PDA

View Full Version : Tony Spina Plugs

Monty
12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Anthony Spina,

The legendary plug maker, that has a nice ring to it.
Tony is a more than decent guy that entrusted me with $330.00 worth of
plugs.

He sent me a huge box full of his work to pick out what I wanted and
then send the rest back with my payment.
I was taken back by this since I never met the man in person.
I only read about him, heard about him and fished with a plug of his
years back when I was a youngster.
For putting his trust in me in such a way, I find it very easy to honor
him. I must honor him.

So, Monty and I are going to help other guys that don't know him or have
heard of him get in on his decent pieces of wood thats very reasonable
and not priced into space like these other guys out there.

Thanks Tony, Your Friend Rod

Heavy-Hooksetter
AKA Rip-Plugger

If anyone would like to contact Tony about buying some of his plugs please contat Tony at tonyspina444@yahoo.com or send either Rip-Plugger or me a PM . He has a few different types of plugs available (I have some swimmers and pencils on the way to me) so feel free to ask him what is made or being made. His plugs catch fish. I have had limited contact with Tony, a few emails, I have nothing but good things to say about him .
Here are few of his plugs that I have:
Monty

bunkerjoe4
12-20-2008, 06:35 PM
Monty and Rip-Plugger, Tony is indeed legendary. He is an icon in the plug building world. You two are to be commended for unselfishly trying to help him. :clapping:

I wish to speak a little about you guys so the folks out there know the depths a fisherman will go to assist a fellow angler. Rip-Plugger contacted me about this first asking permission. I cannot say enough good things about his way of approaching people and doing business. :clapping:

I would like to open these sales not only to members of SnA, but to the general public as well. I will post my e-mail address here.

You can contact me at bunkerjoe@yahoo.com

if you are not a member, and want me to forward your info to Monty or Rip-Plugger.

I will ask them to post one of their additional e-mail addresses for direct contact. Until then, anyone who wants can still get one of these creations from the legendary Anthony Spina at a great price.

Thanks again, Monty and Rip-Plugger, for helping Tony. I will try to make this as seamless as possible. Good luck! -- bunkerjoe

williehookem
12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Sweeet, how much will he be selling them for? :dribble:

wish4fish
12-20-2008, 07:19 PM
nice pluggage :clapping:

stormchaser
12-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Beautiful work, I think the tails put them ahead of some others. :clapping:

skinner
12-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Nice looking plugs. :thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
12-21-2008, 02:59 AM
Tony does nice work.

I took several fish over 20 with his 6 inch fatboy swimmer this past season.
no through the roof price as Tony ALWAYS wanted to keep his pirce down to where anyone that fishes can afford them,another point he told me is he NEVER wanted anyone to collect his work,he wants them to be out on the water doing what he made them for,,,fishing!

Monty and I will get prices added when Tony gets back to us then,they will be posted.
I have 14 of his plugs from pencils to swimmers and never had any problem at all.

R-P

DarkSkies
12-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Beautiful work, I think the tails put them ahead of some others. :clapping:

I like those tails too, one of my best tricks is dressing magnum bombers with bucktail siwashes. I don't knnow if it makes me more confident, and that's what's catchin more, but the ones with the back bucktail seem to catch better than the ones without. Nice lookin plugs, :thumbsup: to you guys for helping him. What's the weight range for those plugs?

nitestrikes
12-21-2008, 10:27 AM
:clapping: :clapping: Beautiful pics. How do those pink and white work under a full moon?

storminsteve
12-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Sweet! :drool:

Monty
12-21-2008, 01:11 PM
They weight is 1.4 oz to 1.6 oz, the white one is 2 oz (its fatter and I should have used it this past season (it was hidden behind other plugs)).
We will add contact info and pricing today and I have a few more pics that I'll post this evening.

I like those tails too, one of my best tricks is dressing magnum bombers with bucktail siwashes. I don't knnow if it makes me more confident, and that's what's catchin more, but the ones with the back bucktail seem to catch better than the ones without. Nice lookin plugs, :thumbsup: to you guys for helping him. What's the weight range for those plugs?

Monty
12-21-2008, 07:08 PM
If anyone would like to contact Tony to purchase his plugs please use this e-mail address:
Describe what you are looking for (color, weight, type and quantity).
He will respond to your e-mail.

tonyspina444@yahoo.com

The plugs are $10.00 each and that includes shipping.
I will post more pics of plugs as I have some pencils on order with him.

Monty
12-21-2008, 07:13 PM
More of Tony"s plugs (top yellow one has seen a few blues):

BassBuddah
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Nice plugs. Monty, I'll probably contact him. I see a lot of metal lips, and you said he made pencils. Do you have anything in your stash that looks like a tattoo, the sea pups, spook style that you could put pics up of? thanks, $10 shipped is a great deal. :clapping:

Monty
12-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I have a nice supply of his metal lips, when I get the pencil I will post that pic as well as the swimmer. Ask him about the others, maybe he has something:)/maybe not:(.

Nice plugs. Monty, I'll probably contact him. I see a lot of metal lips, and you said he made pencils. Do you have anything in your stash that looks like a tattoo, the sea pups, spook style that you could put pics up of? thanks, $10 shipped is a great deal. :clapping:

williehookem
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
If anyone would like to contact Tony to purchase his plugs please use this e-mail address:
Describe what you are looking for (color, weight, type and quantity).
He will respond to your e-mail.

njsurfplugs@yahoo.com

The plugs are $10.00 each and that includes shipping.
I will post more pics of plugs as I have some pencils on order with him.

