PDA

View Full Version : Reel Job Fishing Guides Client to Record Trophy Trout for 2008

plugcrazy
12-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Reel Job Fishing Guides Client to Record Trophy Trout for 2008
Georgia Fly Fishing Guide and Outfitter, Capt. Kent Klewein of Reel Job Fishing guides client, Bo Ackerman, to a brown trout of a lifetime on the Toccoa River -- the largest trophy trout caught by a fly on the Toccoa thus far in 2008.

BLUE RIDGE, GA, December 05, 2008 /Fishing News Articles/ -- Reel Job Fishing, LLC, North Georgia Fly Fishing Guide and Outfitter, guided client Bo Ackerman, to a brown trout of a lifetime. The the largest trout landed with a fly rod on the Toccoa River so far for the 2008 season, this prized catch measured twenty-five and one half inches in length and had a girth of fourteen inches. The battle lasted over twenty minutes before this trophy trout finally was landed in the net and released.

"The key to landing the fish was utilizing a team effort from both the guide and the angler," said Captain Kent Klewein, owner of Reel Job Fishing. "Bo Ackerman did a great job of keeping the right amount of pressure on the trout while I made sure to position the boat at all times at a ninety degree angle to the fish. It wasn't easy keeping this optimum angle during the fight either. I had to row up and down the stream while circling the fish constantly and even had to use the boat as a blocker at one point to deter the fish from getting into a line breaking snag," said Klewen.

While this trophy specimen is the largest trout landed with a fly rod on the Toccoa River in 2008 season to date, a trout of this size would undoubtedly turn heads any where in the country. This recent and monumental catch brings awareness to the potential of the Toccoa River and other Georgia fly fishing waters, and the need for increased conservation efforts in Georgia.

"I've fished all around the world for trout and it blows my mind my biggest brown trout to date was taken from the Toccoa River in Georgia," said angler and Reel Job Fishing client Bo Angler. "It's a real shame Georgia has fallen so far behind on its conservation practices. If managed correctly by the state, the Toccoa River could definitely make the top 100 trout streams in the country," saidAckerman.

Currently, due to the hard work from the Trout Unlimited Blue Ridge Chapter, a slot limit has been proposed to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) for the Toccoa River. The DNR is conducting research presently to provide supporting statistics for the implementation of this proposal. If the slot limit is passed, the Toccoa River could see a significant increase in numbers of larger trout caught as well as, an overall increase in natural reproduction.