PDA

View Full Version : NJ Fishing Reports for 12-22 to 12-31-08

bunkerjoe4
12-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Please post fishing reports here.......as little or as much detail as you want to give.

Please note: NO SPOT BURNING! Posts burning spots will be Edited or DELETED!
Some veteran fishermen have put in years developing and learning about certain spots.Some of these spots can only handle a few guys at a time. We are losing enough access as it is, due to the unfortunate behavior of a few selfish people. No sense in making it worse.

For some areas, it would be wiser to say:
OutFront (Ocean) OR -- OutBack (Bay) -- if you feel too many people will figure out what you are talking about. "Spot burning" also could involve mentioning something specific only to that area. If you do this, your post may be edited, or deleted. Remember that thousands of people could potentially read these posts. You don't want to be fishing next to ALL of them at the same time!

IF you are fishing an area that is NOT residential, being vague is less critical. For example, it's acceptable to say (Any)Park, or (Any)Bay, or mention a specific state park that has loads of parking and can handle the crowds.

If you are unclear on this concept, ask yourself:

If I name this place on the internet, will it be too crowded for me to enjoy tomorrow when people hear I got 30 fish here today?

If the answer is "Yes", then you should probably not be so specific.

We post these reports so our community will have a sense of what is working, what is not. We want to show people how to catch fish, rather than where.Even if you struck out or got skunked, it would be helpful to hear that as well.

If you have any additional details you would like to share - weather conditions, tide (incoming, outgoing, ebb, flood) water temps, bait present, or other mention of techniques or plugs used - feel free, as long as you are not overly specific about location.

Some acronyms -

SH - Sandy Hook
NoMoCo - Northern Monmouth County (below the hook to Shark River Inlet SRI)
SoMoCo - Southern Monmouth County (below SRI to Manasquan Inlet)

OC - Ocean County
IBSP - Island Beach State Park
LBI - Long Beach Island

AC - Atlantic County
AI - Absecon Inlet
CISP - Corson's Inlet State Park
CMC - Cape May County
CMR - Cape May Rips
GEI - Great Egg Inlet
TI - Townsend's Inlet

RB - Raritan Bay
BB - Barnegat Bay
CB - Chesapeake Bay
CBBT - Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
DB - Delaware Bay

bunkerjoe4
12-22-2008, 03:48 PM
NJ/NY WIR 12-22-08

Folks, we are coming to a close to the year, and the striped bass season for NJ. The NY saltwater striped bass season has already closed, and folks are busy preparing for the Holidays.

The bitter cold of the last 2 days is not a motivating factor for anyone but the most diehard anglers to go fishing. The bass that remain are small, the good days are few and far between, and most folks have turned to other pursuits.

A pick of small bass can still be found for the bravest. The best hours to go fishing are now centered around sunny days and afternoons, as I have mentioned. There are herring and shad to be found for those who need to have some kind of action. If you do get into small bass, please be careful with catch and release. These small "rats" are the cows of tomorrow. Thank you for all the support and helping your fellow anglers. For those who are still fishing, those posting in the bottom fishing reports will be eligible to win an award toward the cost of a trip in the Spring.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

I would like to thank everyone who has participated in these fishing reports, whether to post, or just to come here and spend a while with us. I wish you and your families a Happy Holiday season! I hope the New Year will be better for us all. :HappyWave: -- bunkerjoe

LennyD
12-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Merry Xmas to you all!!!!

storminsteve
12-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Merry Xmas to you all!!!!

Merry Christmas to all of you, looking forward to running into some of you in the spring.

DarkSkies
12-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Merry Christmas to all the coconuts here. :HappyWave: Had some family stuff to do today, but it was so warm I bet the microbass were chewin somewhere along the suds. Felt like April, in the 50's.

jigisup
12-27-2008, 02:30 PM
SoMoCo. Went out today for a few hours 6-10 am. Had a rough start but got into a couple of bass. 6 total on ava 27s. Biggest was 14 inches. I made sure to not handle them much and was gentle on the rentry. Anyway guys happy holidays and a happy new year

fishinmission78
12-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Jig, we must have hit the same schools today, all my bass were 14-18", the kindergarden was in session. :D OC 2-4pm, the S wind messed it up a little, got 3 bass on a t hex, out far.

wish4fish
12-28-2008, 09:32 AM
hit the park nomoco 6-8am. windy and foggy, like "the fog" lol. i was waiting for a sea monster to come up from the water. one bass 20" storm shad.

jigisup
12-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Jig, we must have hit the same schools today, all my bass were 14-18", the kindergarden was in session. :D OC 2-4pm, the S wind messed it up a little, got 3 bass on a t hex, out far.

It was like babysitting. LOL

LennyD
12-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Happy New Year to all the members. Be safe out there!
See ya in 2009!!!:plastered:

bunkerjoe4
12-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Lenny, happy New Year to you and all the members out there. :HappyWave: You have all helped to make this site what it is, and I greatly appreciate your efforts. Best wishes to all! -- bunkerjoe

LennyD
12-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Lenny, happy New Year to you and all the members out there. :HappyWave: You have all helped to make this site what it is, and I greatly appreciate your efforts. Best wishes to all! -- bunkerjoe

Thanx bunkerjoe4!
Without you we won't be here eighter.
Looking forward for spring run!:fishing:

gjb1969
12-31-2008, 05:45 PM
happy new year cant wait till march 1:fishing::plastered::plastered::plastered: