PDA

View Full Version : portable baitwells

jigfreak
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Does anyone here use a portable baitwell? I was thinking about getting one from Cabalas. There are two I was looking at. One is Longer-Life soft cooler for $39.99 the other is more durable and is a Frabill for $42.99. Any advise is appreciated.

williehookem
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Is this the one you're talking about?

The review says it's not designed that well....

soft side, July 14, 2008
By Nightfishn from N. Carolina

"Great concept, not bad, but really needs to have round or ball like stiff insert. Certain baits find the seam and swim themselves to death. Just OK product."

$43 sounds a little pricey for a baitwell. What do you want to keep in there, eels, mullet, or bunker. I use a 5 gallon bucket and some aerators, total cost maybe $20 including batteries.

DarkSkies
02-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I made my own portable baitwell too. Instead of spending the $$ on a fancy one, I used the dough I saved to buy 2 extra aerators, total 3 when I have live adult bunker in there. I'll try to take a pic when I get a chance.

dogfish
02-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I made my own portable baitwell too. Instead of spending the $$ on a fancy one, I used the dough I saved to buy 2 extra aerators, total 3 when I have live adult bunker in there. I'll try to take a pic when I get a chance.

Yup, save the money, no frills. :thumbsup: