PDA

View Full Version : Prop Lures

Sephus3
03-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to share some Examples of what I like to build. I build under the name S3 Lures.

DarkSkies
03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey man what's up! You were the last table I stopped at at Asbury, my camera batteries crapped out as I was takin the pics. You weren't there, your friend Dave said you worked Twisted lures with Dave P, and then branched out, that you're from the Mercer area.

I first walked up to your stuff because they looked like spooks, and I didn't see the propeller. So how do ya fish those things, I'm assuming a lot slower than a normal spook?

Sephus3
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Hi DarkSkies, Dave called me yesterday and said he spoke with someone who was interested in my props but couldn't remember my last name so I mistakenly contacted Joe but he informed my that you do reviews for the site. Actually I didn't have a table at asbury, the gentleman Dave you spoke with had purchased some of lures and had them out for display at his table.

I did work with Dave P and Scott on last years lures and also worked with Dave P on his Fatbellies in 07'. Dave P has been a best friend on mine for the past 20 years.

This year I decided to finally do my own thing and topwater fishing is my favorite that's why the first thing I made were these Prop baits. Use can fish them with the same cadence as a spook or slow to moderately fast. I've even burned them with no problems. If you have any more questions feel free to contact me:)

:plastered:

Joe

Hey man what's up! You were the last table I stopped at at Asbury, my camera batteries crapped out as I was takin the pics. You weren't there, your friend Dave said you worked Twisted lures with Dave P, and then branched out, that you're from the Mercer area.

I first walked up to your stuff because they looked like spooks, and I didn't see the propeller. So how do ya fish those things, I'm assuming a lot slower than a normal spook?

strikezone31
03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Those are some incredible lures.:drool:

bababooey
03-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Nice work, and some nice paint. What range are they weight wise, or are you making them all the same size?

Sephus3
03-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Thank You:)

Those are some incredible lures.:drool:

Sephus3
03-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Spec for my lures are: I make two sizes; One that's average 8 1/2 inches long and 3 oz and the other is on average 7 3/4 inches long and 2 oz. They're SS wire through with own custom Hook Hangers. Rosco split rings, 3/0 Vmc 9626ps for the larger of the two and 2/0 vmc 9626ps for the smaller. Aluminum prop blades for back and two coats of E-tex for the finish.

Nice work, and some nice paint. What range are they weight wise, or are you making them all the same size?

voyager35
03-10-2009, 01:40 PM
It always amazes me the different painting designs you guys come up with. Beautiful work!:clapping:

Rip-Plugger
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Hello Everyone, I'm new to this site and wanted to share some Examples of what I like to build. I build under the name S3 Lures.

Howdy Sephus3,

great to have you here and great work,gotta give ya props!
keep it coming m8!

R-P