PDA

View Full Version : bridge fishing

wish4fish
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
is it cheating if you fish off a bridge?

crosseyedbass
02-25-2009, 08:58 PM
No... but it's a secret world with some crazy carachters. :kooky:

fishinmission78
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
No it's not cheating, because there are no fish to be caught off any bridge in NJ. :fishing:

dogfish
02-25-2009, 10:40 PM
No it's not cheating, because there are no fish to be caught off any bridge in NJ. :fishing:

First rule of bridge fishing is there is no bridge fishing.
VjR2E8kGqt4

I hear ya, its getting too crowded. I'm usually in a yak under or near the eddies of the bridge, fishing the shadow lines. It's where the cows live, if you know how to say "Moo" ;)

hookedonbass
02-26-2009, 03:09 PM
I have friends who bridge fish from time to time. We use a bridge net to bring up short fish or hope they fall off when you pull the fish up. Giving it slack in the current will sometimes do that. A lot of guys will use a bridge gaff. What to you do about gaffing a short fish, what's the point?

DarkSkies
03-01-2009, 06:53 AM
"What to you do about gaffing a short fish, what's the point?"
That's one thing thatg bothers me about fishing on top, hooked on bass.

A lot of club winning fish come from bridges. Too many people fish on top. Plus, it's not that easy. Good bridge fishermen catch fish because they've spent years learning what does and doesn't work. You can also get them nearby, underneath, or drifting through.

I try to fish nearby, and like to fight the fish from the ground. You can find fish in any channel when conditions are right. The channels don't have to be near bridges and are easier to fish because people may look right at a channel and not give fishing it a second thought. I would rather fish channels than bridges.

dogfish
03-02-2009, 08:26 PM
The channels don't have to be near bridges and are easier to fish because people may look right at a channel and not give fishing it a second thought. I would rather fish channels than bridges.

The best places to fish are those people look at and never give a second thought to. Under cover of darkness, keep your scores to yourself, it's a beautiful thing, my friend. :HappyWave: