PDA

View Full Version : Rip Plugger's Plugs

DarkSkies
04-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Rip Plugger Pluggage!! :wow:

You guys have all seen examples of Rip-Plugger's plugs, one at a time. When Rip-Plugger was conceived, they broke the mold!

Some facts aout Rip Plugger:
He didn't go to the "follow the leader" building school.

He doesn't follow conventional paint patterns that catch fishermen, he paints tones and hues that he feels will attract fish, based on his years of fishing experience.

His plugs will not win the award for "most esthetically pleasing".;) :HappyWave:

They may not be on the top collector shelves with all the designer plugs that will never get fished,

They WILL be fished hard, and smashed, and smashed again, and crashed on by big bass and blues in search of a big thick meal.

Yep, just like RP likes his women big and thick, that's how he makes his plugs,,, thick and tasty meals for the cows we're addicted to!!!

If you like fishin current, deep rips, or fast running river water, give his stuff a try, they dig in to get down to where the fish are. :fishing:

So, without further ado, RPs SHOWCASE! - It's time his plugs all had a home they could call their own! :D

I don't have the pics handy, so maybe RP or Monty could put em up when you get a chance.

surfstix1963
04-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Let the show begin.

cowherder
04-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Who's got the pics? :D

:ttiwwop:

dogfish
04-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Who's got the pics? :D

:ttiwwop:

Yeah, how about em! Someone asleep at the helm?:don't know why:

Monty
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
OK, I'll start posting with a few that I have of R-P's Plugs. And will get to other pics that I have of his plugs.

DarkSkies
04-17-2009, 09:39 PM
^^About frikkin time!!!! (I know ya been busy);) :HappyWave:

Pics look good so far.....:plastered:

rockhopper
04-18-2009, 12:22 PM
I bet they catch some pretty mean fish!

storminsteve
04-18-2009, 05:00 PM
:wow: Enough plugs to feed an army. Nice collection!

bababooey
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
Meaty beaty big and bouncy, sweet work! :thumbsup:

Monty
04-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Here are a few more:

voyager35
04-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Meaty beaty big and bouncy, sweet work! :thumbsup:

That brings back memories. Fan of the Who, bababooey? I like the uniqueness of the ripplugger line, they certainly are thick.

Monty
04-19-2009, 08:50 PM
Some single pics:

stripercrazy
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
How many coats of clear does he use? It looks like you could toss those babies against a brick wall with nary a scratch. :blackeye: :D

Rip-Plugger
04-20-2009, 12:40 AM
How many coats of clear does he use? It looks like you could toss those babies against a brick wall with nary a scratch. :blackeye: :D

Howdt SC,

I actually use 2,the first is a thin coat then I use a thick coat for the second.
despite how tough epoxy is it does chip kinda easy if the coats are too thick.
sometimes the finish is not 100% after 2 coats then I scuff the surface with a sanding sponge then try again with some heat.
it usually does work the third time.

I have some shots to send to Mont,some that no one has seen. I'll also share my "oddities" shots too,some really cool Fat baby P-Knutts for sure and all of them swim!

R-P

cowherder
04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I have some shots to send to Mont,some that no one has seen. I'll also share my "oddities" shots too,some really cool Fat baby P-Knutts for sure and all of them swim!

R-P

Yes, very sweet pluggage, share those too please. :dribble:

Monty
04-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Here is one of my favorites.
Caught a few bass last year on it and the teaser in front of it.

Great threesome here.

surfstix1963
04-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Thats the way I like them fat,short and heavy (the plugs I mean)Nice work hows that catalog coming RP LOL.

ledhead36
04-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Thats the way I like them fat,short and heavy (the plugs I mean)Nice work hows that catalog coming RP LOL.

Hey there's nothing wrong with fat bottomed girls, whether it's women, plugs, or big bass. Sweet work rp.:thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
04-21-2009, 05:34 PM

stix,

you just keep pushin' right?

R-P

Rip-Plugger
04-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey there's nothing wrong with fat bottomed girls, whether it's women, plugs, or big bass. Sweet work rp.:thumbsup:

yeah LH-36,thats right.

actually my taste is a very wide margin.a woman can be thin and sexy to me,depends on how she's put together.most thin women have nothing to sit on and I needs a butt!
just have to be sexy thats all.curves and some meat is always ok,just ask Beyonce or her backup dancers.

R-P

Monty
04-21-2009, 08:17 PM
1-medium Rip-Runner,7 inches
2-modified fat mullet 6 inches
3-5.5 inch Rip-Splitter

1-modified rip-runner,red over yellow 7 inch.
2-modified rip-runner black over tan 10 inches.
3-hybrid super fat mullet/rip-runner 6 inches,Easterbus

1-super[slim]rip-runner,solid silver 8 inches
2-medium shovelhead,7 inches,red over yellow.
3-medium rip-runner black overgreen,7-1/2 inches black over spring green.

Monty
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
I can't wait to get these wet:naughty:

DarkSkies
04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
" Gotta get a bigger surf bag"

Monty, I think there's a 12 step program for plug addiction, just like for AA. The meetings are held the 1st of the month, I think they have them at Cape May, Sandy Hook, Demo, and Montauk.

I'll be glad to take ya to one. The way it works is you bring all your excess plugs that are bustin that bag open, and let me personally select the ones you could do without. I'll hold them for safekeeping, and you'll gradually get better. Hey, it might hurt, but it's toughlove, someone's gotta do it! :D ;)

You're doing a great job on those plug shots, you have them set up to really showcase them. Make sure you post Rip-Plugger's e-mail so anyone can ask him about the plugs, not just the members here. :thumbsup:

Monty
05-02-2009, 12:02 AM
As the action has heated up down here, here are some more of Rip-Pluggers Pluggage:

Modified humpback fat mullet,6 inches surface swimmer/dives to about 2 feet

1-young shovelhead,black/cobalt,7 inches,approx 3 oz,silver accents.
2-the humpster,red over yellow,6 inches approx 2.5 oz,silver accents
3-pikie[my version] 7.5 inches,black/custom mixed chartreuse,silver
accents.

1-slim rip-runner,7 inches,yellow/lavender,silver sparkles.
2-heavy duty rip-runner,limetreuse/gold sparkles.

CharlieTuna
05-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Those are some sweet plugs. I like the humpback fat mullet.:drool:
Nice work RP.

nitestrikes
05-03-2009, 06:36 PM
You guys did a very nice job putting these up, sweet looking work! I might suggest, if it's not too much trouble, to put some prices up with the posts. I maight e-mail some of the pics or stripers and anglers links to some of my friends, and it might make it easier for them to decide with the pricing info attached. Otherwise, great job.:thumbsup:

Monty
05-04-2009, 11:51 PM
Fat stubby P-knutts

Monty
05-04-2009, 11:53 PM
The Tagpole

Monty
05-05-2009, 09:13 PM
1-The Waggler,6.5 inches,lemon/lime,maybe 2.5 oz.,gold accents

2-The longshot,orange/yellow about 2.5 oz,8 inches,gold accents

Monty
05-09-2009, 07:43 PM

williehookem
05-10-2009, 11:40 PM
You guys did a very nice job putting these up, sweet looking work! I might suggest, if it's not too much trouble, to put some prices up with the posts. I maight e-mail some of the pics or stripers and anglers links to some of my friends, and it might make it easier for them to decide with the pricing info attached. Otherwise, great job.:thumbsup:

X2 on posting the pricing info, if it's not too much trouble, Monty or RipPlugger. Sweet work. :clapping:

Rip-Plugger
05-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi folks,

when I get what I want to sell all put together,where would you guys like them posted,in the sell forum or here??
I am about to put this together so a few will get out to you guys.

