PDA

View Full Version : People you fish with

lostatsea
01-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Over the years I have developed many friendships through fishing. There are a few guys who I fish with quite often.

Who you say you basically fish with the same people or do fishing friends come and go?

fishincrazy
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
I fish with alot of different guy's.I've got 2 mainstay not related to guy's who I hit the sand with on a regular basis.Rick and Jon,Met them while posting on another board,They both live close to the area I fish most Pt down to Sea Side.I also spend alot of time fishing with my brother.There's always room for more fishin buddies:D

FC:cool:

Great South Bay Bucktails
01-30-2009, 06:16 PM
i used to fish with this guy who thought he was the best and turned ou to be a giant *** ..now i fish with 2 guys . one guy i have fished with for 7 years and the other about a year .. i am not a social fisherman

Mikey

Rip-Plugger
01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I don't have many I'd fish with,I do have my wife,my buddy skip,my main partner Kenny and 1 I would fish with by the name of Monty.

I do know many that fish but,they are in bed when I'm heading out,they are afraid to lose sleep.

as Mikey said,some guys are just asses and bring other guys along that are loud and make waay too much noise.other than whom I mentioned,I also love fishing alone,,,well,I actually never alone,I also have my silent partner come along too!

R-P

gjb1969
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM
i did fish with a group of guys at one time but to many times they would stand me up have me up all nite not show up not call so i cut them off and now i just do my own thing and i dont mind if i dont go its cool tite lines and good luck:fishing:

Rip-Plugger
01-31-2009, 02:11 AM
well said GJB!

R-P

surfwalker
01-31-2009, 09:22 AM
I come and go as I please. I learned a long time ago that waiting for people or them not wanting to go to the beach you want to plug only leads to a miserable day. I do a lot of walking and only socialize when taking a break. Sure, I meet up with the other regulars, all good people and happy to see each other, but we don't stand 2 feet apart from each other. Some of them are only known by thier nick names.

clamchucker
01-31-2009, 10:22 AM
From a boat, I have 2 buddies that I fish with regularly. From the surf, I fish solo most of the time. I'm retired, and not everyone can coordinate their schedule with mine.

Monty
01-31-2009, 09:02 PM
Fish by myself almost all the time.
At the end of last year fished a few times with someone I met on another board, also on a rare ocasion with my brother-inlaw.
I enjoy it either of these ways, they all have positives for me.
I do not like fishing in a crowd.
Even while fishing with others, I tend to wander away.. ..