PDA

View Full Version : The Seaguar

Monty
01-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Rip-Plugger's Seaguar:

Spring green under satin black/silver sparkles,9.5 inches,2oz.?

3-fat seaguar,[midnight battleship],7 inches,2 oz.?

Monty
01-11-2009, 11:09 PM
R-P,
Is.the Seaguar a good imatation of a sand eel? Do you have sand eels up there?

Rip-Plugger
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
R-P,
Is.the Seaguar a good imatation of a sand eel? Do you have sand eels up there?

Hi Monty,

yes we have tons of them here.our harbor has a HUGE sandbar on the west side of the harbor half way.
there are also tons of mantis shrimp there as well as large shiners.
as far as imitating any kind of fish,the seaguar is just something I came up with.I didn't see anyone doing it so,I did.
thanks for helping me my brother in salt,you're duh man!!
takes the edge off the snow on the ground.

R-P

Monty
01-12-2009, 07:13 AM
How big are the sand eels In your area? Down here lots of anglers use bombers when they are arouind. I caught with a 3 inch 3/8 dia tube. (Small).
I thought I read somewhere that up north the sand eels are rather large? I have see (needle fish?) down here that seem to fit that profiile. Great idea, your plugs are creative.

Hi Monty,

yes we have tons of them here.our harbor has a HUGE sandbar on the west side of the harbor half way.
there are also tons of mantis shrimp there as well as large shiners.
as far as imitating any kind of fish,the seaguar is just something I came up with.I didn't see anyone doing it so,I did.
thanks for helping me my brother in salt,you're duh man!!
takes the edge off the snow on the ground.

R-P

dogfish
01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice plugs, smooth profiles. :clapping::clapping:

Rip-Plugger
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
How big are the sand eels In your area? Down here lots of anglers use bombers when they are arouind. I caught with a 3 inch 3/8 dia tube. (Small).
I thought I read somewhere that up north the sand eels are rather large? I have see (needle fish?) down here that seem to fit that profiile. Great idea, your plugs are creative.

oh god yes,I have seen them as long as 10 inches and very fast too.
they create blitz episodes when they swarm the shore north of the sandbar.
I have personally seen a blitz that was down the middle of the harbor from the 95 bridge almost all the way to the harbor entrance,it was about 600 feet wide and down the middle.
what an incredible sight.

R-P