R-P

DarkSkies
05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Ya mean R-P will finally have a catalog? :bigeyes: :clapping: :drool: :headbang::wheeeee: :wheeeee: :dribble:

This is as momentous as the day Noah's ark was built!

Surfstix1963 will be so overwhelmed he might fall down laughing and hurt himself. :plastered:

This is a little more laid back than other places, R-P. ;)
Why not have it in 2 places?

I thought you might put the plugs you want to sell, and the pricing, here:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

because that's where the other Custom stuff is listed, so it makes sense.

You can also maintain this thread here to talk about your plugs, any changes, new plugs you're working on, big bottomed girls :laugh:, etc, etc.

Whatever ideas and thoughts that run through your head, and you want to talk about, or maybe here you can talk about WHY you made certain plugs the way you did, and whatever else you feel like sharing with us. It's all good. :D That way people get 2 chances to see your work showcased.

Does that seem simple enough? If not, set it up any way you want, whatever makes the most sense to you. :thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok Darkskies,

I'll have them in both places.
let me be clear,I am not going to flood the site with stuff,I will put up stuff to sell as I decide what I wish to sell.
most of what you see is in my bag or stuff Monty has bought as well as any I have given or traded or as a gift to him.
all can be sure that there will be stuff posted regularly and also for sale.

another point I feel is important is this,if someone buys a piece of mine,please,don't be greedy and jump at the next one you find for sale,lets spread it around some others here can get one.
I would hate to see this great site become a free for all like another site some of us know.
Ok M8's,,

oh yeah,Surfstix1963,,ya had to start that catalog stuff huh?

stay well,Rip-Plugger

bababooey
05-14-2009, 12:51 PM
yeah LH-36,thats right.

actually my taste is a very wide margin.a woman can be thin and sexy to me,depends on how she's put together.most thin women have nothing to sit on and I needs a butt!
just have to be sexy thats all.curves and some meat is always ok,just ask Beyonce or her backup dancers.

R-P

Is this what you are talking about, rp?:D
Ld3J3XUaEIw

Beautiful pics so far.:thumbsup:

Monty
05-16-2009, 11:34 AM
This is the first Rip-Plugger Plug that I caught a striper on (last year).
He is selling one here.
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3916

1-5 inch Rip-Splitter in yellow/gold sparkles.
Dives to about 4 feet,1 oz.

DarkSkies
05-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Monty had a couple of these in his bag when I ran into him the other night. It's one thing to see it in a pic, but another to see it and look at how huge these plugs are. :wow:

It was the first time I had seen any of R-P's stuff and really looked at it. The initial thing that impressed me was the weight. He makes some heavy plugs, and some lighter, but the biggest ones were crowding the slots in Monty's bag. There was no room for more than one in each slot.

These plugs look to me like they will present a big fat profile to a hungry bass. Paint jobs are nice and beautiful to comment about, but the bass are looking at the profile from the bottom. Thick is good when big bait is around. :thumbsup:

As I mentioned, I haven't fished them yet, but Monty is lucky enough to fish them all the time. I have to ho or buy one of them next time, and really fish it hard so I can report more.

They do look like they're quality made, the lines are clean and straight. More importantly, they look like they will dig in in deeper water.

When you fish inlets or deep current, the fish don't live or eat on the top unless there are specific concentrations of bait running through.

I think Leon talked today about keeping the presentation in the strike zone where the fish live. That's a big part of fishin, figuring out what part of the water column fish will be at for different situations.

Monty
05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Here:
http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82

1-Super Rip-Runner,8 inch,4 oz. approx. gives a big bait profile and moves
a ton of water with a big waggle.
1-Rip-Shaver,7.5 inch, red/white, approx 2 oz. has a diving
waggle,surface-6 feet.
$16.00 shipping included.
1-Saltwater Dace,Honey/mustard,approx 3-3/4 oz,7-1/8 inches, good for casting or dragging, great to drag behind your boat, green eyes, has a nice waggle no roll.

