PDA

View Full Version : Good karma

DarkSkies
02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
A few weeks ago I helped 2 out of state ladies that were a little lost. They told me they were driving around for hours, and needed to find the airport. I guided them there. I thought they might be worried about their safety, so I gave them my name and # before we set out.

When we got to the airport, they threw some money at me for their gratitude. I didn't want it, I don't get paid for helping people in distress. Then they said they worked for Pradco Industries, and I was drooling. I wnet on and on how all the guys where I fish go nuts over custom plugs, which DO pull in some large cows. But I have also done well on simple Pradco plastic. Picked up my biggest bass of fall 08 on a Pradco blurple magnum bomber. Those bombers are an essential part of my plug bag.

If you fish the rocks, you can't afford to lose $25 plugs all the time, so you tend to economize and fish bombers, rubber, and bucktails.

I think the way I went on and on praising Bombers, they almost missed their flight.:embarassed: :laugh:

After they got back, they tried to locate me, and I got a phone call from them. They again expressed their gratitiude, I said thanks was enough.

But it wasn't enough for these 2 grateful ladies, so they sent me a care package. I was blown away when I opened it up.

I woulda done the same for anyone who was stranded. That's one of the things that still makes our country great - strangers helping each other. But getting that package in the mail made my day,

Thank you ladies, and Pradco! It made my day to get that package. I'm glad you got home safe. :thumbsup:

DarkSkies
02-13-2009, 08:24 AM
Pics of the nice package they sent me - Pradco hats, bomber lures

DarkSkies
02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
This was on their letterhead. Author was William Penn, but it sounds like it could have come from the Bible. Ya never know when you're going to run into good people in this world, Keep your eyes open, they're out there. :thumbsup:

Thanks again, ladies from Ebsco Industries! I will fish those plugs hard, batter them against the rocks, and catch some nice fish on them. :HappyWave:

jonthepain
02-13-2009, 08:29 AM
awesome hat! and that red and white bomber is my go-to lure (behind an epoxy rainfish teaser.)

pulled in countless schoolies and more than a few keepers on that one.

DarkSkies
02-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Right on Jon. How ya doin, man! :HappyWave:

Some guys sell their bombers when they make the step up to custom wood. Not me, those plugs catch. Here's the pic of the NJ fall bass I got 10/19/08, 20lbs, 15 oz, in front of a noreaster, winds blowin 30-40 pushin waves 8' over the seawall. Got it on a blurple magnum bomber. Only modification I made was adding a white bucktail siwash as the rear hook.

bababooey
02-13-2009, 09:14 AM
I think the way I went on and on praising Bombers, they almost missed their flight.:embarassed: :laugh:

:thumbsup:

They're lucky they made that flight. I don't think it's possible for anyone to have a short conversation with you, dark. :rolleyes:

Nice fish, and :clapping: for helping them.

gjb1969
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
good things do come to good people and good guys don t all ways finish last:clapping: way to go rich

surfwalker
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
"What goes around comes around." Nice Bass. Noreaster-yes!

Monty
02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Acts of kindness are awsome.
Nice Rich, thats the way it should be, and what gets me is people are so suprised now a days when you go out of your way to help them that they go way out of their way to thank you.
:clapping:

Rip-Plugger
02-13-2009, 09:48 PM
DS,

thats a fine haul ya have there,it's people like them that make a difference!
it came full circle,,,

R-P

albiealert
02-13-2009, 10:25 PM
I use bombers all the time, the action is simple but deadly. Good mojo to you Darkskies for helping those women. Nice fish too. :clapping:

mick2360
02-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice going, Dark. You were a guardian angel that night. Interesting, isn't it; having survived our battles, it's likely we've run into a few angels ourselves. Paying it forward is a great feeling.

bunkerjoe4
02-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Someone contacted me here trying to find you. I thought it was the FBI looking for you, again. :) That was an admirable act of kindness, Dark -- good job. :clapping: