PDA

View Full Version : Today's the day to go fishing!

DarkSkies
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Light rain pattern, wind from the E/SE, heavy fog in places giving the fish more cover and making them less spooky.

So many memories of days like this that were some of my best. When I was inbto freshwater fishing a lot, this would be the day that I would sneak into a private reservoir under cover of fog. You know the guy wouldn't be patrolling too carefully, he would be sitting somewhere drinking coffee.

Largemouth bass would be on the feed, they would hit mid water lures and rubber worms. You could get them in the shallows in the daytime without spooking them. And if you brought a bucket of live shiners, it was like you were running a food kitchen as different species committed suicide by attacking that live bait. Great times in bad weather.:fishing:

As for the salt, I know today they're on the feed somewhere. Spring fishin for me is night or pre-dawn fishin becasue the fish are spooky otherwise. The fog and light rain gives them confidence to feed in more shallow areas, and you have a better chance of catching them in the day.

If I could blow off work today and go fishin right now, I would, but I can't. :2flip: That doesn't stop the feelin i get in the pit of my stomach that I should be out there.

Anyone else get that feelin, when you can't fish, but you know the time is right, and you're climbing the walls?

plugcrazy
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm with you Dark, too many responsibilities to blow off the day. I am yearning to be out in the surf.

mick2360
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
A light rain is always the time I want to take off and go. I've had fantastic days in the freshwater and since I'm two hours inland, that's the majority of my fishing. Time to get ready for the NYC reservoirs! I envy you coastal guys.

bababooey
03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I hear you too DS. Rumor has it that bunker have arrived.:lookhappy:

dogfish
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
If I could blow off work today and go fishin right now, I would, but I can't. :2flip: That doesn't stop the feelin i get in the pit of my stomach that I should be out there.

Anyone else get that feelin, when you can't fish, but you know the time is right, and you're climbing the walls?

Tell your boss to go eff himself. Unemployment is fun. ;)

DarkSkies
03-13-2009, 06:26 AM
Tell your boss to go eff himself. Unemployment is fun. ;)

I am the boss. :D So I can take off if I have to. I still lose a day's pay, and with this economy I need the money. Taking off means I switch the workload to other days, which I did today. I'm finally goin fishin on a weekday. :wheeeee: :fishing: