PDA

View Full Version : Type of fishing

surferman
03-10-2009, 08:35 AM
What is your favorite type of fishing?

clamchucker
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I love the salt. However, I don't mind taking the grandkids to a quiet pond on a hot summer day so they can catch sunnies and bluegills.

Monty
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Fishing the surf with plugs.
Had an incredible time in the fall fishing all day in a rain storm, east wind, rough surf.Picking away at Blues and Stripers. Fished from 5:00 in the morning till 5:00 at night. Riding the beach with my brother in law. Two hour lunch. It was awsome, finding fish in white water, over the sand bar, in close, long casts. Went out on the sand bar at low tide, waves breaking over my head (I was dressed for the ocaision). I had an incredible time, and that would be my favorite type (Pluggin a rough surf, sandy beaches, sand bars, cuts in sand bars, and white water).:heart::heart:

gjb1969
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM
salt bait and plugs and bottom fishing:fishing::thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
being mostly a river angler I prefer currents,deep holes current obstructions as well as shallows and mud flats.
not much in the way of surf in my close parts but I do venture to the long shores at times when the fish are on bait there.
surface swimmers,,bucktails,larger rubbah,it's all good.
rips,eddys,threads,whirlpools,you name it.
Hence my Nic,,,Rip-Plugger.

R-P

Sephus3
03-10-2009, 10:18 PM
love topwater fishing in the River! Props, spooks, pencils or anything that aggravates a strike:D

surfstix1963
03-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Plugs(darters,poppers,rubber shads and also needles) in any moving water backbays in spring and ocean and inlets in the fall.

surfwalker
03-11-2009, 07:21 AM
Out front, any time, any weather-PLUGS

Happy Trails

DarkSkies
03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Had an incredible time in the fall fishing all day in a rain storm, east wind, rough surf.Picking away at Blues and Stripers. Fished from 5:00 in the morning till 5:00 at night. Riding the beach with my brother in law. Two hour lunch. It was awsome, finding fish in white water, over the sand bar, in close, long casts. Went out on the sand bar at low tide, waves breaking over my head (I was dressed for the ocaision). I had an incredible time, and that would be my favorite type (Pluggin a rough surf, sandy beaches, sand bars, cuts in sand bars, and white water).:heart::heart:

You said it, Monty. :dribble:That rough weather and water keeps most people at home. The fish don't know it's raining, and they go on the feed. Some of my best fishing nights were in front of a noreast pattern. A southeaster also works depending what shore you're on. ;) I'm bummed I hadda work today, I know somewhere the fish are hungry.

basshunter
04-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't mind the rain but when the wind kicks my *** I have trouble staying focused.

Simp
04-28-2010, 09:59 PM

That works for me!:thumbsup: