PDA

View Full Version : Whiff of hypocrisy from New York

bababooey
02-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I guess no one on Bloomberg's staff is a fisherman. :don't know why: The wind has been blowing S from NJ for the past week or so. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the smell was coming from IFF or another fragrance manuracturer in NJ. Just one fisherman could have solved it. ;)

http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2009/02/pleasant_smell_from_jersey_eli.html

A whiff of hypocrisy from New York (http://blog.nj.com/njv_mark_diionno/2009/02/pleasant_smell_from_jersey_eli.html)

by Mark DiIonno (mdiionno@starledger.com)/Star-Ledger columnist Saturday February 07, 2009, 7:05 AM

You gotta love those New Yorkers.
They get a few wafts of Vermont on the Upper West Side, and the drama starts.
Nine times since December of 2005, the smell of maple syrup had drifted through the Hudson waterfront, and New Yorkers wanted some answers. The mystery smell made the tabloids, the Times. The New Yorker even ran a blurb. Like they never smell urine in subway stations, or got stuck behind a city sanitation truck...

Bloomberg News reported, "Ooh, that smell! It's coming from New Jersey."
The front cover of the Daily News yelled, "IT CAME FROM JERSEY."
The New York Post story lead said, "Who knew that America's armpit could smell so sweet?"
Well, not for nothing, New Jersey has been making America's armpits smell sweet for more than a century, something New Yorkers should remember next time they're sardined on a transit train in August.
We are the fragrance and flavor capital of America. Always have been.
The giants of the industry, like International Flavors and Fragrances (IFF) and Firmenich, are here, as well as dozens of others. From dollar-store shampoos to $100 an ounce perfumes, from laundry detergent to stick deodorant, New Jersey companies makes the fragrances that makes the nation less offensive. Even New Yorkers.
"I'd say we have about 60 various flavor and fragrance houses operating in the state," said Hal Bozarth, the executive director of the Chemistry Council of New Jersey. "I know we have more here in New Jersey than any other part of country."

gjb1969
02-08-2009, 06:03 PM
:clapping:i get so tired of people bashing nj evean the one who live here if it that bad u can go we will not miss just drive the state its not all bad at my old job i did service call at private homes and did a few office complxe are state is not that bad we hav a little bit of everything again if it that bad for u seeya

storminsteve
02-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Everyone bashes Jersey, from Jay Leno to the politicians who never stepped foot in our state. NJ- what exit?, all they know us from is the turnpike. We have more miles of ocean beaches than most east coast states. Beautiful beaches, beautiful women, beautiful smells. :D :2flip: to them if they don't like it.

bababooey
02-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Beautiful beaches, beautiful women, beautiful smells. :D :2flip: to them if they don't like it.

Beautiful smells? Ever been to Bayonne or the Newark bay area, Steve? :D

storminsteve
02-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Not to Bayonne. That does remind me of the saying that used to be going around about some girls....smells like fish, eat all you wish, smells like cologne, leave it alone. A few guys I know used the alternate version...smells like Bayonne, leave it alone! :ROFLMAO: It's like the family of crazy nuts who beats on each other all the time, but is ready to kill you if you mess with one of their own. NJ is my state, warts and all, don't mess with her!! ;)

bababooey
02-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Then you probably would like this song about dirty water. Just take out Boston and substitute with New Jersey, and you have yourself a Jersey anthem. :D
5apEctKwiD8

dogfish
02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Just take out Boston and substitute with New Jersey, and you have yourself a Jersey anthem. :D

Standard ops for you NJ guys. Take something that WE started, switch it around a little, and all of sudden it's yours. How original.:kooky: :laugh:

bababooey
02-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Actually, doggy, the Sandells were from California. You guys up there were only too lucky to have them borrow the Boston name and immortalize it in a song. At least that's how I see it.:D :HappyWave:

basshunter
02-10-2009, 03:41 PM
smells like fish, eat all you wish, smells like cologne, leave it alone. A few guys I know used the alternate version...smells like Bayonne, leave it alone!

this is funny ****. I was searching for the actual quote. Wow, some crazy stuff is out there!

"the highest quality vagina smell like x fish... it doesn't smell according to a few people here if the girl just showered"

another one:
Why does my vagina smell like fish?

after sexual intercourse?

I have heard guys say: "If it smells like fish,eat all you wish, If it smells like cologne leave it alone" so maybe your not the only one with that smell.

:wheeeee::wheeeee::wheeeee::wheeeee::wheeeee: :D

storminsteve
02-10-2009, 04:11 PM
:laugh:You guys are all over the map here. So does NJ smell like fish, rotten eggs, sweet fragrance, or cologne?

cowherder
02-10-2009, 05:19 PM
It's a shmorgasbord, steve, a little bit of everything thrown in! :D