PDA

View Full Version : Bass hookups-best years

surfwalker
02-17-2009, 07:31 PM
What were the best years you had hooking up with Bass? Why? Was it due to more trips made, bait was in tight, found better currents, experience, or just lucky. Doesn't matter weather you were bait fishing or plugging.

Monty
02-17-2009, 09:17 PM
2008 was my best year.
Experience and confidence are what made it my best year.
Some help in being steered in the correct direction and the start of putting it together (where to find fish, confidence in what to throw, presentation). As the year progressed, so did the catching.

hookset
02-18-2009, 08:20 AM
I have to give credit to friends with experience. It took me a long time to figure out where the fish were and what bait to use when. I always seemed to be a day late. Finally I hooked up with some experienced Old Salt surfcasters. They took me under their wing, showed me the ropes. My best years are because of them.:HappyWave:

DarkSkies
02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
I would say 2008 was a good year for me night fishin, but I thought the overall 2006 was better because the fall season lasted longer, and bigger fish seemed to be around in the surf zone even toward the end of the year.

vpass
02-19-2009, 12:19 AM
My best year was in 2003. I had 1 week blitz in Sandy Hook. I caught about 300 Bass (more of less) between 28 inches to 42 inches, None stop action. It was in Oct. last week. There were other that were in on the blitz. They may even be on this Forum. I don't think there will be any other blitz that will top that week. Even with out the Blitz. I did very well on the Daily catches. Definitly my best year.

surfwalker
02-19-2009, 06:44 AM
vpass, October of that year was a pretty productive month, especially at the end of the month when the water temp dropped to about 58°. There was a vast quantity of Bass around, but Nov. of that year was very poor for me. You had a very impressive week.

Happy Trails