PDA

View Full Version : Surf Fishing Goals for 2009

DarkSkies
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
So what will you do different 2009, to target bigger fish?

me -

I will concentrate on moving water first, deeper cuts where lazy bigger fish are holding, and mouths of inlets.

I will leave small fish to find bigger fish, if the conditions call for it.

DarkSkies
12-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I will also use eels more, and pick the brain of every friend I meet on the beach whos using them. They are killer.

gjb1969
12-10-2008, 05:44 PM
hey dark i will try fishing in a fan like pattern when i am on the rocks i will make small changes in the speed and how deep each rod will have a diff lure so weather i cast long or short i can still do what i need to do:thumbsup::plastered::fishing:

storminsteve
12-10-2008, 08:41 PM
fish at night more with the vampires :D

surferman
12-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Go out at least 4 nights a week and hit the jetties hard!

jimmy z
12-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I will fish other areas, depending on how the pickin's are.:)

plugginpete
12-10-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm with Jimmy, like to try other spots and catch a 40lber.

Rip-Plugger
12-11-2008, 09:32 PM
So what will you do different 2009, to target bigger fish?

me -

I will concentrate on moving water first, deeper cuts where lazy bigger fish are holding, and mouths of inlets.

I will leave small fish to find bigger fish, if the conditions call for it.

DS,

thats been my idea for the last 3 seasons.
fish larger wood,wood that the smaller fish won't dare to try.when a hit does come,it will be a good one!.

R-P

vpass
12-11-2008, 09:32 PM
I will also use eels more, and pick the brain of every friend I meet on the beach whos using them. They are killer.

Darkskies, I'm reading Zeno's 2nd book. There is alot of good info. on eeling, rigged eels, sloggos, ect. A great read. I'm looking foward to trying eels next season.

I'm planning on fishing more, learn new areas, work jettys which i haven't done in more then ten years.:scared: ( I witness my friend slip and bust himself up real good. He's ok, but left me scared from it.) I'm also going to swim bunker ever opportunity I get.

dogfish
12-12-2008, 07:25 AM
Make some time to sneak out with the kayak more. :fishing:

stormchaser
12-12-2008, 07:50 AM
Fish bad weather more often. I miss the best fishing because of family and work, still haven't figured a way around that. :huh:

cowherder
12-12-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm going to move around more. I used to stay in one spot the whole time, and thanks to you guys I learned not to do that. :HappyWave:

surfstix1963
12-15-2008, 05:33 AM
I have been condo camping( I have a large fifth wheel) in a great campsite not too many people fish I have been scouting for 2 years and picking away at fish but this spring I fished a place I call the mud puddle everyone thinks I am crazy when they see me walking there a little back pond with live bunker and had a 49" bass one night and a 50" the next night. I am very careful not to let them see me walking out of there with the fish so I made a lot of reservations there and I guess you know where I am fishing this year.I have also found many back up spots that produce but not that size bass.Heres to 2009:thumbsup:

williehookem
12-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Fish less time each outing, but make more fishing trips.

jigfreak
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
I have been condo camping( I have a large fifth wheel) in a great campsite not too many people fish I have been scouting for 2 years and picking away at fish but this spring I fished a place I call the mud puddle everyone thinks I am crazy when they see me walking there a little back pond with live bunker and had a 49" bass one night and a 50" the next night. I am very careful not to let them see me walking out of there with the fish so I made a lot of reservations there and I guess you know where I am fishing this year.I have also found many back up spots that produce but not that size bass.Heres to 2009:thumbsup:

Wow that sounds like a great place to keep under your hat. ;) My goal is to get a fish 30lbs or more, and learn how to plug better at different times of the day or night.

blitzhunter
03-15-2009, 11:05 AM
I want to do a grand slam from the surf, catching a bass, weakfish, and bluefish all in the same 24 hours.

surferman
03-15-2009, 12:07 PM
To catch a weakfish over 10lbs. All the ones I have ever caught were spikes and a little bigger. Also to learn to use bucktails better.

Monty
03-15-2009, 12:34 PM
2009 I am going to put a bigger effort into catching bigger bass. The goal is for a bass of 40 pounds. Thanks to Rip-Plugger I have some plugs that should attract the big girls. I will also do more fishing in the dark this year.

albiealert
03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I want to do a grand slam from the surf, catching a bass, weakfish, and bluefish all in the same 24 hours.

I have wanted to do that for years, but you don't see too many big weakfish in the Sound.