Monty
05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
A few fish Rip-Plugger has caught recently on his plugs.

DarkSkies
06-26-2009, 06:12 PM
A few fish Rip-Plugger has caught recently on his plugs.

...And I'm lucky enough to have scored some of those exact same plugs! :lookhappy: :bigeyes: :drool:

I gotta be candid about these plugs. When I first saw he was going to sell them, I had all sorts of ideas about how he could paint them "better".

I honestly didn't like the way they looked in the pics, and thought potential buyers might be swayed because they didn't have the razor sharp airbrush transitions and some of the styles that some of the other builders are putting out.

I know, as a fisherman, that that stuff doesn't matter to the fish. They don't care, they only know if they want to eat it by the profile in the water, and how it moves, not whether it has "scales" or not! :kooky:

But I was thinking about the marketing of these plugs, and how other fishermen would perceive them, based upon the paint.

After handling them, bashing them against some rocks, and seeing the durable epoxy (or Createx?) he uses as the last coat, I'm liking them more and more. I like the way theycast, the way they swim, and hope to be using them when I can fish them in current to get down to where the fish are. Just fished them a few casts today, but I like all 3.

Hope to get back to you guys soon with a report of me catching a fish on one. Until then, they get :thumbsup::thumbsup: for design, and movement in the water.

Here's some pics before and after (he's selling them without hooks, which I think is a good thing for all plugbuilders to notice, as most guys change them out anyway.) I used Wolverine snap rings and Gami trebles. Next time I'll use bigger trebles, but that was all I had layin around and I wanted to fish them today.

DarkSkies
06-26-2009, 06:16 PM

DarkSkies
06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
last one. This one "waggles" like crazy, especially with the tail. The eyes in the head even have moving pupils, freaky!

Nitestrikes and the other guys who asked, I think he's selling these for the price range of $15-16 each. If you get a couple I think he pays for shipping. I think I sent him like $47 for these 3. Hope that helps.

Rip-Plugger
06-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Howdy DS,

glad they got there.I hope they are to your liking.
I just wanna clarify some facts.

the prices I ask for are directly related to how much work I put into them.
it can vary up to $20.00 or down to $10.00.
I make each one without the idea of selling it.if it does not tickle my fancy,I will put it up for sale.
I also have several that can come up for sale at anytime,some used and some only tested and hung up.
so,if you see it in my catalog thread then it's for sale.

some lures may be up for sale and be posted and if I know someone that wants it,I'll post the fact that it's has been sold.

DarkSkies,I hope you catch a winner with them,let me know when you get something on them,post it here K?

cheers
R-P

vpass
07-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Nice Plugs, I like that golden Mullet.:heart:

Monty
08-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Some new plugs for the fall.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jigfreak
08-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Sweet plugs, they look pretty solid.:drool:

surfstix1963
08-26-2009, 05:36 AM
I can't freakin believe I didn't see this post I knew you would have a catalog someday :clapping: gotta say I was laughing my A$$ off when I saw the post made me feel good for a change LOL.Plugs & fishing rods your becoming a one stop tackle shop separate catalogs eh?

DarkSkies
08-26-2009, 09:04 AM
Yeah surfstix, a lot of people might not know how famous R-P is getting. ;) Ray at Sting Ray tackle came to him for help and input designing a rod for surfcasters. I think he named it the Rip-Plugger line or something like that. Maybe if he's not too shy he or someone else who knows a bit more about the rods can come post up in here or another thread about them.

