PDA

View Full Version : Cost of saving your dog.

surferman
03-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Dogs are a man's best friend. How much would you spend to save your pet?

williehookem
03-28-2009, 06:21 PM
We have already spent about $1000 to save a mutt we once had. She had some diabetic symptoms, peeing blood and things like that. So we brought her to the doctor, special tests, medication, etc, these things add up quickly. :scared:

mick2360
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
This is deeply embarrassing. I have spent around 2,000 on a cat over several years. :scared:

DarkSkies
04-09-2009, 08:51 AM
^^ I'm embarassed too, Mick. Once in my early 20's I paid about $300 to diagnose a dog I had for many years. He had diabetes and was pizzin blood. Also spent about $400 to save a cat who had a broken leg. All that $$, and I couldn't afford health insurance for me! Shoulda ran over the damn critters. :D

mick2360
04-09-2009, 10:36 PM
It gets worse. I have a health insurance plan for the cat. Hall of Shame, here I come. :embarassed:

DarkSkies
04-10-2009, 09:45 AM
^ Almost as shameful as a white googan bucket clearly labeled "Googan Bucket, effumall!"! ;)

Mick, please tell me you made that cat health insurance decision after much mutual discussion with your wife, who manipulated you into it somehow, and I'll be ok with it. :laugh:

jonthepain
04-15-2009, 04:01 PM
buddy of mine has 5 kids, used to live in a bad part of n plainfield. piled the kids in the car to take them somewhere, backed over the family doberman. quick took it to the vet, vet says it's hopeless, gimme $75 and i'll take care of it.

$75 to him, then, might as well have been a million. so the doc says, hey just put a plastic bag over his head, duct tape it up real good, the dog is suffering, this will put him out of his misery quickly.

guy goes home, duct tapes a 30 gal trash bag over it's head in the back yard, the kids come out screaming, dog is going nuts trying to get said bag off it's head, guy is trying to keep the bag on, kids off, wife from screaming, yelling, you can imagine. it was not quick, but it was effective.

this is like 15 yrs ago and he still mists up over it.

the toughest part of the whole deal is keeping a straight face while he's telling the story.

DarkSkies
04-16-2009, 09:34 AM
the toughest part of the whole deal is keeping a straight face while he's telling the story.

Now ya done it Jon, it's hard to believe, but I'm at a loss for words on this!!! :kooky: :laugh:

jonthepain
04-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Now there's a feat. I am marking this day on the calendar for sure.:laugh:

hookset
04-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Now ya done it Jon, it's hard to believe, but I'm at a loss for words on this!!! :kooky: :laugh:

Now there's a feat. I am marking this day on the calendar for sure.:laugh:

It amazes me how one brain could have so much energy, Dark, are you like this when you're fishing too, non-stop? A couple cases of 5-hour energy drinks in your basement?;)