PDA

View Full Version : reels from china,,

Rip-Plugger
12-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Ming-Yang casting reels:

I like thinking outside the box.I was once told by a few guys that reels that have an off brand name are nothing but junk.
WELL,I like seeing things for myself because I have my OWN mind so,I decided to try one of the casting winches from Miny-Yang corparation.

Ming-Yang are a small,family owned/operated company.
the produce casting reels that have a very low cost and look great.

I bought a CZH-50,one of their smaller casters.it looked very much like an abu/garcia but internally they are not even close.
I opened it,saw a VERY simple design with very few parts.
I put her back together and took it out for a session with some choppers,,,I had a blast,great drag,casted really nice,nicer than I thought it would,it almost got away from me a few times.

to be honest,I liked it so much,I bought 5 more.
up to the CL-70,a monster winch with a drag thats as strong as the brakes on a 76 caddy!
they now have a bigger monster,the CL-80,I think it will take tuna,,,,

The Cl series is a big improvement over the czh series as the cl has dog/ratchet anti whie the czh has the IAR bearing.
also,the cl has a big ball bearing right at the top of the main drive gear.

they are not as smooth as a shimano but they are solid,low cost and function as they were designed to.
if you micro-polish the spool shatf it's that much faster,I would tell anyone curious about them to try CL 60 to cast plugs with,they will smile at how nice they really are.
on the plus side,the CL-60 holds 210 yards of 20 mono,more capacity than a 6500 abu.
the bottom line is,they work great,cost cheap,perform great and look nice all at the same time.

mine are all on their 3rd season and still going great.so,If you are curious,try one,you'll love what ya didn't pay a lot for.

ps,they even come in lefty and with 2 handles!!

Cheers
Rip-Plugger