PDA

View Full Version : Double H Lures

Monty
12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
Here are a few Plugs made by Rip-Plugger.
I'll post a few more later as I have a nice arsenal.
True custom plugs, different styles and colors.

Theres a 3 oz Rip Cutter (cream)
A High Boy black and redish
A green and black Rip Splitter

rockhopper
12-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow, I'll take 1 of each! :heart: Is he selling them, or just making them for himself? Nice plugs, they look like they all dig in into the water, and a fat profile. Sweet work! :clapping:

nitestrikes
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
:thumbsup: Very nice pluggage, thanks for sharing.

Monty
12-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Heres another. Great profile and action.

Wow, I'll take 1 of each! :heart: Is he selling them, or just making them for himself? Nice plugs, they look like they all dig in into the water, and a fat profile. Sweet work! :clapping:

plugcrazy
12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Great pics, nice work! :clapping::clapping:

Monty
12-13-2008, 10:09 AM
The green Fat Mullet has great waggle and has picked up a few fish for me when other plugs got no attention. The slimmer plugs have a little bomber action in them.

smittyplugs
12-13-2008, 04:56 PM
looking good keep up the good work..:)

Monty
12-13-2008, 06:39 PM
Double "H" Lures

plugaholic
12-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Sweeeeeeet plugs! Thanks for sharing those great pics. :drool:

paco33
12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
The green Fat Mullet has great waggle and has picked up a few fish for me when other plugs got no attention. The slimmer plugs have a little bomber action in them.

:clapping: Beautiful work, I bet the wiggle puts a lot of motion out on the water on a calm night.

cowherder
12-14-2008, 12:59 PM
Double "H" Lures

Monty, a question: when you fish the ones in the pic, do you fish all 3 trebles, or take one out?

Monty
12-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I went through a period where I debarbed my hooks and removed the center hook on plugs that had that center hook. I had a day where I had close to a dozen hits and even had some fish on but landed nothing. Then in another two days I lost three fish that felt heavy. from that point on I added the center hook and all my hooks now have barbs. Results have been much better in hits and fish landed. I have talked with Rip-Plugger about this and I now agree with him, the center hooks are there for a reason.

Monty, a question: when you fish the ones in the pic, do you fish all 3 trebles, or take one out?

lostatsea
12-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Here are a few Plugs made by Rip-Plugger.
I'll post a few more later as I have a nice arsenal.
True custom plugs, different styles and colors.

Theres a 3 oz Rip Cutter (cream)
A High Boy black and redish
A green and black Rip Splitter

Great looking plugs! In the 3rd pic, how does the flat head white plug swim as compared to the round green one?

Monty
12-15-2008, 06:06 PM
It digs deeper and even has a little tighter wiggle.

Great looking plugs! In the 3rd pic, how does the flat head white plug swim as compared to the round green one?

Rip-Plugger
12-15-2008, 07:20 PM
looking good keep up the good work..:)

Hey Smitty,

I checked out your wood,very nce stuff.reminds me of Domsson's stuff,ironically,I built 3 that look like you made them.one of them is the same color but has a black back.
Keep up the fantastic work!

R-P

stormchaser
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey RP, great work, will you ever be selling these plugs, or is it too hard to make a lot at a time?

Rip-Plugger
12-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey RP, great work, will you ever be selling these plugs, or is it too hard to make a lot at a time?

Howdy Stormchaser,

I shall be selling some.right no I am stokpiling a few at a time so when I begin to sell some,I will hopefully have enough to go around.
I really started making them just to sell a few here and there.
I am looking to sell 1 per person,just to spread it around.I'm not in it to make money,just to have something different out there for the guys.

what I'm planning to do is sell in 2 batches,the first sometime after the first of the year and then another in march or the first week of april.

they will be in colors that I would fish with,custom mixed colors and odd color combos that no one else is doing.

FYI,there is no adjustment on these lures,they swim the way they swim,also my lips are not stainless steel,I make them from aluminum,each cut and shaped by hand.
so far,I or anyone else has not had a problem.I have hit bridge pilings with mine but just bent the lip back where it was and keep on fishing.

so,when the time comes I shall let it out.

cheers
R-P

R-P