PDA

View Full Version : What to do with the bait

porgy75
03-12-2009, 04:25 PM
I want to go fishing after work. What do you do with bait during work hours if you are not going home first?

I was thinking of keeping a cooler with some ice.

plugcrazy
03-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Clams, salt them when you're done. It will toughen them up and make them last longer. Keep them in a bag with the clam juice. Sand or bloodworms are hard to keep past a day or so, you can try to keep them refrigerated, don't let the box they came in get wet, keep the seaweed slightly moist. Bunker, put it on TOP of the ice, too much water and it gets funny. Drain the water from the side or bottom when it starts to pool up, you should be good for a few days.

surfstix1963
03-13-2009, 04:36 AM
Eels I use 2 5 gallon buckets one inside the other the top one has small holes drilled in the bottom put the eels in put a burlap bag or onion sack on top of them add ice on top of the bag keep in a cool place.The ice slows their metabolism down the bags protect the eels from freezing and the holes let the water and slime drip to the other bucket so they don't drown in their own slime had them for a couple of days like this just keep ice on them not a ton of it or you will crush them enough to keep them cold.