to use a needle nose pliers to pull my fly down to take a leak. Is that stupidy or an addiction, or are they the same thing?

Happy Trails

Stupidity would be wading up to your chest in water like that and risking frostbite or worse. I'd call it an addiction. :D

Its to much information.

I also agree, its great just being out there.
(but it's funny anyway, dontcha think?) :laugh:

Guess it depends on the delivery. If I started a story with

"Monty, when I was 18, I had these 2 older girls drinking and smoking in my garage, and I had to help one of them maneuver her zipper with a pair of pliers... (true story, BTW)

youmight be interested in the rest of the story. :naughty: :D

strikezone31
02-11-2009, 08:29 PM
when I was 18, I had these 2 older girls drinking and smoking in my garage, and I had to help one of them maneuver her zipper with a pair of pliers... (true story, BTW)

Yeah, I'm a little bored, I might be interrested in hearing it.:D

Monty
02-11-2009, 11:42 PM
(but it's funny anyway, dontcha think?) :laugh:
Guess it depends on the delivery. If I started a story with
"Monty, when I was 18, I had these 2 older girls drinking and smoking in my garage, and I had to help one of them maneuver her zipper with a pair of pliers... (true story, BTW)

Yes it was funny, surfwalker posts were great.

now to your story.......continued?:bigeyes:

DarkSkies
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Yes it was funny, surfwalker posts were great.

now to your story.......continued?:bigeyes:

Monty, didn't want to hijack this thread, so I put it here.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=13789#post13789

williehookem
04-10-2009, 04:00 PM

I think you said the bulk of what it is for me, Monty. Fishing helps me to get away from it all, no rat race or angry people, except when there's a blitz and they missed out on it. :rolleyes: It's one place where you can take a short vacation in your mind and forget your troubles for awhile.

surfwalker
04-10-2009, 04:37 PM
williehookem- I like that-"short vacation in the mind".

Happy Trails

jimbob
04-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I love everything about the kind of fishing I do. The sound of the surf. The breeze in my face. Sunrise. Sunset. The animals, Racoons, Foxes, Deer, Ducks, Ospreys, Peregrine Falcons not to mention the fish. Fog. Rain. Clear skys. The Moon and the Planets. Meteor showers. I could go on and on, fishing is just a great way to live.

7deadlyplugs
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I love everything about the kind of fishing I do. The sound of the surf. The breeze in my face. Sunrise. Sunset. The animals, Racoons, Foxes, Deer, Ducks, Ospreys, Peregrine Falcons not to mention the fish. Fog. Rain. Clear skys. The Moon and the Planets. Meteor showers. I could go on and on, fishing is just a great way to live.

Some good stuff here. And if I could only make a living fishing, life would be perfect!:D

albiealert
06-20-2009, 04:57 PM
williehookem- I like that-"short vacation in the mind".

Happy Trails

x2! :thumbsup:

VSdreams
06-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Fishing meant different things at different phases of my life. Now it is a time to enjoy nature, look at the conditions and see if I can crack the code and, when I am successful, have a contest with a good fish. I am strictly catch and release and I value each fish. The moment when a fish first comes into view after a long battle is a magical moment.

I like the challenge too. There are no guarantees in fishing, only opportunities.:D

finchaser
06-27-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess because I love it and am obsessed with it been that way for 50 years. I feel at peace especially at first light.

wish4fish
06-28-2009, 01:50 PM
i fish to stay out of jail, all the idiots i see every day get me :burn: then i go fishing and its all good. also its too expensive to go to the gogo rama and blow my paycheck in there fishing is a lot cheaper, lol

VSdreams
08-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I thought this guy crystallized a lot of the reasons why we fish, good article.

By Kevin Dahlke (http://www.fintalk.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?author=1;a=180;s=1_1;site=1)
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008

If one was to ask an angler what fishing means to them, they would probably get a different reason from each of those fishers. There are loads of reasons why we fish and when you sit down and think about it, every one of those reasons has a meaning and something behind them.

Over the years I have looked at fishing from all different angles and theory's and they all had their time and place over my fishing career. What does this mean? I want to give you, the reader, an idea of what fishing has meant to me over the years and it does and will go from one side to the other.

Back in the early days of when you were a kid and you and a buddy jumped on your bikes and rode to the closest body of water to wet a line. There were days that many fish were caught and also days that you were lucky to see a fish, but every chance you would get you made that ride to try your hand at catching a fish.
http://www.fintalk.com/moxie/moxiepix/b1_180.jpg
Those days that were spent sitting on the shoreline casting a worm and bobber as far as you could, to try and beat your buddy with a bigger fish. You would brag to each other that your fish was bigger than theirs and seems that everyone caught huge fish by the time the end of the day came and then you had to make that ride home once again. These are memories that you keep with you all of your life and you wonder where these buddies of your childhood are today.

Then the days come when your father and grandfather would take you along in the 14 foot boat with the 5 hp motor on the back for a day on the lake. Panfish were always the species that was sought and many hours were spent anchored near some shallow weeds and casting a bobber out looking for fish. Dad and Grandpa were always telling you to stop making so much noise because the fish can hear you and that is scaring them away from biting your hook.

There were thousands of hours spent with the three of us on such a variety of different bodies of waters exploring and searching for those meals of fish. If it looked like rain we were not going to be caught out there and would head off as fast as that 5 hp would move us along. These are memories that you keep with you all of your life and one day you look forward to meeting with Grandpa once again to share those quality stories of yester years with each other.

Then the day came that you got your drivers license and you thought the fish better watch out now because I am coming to get you. You hook that 14 foot boat and 5 hp motor to your parents' car that you borrowed and head to the lake that you think is going to produce those big fish for you. You fish like there is no tomorrow because you are living through your dreams of watching those guys on TV and what they are doing to help put fish in your boat.

Your mindset is not on catching panfish like your dad and grandpa had you catching all of your youth. You want to catch some of those big bass like they do on TV and you have all of the latest baits that you figure that will do that job for you. You cast and cast like there is no tomorrow and pound every target that you can find and are catching fish here and there and a smile is forming on your face.
After some time spent out on the water fishing the way that you want to fish, ideas are flying through your mind like "hey, I bet I could do this for a living like the big boys". I felt that I could go to any body of water and catch fish after fish and there was no stopping me now. These are memories that you keep with you all of your life and you hope that these dreams come true one day and there wouldn't be anything better than fishing for a living.

So you are at that point in your life and you are working a real job at this point and the temptations of fishing bass tournaments are on your mind all the time. You take that next step and buy yourself a bass boat and start looking at some tournament trails that look inviting for you to fish. You spend hours and days pre-fishing for these tournaments and looking for that one sweet spot that is going to make you famous and put you into the winners circle.

Many lakes are fished and many miles are traveled around a few states to compete at these levels. You are making friends from the competitors you fish against and are starting to make a name for yourself. But you are not finishing in the standings where you really want to be and this starts playing mind games with you each and everyday that you are on the water. You now are second guessing all of your moves and this dream that you want to fish for a living is starting to not look so good or promising.

Anytime that we start moving towards a passion of ours that we would like to turn into a career things seem to be not what they look like. Getting up in the wee hours of the mornings to get to the lake at dawn to start another practice day, isn't as inviting anymore and seems to be a lot like work and the fun really isn't there anymore. Do I really want to fish for a living as this is starting to feel more like work and not play. These are memories that you keep with you all of your life and I was fortunate and glad that I took my shot at tournament fishing and can say that I tried something that I wanted to.

Since I have that behind me now, my fishing is all about having fun and enjoying spending time out there on the water. I enjoy these days hooking my boat up to the truck and picking a lake to go fish at, and I don't care, I do a little, if I catch a fish or not. My days on the water now are to get away from the rat race of being an adult, a husband and a father and using that time to clear my head and get myself back to reality.

I look forward to the days that I am able to get out and fish with some of my old friends and relive some of the old days that we had together. I also look forward to the days that I am able to take my dad out fishing, like he use to take me, as he doesn't fish much anymore and we don't get to fish together that often either. These are memories that you keep with you all your life and I try and keep them going forward as each year passes.

Now are the days that I am truly enjoying fishing as I have my own kids to take along and show them the art of fishing. My daughter is getting into those teenage years now so we don't get out much together anymore, but over the last years we had spent many hours in the boat, just the two of us and those are the memories that I will be carrying with me as I go forward. Hopefully the day will come once again that she wants to try her hand at fishing again and I will be there ready and willing to do that for her.
Also now that my son is getting a little older he has been accompanying me on quite a few adventures as of late. This past winter he had really gotten himself excited and went on many ice fishing trips with me and for a six year old, he showed this old man how to catch some very nice fish. Just watching his excitement while he is watching the electronics and catching a fish is priceless in my book. He always looks forward to our fishing and if we haven't been out for a while he starts bugging that we need to go once again.

These are memories that you keep with you all of your life and I treasure all of these and hope that they continue to be made for many years to come. It is funny how we come full circle in life and from what my father and grandfather had taught me out there on the water, I am teaching my kids the exact same things. Sure we now have much bigger boats, all of the fancy electronics, more baits than we will ever use and more fishing rods/reels that we know what to do with, but we seem to always come back to the basics in whatever we do.

Fishing these days has been much more enjoyable to me and means so much more to me these days as well. I really look forward to each trip that is made to the water and at the end of the day, fish or not, I know that I had a great day out there. Fishing is not work anymore but a favorite past time that I can spend many hours out there again. But if I only have an hour to fish, so be it, I was still able to do something at that moment that means so much to me. Fishing, what it means to me is time to reflect on life, get away from all of the hustle and bustle, and spend some quality time with family, my kids and friends new and old. Once again, there aren't enough days that I get to fish again and this is telling me that my passion to fish is back stronger than ever.

http://www.fintalk.com/moxie/1/1_1/fishing-means.shtml

porgy75
08-15-2009, 05:45 PM
But if I only have an hour to fish, so be it, I was still able to do something at that moment that means so much to me. Fishing, what it means to me is time to reflect on life, get away from all of the hustle and bustle, and spend some quality time with family, my kids and friends new and old.

simple but profound.:fishing:

Stripercoast1
08-16-2009, 08:30 AM
To be honest, I don't know why, all I know is that if I lost the ability I would lose my will to live.
I have 2 divorces in the rear view mirror, somewhat caused by my addiction, and unregreted. If my wife of present was not an avid Striper Fisherwoman, I would have stayed single. We've been together for 15 years, the longest relationship of my life. she injured her back several years ago, and could no longer join me. She is now attempting to skish with me due to the lessened stress on the lower back, it looks like I will have my favorite fishing partner back with me.

lostatsea
06-24-2011, 04:16 PM
To be honest, I don't know why, all I know is that if I lost the ability I would lose my will to live.

Wow that is hardcore!

VSdreams
11-07-2014, 10:55 PM
I didn't say this but read it today and thought it sums things up pretty good-

Personally, I'd like the fishery to be sustained long enough so that he can some day take his kids and grandkids fishing and have a reasonable shot at catching something.

Rip-Plugger
11-08-2014, 06:18 AM
I think I fish for 2 main reasons,because I feel so free and clear minded when fishing the rips and the luck/excitement/thrill of the hunt.
I feel the same way when I'm hunting too but,when I make a kill it is the thrill of the kill if you can understand that.
the feeling the kill does not apply to fish as I like to release them however,I do harvest a few each year.

R-P

jigfreak
05-05-2015, 07:04 AM
^^^^ x2 well said.

hookedonbass
09-17-2015, 03:07 PM
what is fishing to you?

lostatsea
03-23-2017, 04:37 PM
this nailed it for me

lostatsea
03-23-2017, 04:39 PM
also the quiet and solitude

DarkSkies
03-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Hookedonbass, I knew I saw that fishing meme somewhere here. Thanks for posting it. I now have it as part of my signature. Hope ya don't mind. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
03-24-2017, 09:02 AM
i fish to stay out of jail, all the idiots i see every day get me :burn: then i go fishing and its all good. also its too expensive to go to the gogo rama and blow my paycheck in there fishing is a lot cheaper, lol

It's been too long since I've run into ya's. We'll have to do it this Spring sometime, I'll bring you and the crew some coffee and donuts. One night, I'll surprise you all, like a ghost. :HappyWave:

finchaser
03-24-2017, 10:06 AM
Really don't know anymore its becoming more aggravating than its worth most of the time

DarkSkies
03-24-2017, 10:34 AM
^^^^Says the man who gets to fish in an aquarium, any time he feels like it.:kooky::laugh:
Would you like to trade lives....living 50 miles from the water......living in your vehicle to prolong what little bite you might find.....sleeping in Porto-Johns like that Crusty DS character?
Let me know anytime...and we can trade places for a bit.....:HappyWave:

7deadlyplugs
03-24-2017, 12:14 PM
Aquarium fishing? do tell

finchaser
03-24-2017, 02:26 PM
^^^^Says the man who gets to fish in an aquarium, any time he feels like it.:kooky::laugh:
Would you like to trade lives....living 50 miles from the water......living in your vehicle to prolong what little bite you might find.....sleeping in Porto-Johns like that Crusty DS character?

So I live 8 minutes from the canal
5 minutes from the river
10 minutes from the Manasquan
12 from the inlet
15 minutes from the ocean

Just means I can go out fish go home eat and nap then do it over again some days 3 times

What's your point oh great NOMAD

dogfish
03-25-2017, 06:43 AM
I fish to get away from the wife and her nagging. Keeps me sane.

cowherder
03-25-2017, 03:19 PM
5 minutes from the river
12 from the inlet

Just means I can go out fish go home eat and nap then do it over again some days 3 times

Boy are you lucky. I live an hour away. No wonder you catch so many fish!

storminsteve
03-26-2017, 02:47 PM

5 minutes from the river
12 from the inlet

Do you have a big backyard finchaser? If you live so close why not let him bring a trailer down and crash in your yard instead of the car. You could charge overnight fees. Some extra income? Win win situation.:plastered::rolleyes:

bababooey
03-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Terrible idea. There are laws against vagrancy in ocean county you know.:beatin:

finchaser
03-27-2017, 07:23 PM
Do you have a big backyard finchaser? If you live so close why not let him bring a trailer down and crash in your yard instead of the car. You could charge overnight fees. Some extra income? Win win situation.:plastered::rolleyes:

Afraid :scared:he'd bathe in the pool once a month