PDA

View Full Version : Swim-Dart

Sephus3
03-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I made a metal lipped darter a year ago and it swam great. I really liked the idea of it but wanted something different so I tinkerd around for the past year and finally came up with a design I'm really happy with. I made three different bodies and swam them about two weeks ago and all three swam great! finally finished them up. Whatcha think?

Purp is 5 1/2 inches @ 2 oz
Trout is 6 1/2 inches @ 2.5 oz
Smokey Joe is 7 1/2 inches @ 3.25 oz

dogfish
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Nice work. Not many would try to make a metal lipped darter because of the complications. With that wide lip, seems like you got it down. You swam it already, can you describe the action? I think it would probably dig in where needed.

jigfreak
03-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Awesome man, I like to purple one, looks like a winner.:drool:

Sephus3
03-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Swims like a metal-lip but under the surface about a foot down on a slow retrieve. Speed up the retrieve and it digs down further to around three feet. On a faster retrieve it will swoosh left to right or right to left then go back to original position.

Nice work. Not many would try to make a metal lipped darter because of the complications. With that wide lip, seems like you got it down. You swam it already, can you describe the action? I think it would probably dig in where needed.

Rip-Plugger
03-22-2009, 03:21 AM
Sephus3,

that is soo cool,really cool design.it's so nice to see someone think outside the box like I do.keep it coming,I can appreciate such mindful engineering!
thats great thinking!

R-P

jimmy z
03-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Very nice work!:)