Very nice gesture of you guys to do this. :clapping:

bababooey
12-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Sweet pluggage. :dribble:

albiealert
12-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Plastic bombers cost $7, how can you go wrong with a wood plug for $10? :clapping:

7deadlyplugs
12-22-2008, 04:43 PM
sweet paint, nice plugs.

Rip-Plugger
12-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Very nice gesture of you guys to do this. :clapping:

Thanks Willie,

Tony is a great guy and will look out for ya if there is any problem.
at times he will give a package deal when he feels like it.
I really like his stuff and I make my own so,that tells ya sumptin',,,,

R-P

basshunter
12-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Nice plugs, do you guys have pics of anything he makes in black or purple?

wish4fish
12-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Willie,

Tony is a great guy and will look out for ya if there is any problem.
at times he will give a package deal when he feels like it.
I really like his stuff and I make my own so,that tells ya sumptin',,,,

R-P

cool dude, mr tony, nice looking plugz

Rip-Plugger
12-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Nice plugs, do you guys have pics of anything he makes in black or purple?

Hi Basshunter,

Tony will paint what you want in that color,I don't have an of his lke that but if you wanted say,,, a 6 inch fatboy[like the pink/white one] in black/purple,he will do it.
he made me 3 6 inch fatboy's in rudolph color,they are not here yet but I will have Monty put them up when they get here.

R-P

Monty
12-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Just recieved these:
Pencils are 2.5 oz to 3 oz

Great South Bay Bucktails
12-26-2008, 07:39 PM
i sent a email a while ago to that website . i want plugs a bunch of plugs

Monty
12-26-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks,
Tony answered to the wrong address.
I sent you another e-mail address for Tony along with his question, should be easier for Tony this time.

i sent a email a while ago to that website . i want plugs a bunch of plugs

DarkSkies
12-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Great pics, man, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
12-28-2008, 03:45 AM
Just recieved these:
Pencils are 2.5 oz to 3 oz

Nice Haul Monty,his pencils work like no other I have used[I have not fished them much] also his 6 inch fatboys have this action that dazes the fish,choppers like them too!
I have a black/white pencil thats chewed up and it still standing!

R-P

12-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I just ordered 10 Pencils and 5 fatboys .....

I cant wait until i get them

Mikey

Monty
12-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Thats great.
Here are what Rip-Plugger just received.
I'm looking forward to fishing Tony's Pencils. They look like I could cast them a mile (weight distribution). This year my biggest fish on pencils were caught on very long casts.

Mikey

Rip-Plugger
12-30-2008, 12:57 AM

Mikey

Good deal Mikey,

you'll enjoy them and I hope you catch large!

R-P

12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
They are on the way !!!!!I did have my pencils modified a little . you will have to wait .
I will put pics up when i get them . I am very excited , i have enough pencils for the season now . The Fat Boys will get alot of action on the rocky NS of LI ...

Hey Thanks S&A , Rip Plugger and Monty ..

Mikey

I found my Builder , it took a while geesh!!!!

Rip-Plugger
12-31-2008, 08:32 PM
They are on the way !!!!!I did have my pencils modified a little . you will have to wait .
I will put pics up when i get them . I am very excited , i have enough pencils for the season now . The Fat Boys will get alot of action on the rocky NS of LI ...

Hey Thanks S&A , Rip Plugger and Monty ..

Mikey

I found my Builder , it took a while geesh!!!!

Hi Mikey,

I thik I can speak for all of us,and I am happy ya got in on a great deal by a legendary icon in plug making.

Tony makes them to be fished,banged on rocks,dragged over sand not to be in a case collecting dust.
Good to know ya have a direct line to custom wood when ya want it.
I hope Tony is around for a very long time.

stay well,,,
R-P

12-31-2008, 09:37 PM
Icon is more like it Rip!

For some reason i like the Joisey Built pencils the best . I mean Plugcaster is a prime example . They are longer and have a distinctive swim to them . I quess more of a Canal style !These are for MTK and will get beaten to death ...Then repainted and and back to active duty .
I had Tony get rid of the sticker eyes and do recessed 3 d eyes on my pencils !!!!!!!!!I know he will have alot of my money , I am Loyal to a fault !
I was hoping today but will have to wait for Friday
I have 5 Fatboys coming also , i have no idea what color ? I let him choose for me ..
Happy New Year

Mikey

Monty
01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Please post pics of the pencils when you get them.

Icon is more like it Rip!

For some reason i like the Joisey Built pencils the best . I mean Plugcaster is a prime example . They are longer and have a distinctive swim to them . I quess more of a Canal style !These are for MTK and will get beaten to death ...Then repainted and and back to active duty .
I had Tony get rid of the sticker eyes and do recessed 3 d eyes on my pencils !!!!!!!!!I know he will have alot of my money , I am Loyal to a fault !
I was hoping today but will have to wait for Friday
I have 5 Fatboys coming also , i have no idea what color ? I let him choose for me ..
Happy New Year

Mikey

Monty
01-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Tony's needles.:eek:

DarkSkies
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Al Gags knows Tony Spina well, had nothing but good things to say about him at the show yesterday. :thumbsup:

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2922

mrstriper
03-04-2009, 10:15 PM
makes a good quailty plug, i ought to know he taught me how and now i am going strong...:thumbsup:

RocksandReds
03-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Very nice work, I'm going to have to get a few before my ney york trip!!