PDA

View Full Version : Bluefish

skinner
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I hate to eat bluefish, but loove to catch them. :heart: Anyone out there eat blues? Why would you eat such a crappy tasting fish?

surfstix1963
03-18-2009, 05:17 AM
It's only crappy if you clean it wrong and do not eat it fresh,catch it,bleed it out,when you fillet skin the fish get the dark crap out a little paprika,tarragon, and dill in aluminum foil w/a tad of butter on the grill.

jonthepain
03-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Bluefish tastes great. Even my kids love it, and they hate fishy tasting fish.

I don't bleed them, skin them, or remove the dark meat. Just filet them, douse liberally with fresh lemon juice, cover with a couple of lemon slices, and wrap in foil on the grill.

Gotta eat them the night you catch them, tho.

I never did understand why people think bluefish tastes bad.

bluesdude71
03-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Bluefish tastes great if prepared properly.

5JAQohhHOng

gjb1969
03-18-2009, 07:26 PM
on the grill the fillet is very good all the oil drips down and out ;)

surfwalker
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
I used to love to eat blues, but in the late '60's we caught a pile of them one morning. Back then we just kept everything we caught. I was driving a '58 Pontiac Chieftan then, (the trunk could hold 6 bodies easily), and we had it full of big blues covered with ice. Cleaned all of them in the back yard, stuffed the ice box and Mom cooked them every night for weeks (seemed like years). We had them baked, broiled, on the grill, whole, filleted, with macaroni/sauce, anyway she could think to cook them, she did. And when you went to work the next day and you thought that you had escaped the dreaded Blue, there it was, in a sandwich, looking for your taste buds. So, now I just catch them, and still to this day I can't get that taste outta my mouth.

Happy Trails

storminsteve
03-20-2009, 09:30 AM
I used to love to eat blues, but in the late '60's we caught a pile of them one morning. Back then we just kept everything we caught. I was driving a '58 Pontiac Chieftan then, (the trunk could hold 6 bodies easily), and we had it full of big blues covered with ice. Cleaned all of them in the back yard, stuffed the ice box and Mom cooked them every night for weeks (seemed like years). We had them baked, broiled, on the grill, whole, filleted, with macaroni/sauce, anyway she could think to cook them, she did. And when you went to work the next day and you thought that you had escaped the dreaded Blue, there it was, in a sandwich, looking for your taste buds. So, now I just catch them, and still to this day I can't get that taste outta my mouth.

Happy Trails

Sounds worse than the Thanksgiving turkey leftovers...turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, turkey casserole... :scared: I never saw a Chieftain, so I googled it. What color was yours? That's some trunk, looks like one Tony Soprano could have put to good use!

surfwalker
03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
ss- My buddy repainted it-Blue (Barrier Blue). Had that old boatride effect when it shifted, lotta fun, good times. Yes, the Blues for me are right up there with the never ending Turkey.

Happy Trails