I heard he's gonna start charging for autographs soon, but ya get one for free if ya buy a rod....:laugh: :thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
08-26-2009, 09:04 PM
howdy guys,

well,the rods in questio[H-H series]n are based on xtra heavy rods one would use for salmon but,with saltwater guides and real cork handles along with graphite reel seats.
theres is also a big spinning stick to sling bait with.

the prototype is a true beast of a rod.
it is able to sling 8 plus a chunk to england.
there will also be lighter action rods that will be great for doing albies or slinging storm shads,bombers and such.
I am sure those that buy one will be smiling when they use it.prices will also make you smile too.

the downside is that late this year is when all should be ready for the water.
for those that like avet/accurate style reels there is the stingray tackle "Tigre",a one piece aluminium reel,cnc machined and will drown a whale if ya hook it,
also with lever drag.
the aqua reels,built for the salt AND have a baitrunner system are a great reel to fish,they cast great and are not expensive,they also are made with stainless gears and full of the good stuff we want!

when I get more info,I shall post it.
autographs are now on sale for $5.00 each,,,group discounts are availible!

R-P

surfstix1963
08-27-2009, 09:04 AM
$5.00 thats it your famous now,how much extra for a catalog LOL.Hey good luck with the rod line.

DarkSkies
08-27-2009, 10:48 AM
An icon in the surf community, a past history in the metal band Dark Angel, a current gig where he co-hosts a metal show every Sat night, now a line of HH surf rods in the pipeline..... pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door! :laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

cowherder
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door! :laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

Yes I can see it now, ripplugger's house on MTV's Cribs, and he will need an entourage when he travels around town. And we can say we knew of him before he became famous. You won't forget us when you make it in the big-time, will you ripplugger?:D

Frankiesurf
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Dude! You were in Dark Angel? That's awesome!

I fished with the guitar player from Suffocation once. He is a diehard surfcaster when not on tour.

Rip-Plugger
08-30-2009, 10:51 PM
An icon in the surf community, a past history in the metal band Dark Angel, a current gig where he co-hosts a metal show every Sat night, now a line of HH surf rods in the pipeline..... pretty soon this guy's head will be so big he can't fit through the door! :laugh: ;) :HappyWave:

Hello DS,

actually that band was not Dark Angel,it was Evil Angel,there were several others including Cursed,Black Dragon,Demon stone,Rancid,Flesh & Fire and Deciever.
those were bands I was part of and there were several times I was called to fill in for a member of other bands that was ill or too dammed drunk to do the show.
these bands were either thrash,black thrash or dark metal which is now called blackmetal.

it was a glorious time that lasted 11 years or so.
the best time of my life!

now I am low profile and like remaining in stealth mode.

R-P

Rip-Plugger
08-31-2009, 09:53 PM
Dude! You were in Dark Angel? That's awesome!

I fished with the guitar player from Suffocation once. He is a diehard surfcaster when not on tour.

suffocation has a fisherman ??,,they are among my fave bands,freaking fast and furious at the very least.

go to the BNR metal pages,there are some bands from back in the day that have new albums out,check out steeler,onslaught,Keel,accept and Tankard.
there are many othe as well.

cheers

DarkSkies
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
http://bnrmetal.com/ :viking::headbang: :banghead2:

DarkSkies
09-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Some more of Rip Plugger's work:

"this odd piece has an unusual shape.
if you view it head on,it's about 2-1/4 inches wide on top and as you go
towards the belly,it's tapered and rounded along the belly ridge,kinda
like those old ashphalt curbs in a parking lot.the snake inspired me on
this one so,I made a baby one 5 inches long too.
both wag very nice.'

Heavy-Hooksetter

DarkSkies
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Bigger and heavier

Catching a fish on it :fishing:

DarkSkies
09-06-2009, 03:54 PM
here is the big-1,,,,10 inches of wood!

DarkSkies
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM
this is Big Jake,8 inches of wood.
I remember someone on SOL saying that fish don't like red plugs,well, I knew they were wrong even then! :ROFLMAO
nice wag too,right on top.

Heavy-Hooksetter

baitstealer
09-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Nice work RP. How long have you been doing this?

Rip-Plugger
09-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Nice work RP. How long have you been doing this?

Hi Stealer,

this february it will be 2 years.
so far I have made about 200 plugs,all swimmers but 1.

I crossed designs,created some of my own designs and have had huge success with my pieces.
I took a long look at what these top names are making and I even bought a few to see what the BIG deal was.turnsout that there was no big deal.
as for color combos,I have some that are not accepted and I'll tell ya what,they really do work.
take a look at Monty and my thread called "glory daze,there are some shots of my wood at work.

cheers
R-P

jigfreak
09-18-2009, 08:32 AM
You do some awesome work RP. You seems to have perfected your craft in a relatively short period of time.

Monty
09-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Looking mighty good (and big).
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Rip-Plugger
09-24-2009, 09:14 PM
You do some awesome work RP. You seems to have perfected your craft in a relatively short period of time.

Thank you Jigfreak,

it has been relativly easy,so easy I was/am very surprised.
it really is not hard at all to make your own lures.
I wish more guys here made their own,I would love trading with other builders.

R-P/H-H

Frankiesurf
09-24-2009, 11:11 PM
All the more reason to check out Stripercoast Surfcasters. We have alot of builders and there is alot of wood being traded. We would love to have you over there.

Rip-Plugger
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
ya know,this world of ours is filled with shysters,thieves and many other folks we just don't or cannot trust.

I am quite proud to know that I am not one of them.
about 2 months ago,I was throwing Bob Hahn medium pikie in rudolph color.
I large gator bluefish slammed it and took off down current.
I was trying to hold on but,this fish used the current and took a lot of line out,I was already waay out so,i was working ard to try and keep things under control.
anyhow,the fish took me across a musselbed and cut me off.
this rudolph was my only one.

I checked or attempted to check out Bobs site to buy some but,it is not up yet.
I had his old email addy so,I wrote to him.
later I was contacted,about a month later by him.he made up 3 rudolphs for me right away.

I was happy to know that he went so far to make some for me.
his partner,Brenda contacted me asking for my address.I gave it and I asked or a price,I got it and all was well.
yesterday a package comes and it's from Bob Hahn!,,,he sent me the 3 rudolphs I ordered direct AND added a yellow/redhead surfster as a gift!
Bob and Brenda trust me enough to send my lures with no money and a gift as well!
Thats real trust and faith in a fellow angler.
It is a true honor to be so trusted and I feel grand knowing that someone I don't know personally would have that kind of faith in me with a large amount of trust as well.

who said there are not great people out there anymore?.
Bob and Brenda are truly grand people and I am honored that such an icon in fishing has this amount of faith and shared it with me,,,

Cheers
R-P

Frankiesurf
09-30-2009, 06:31 PM
I have bought a few from last year. When I ordered 4 he sent me 1 extra. Stand up guy.

Is the Rudolph his Pikie? If so I have one and love that freaking thing. Throw that puppy in a rip and feel it dig and wiggle.

Monty
09-30-2009, 09:30 PM
R-P,
Also had great experience with Bob when I bought a few of his plugs.
A real good guy.

DarkSkies
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
He just got finished painting these last night at 2am.

"all are RRPS Super-60's A 9 inches.
need the big stick for them."

Nice work, man! :thumbsup:

cowherder
01-16-2010, 11:25 AM
:dribble: 9" those are super monster plugs, I guess you would fish them mostly at the rips or the inlerts Ripplugger?

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9098&thumb=1&d=1262996006 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9098&d=1262996006)

Rip-Plugger
01-19-2010, 01:25 AM
The super-60 is a LARGE surface swimmer I designed for large fish,realistically above 50 pounds.
The concept of it is that such a large food item is probably going to be ignored by a smaller fish in the lesser range of size.
mind you,this is just my approach to targeting large only but,I am sure smaller fish will bash it.
It seems to me that unknown to nearly all of us that are pluggers the very true fact that our lure certainly passes by a large and is ignored by that large simply because said plug is small and may not "trigger" an attack responce.
My attitude towards this is to "show" these large a large piece that will fill them,one which is slow moving,fat and easy to attack/catch!
It is with no doubt at all that such a game plan in all respects should work.
that is the super-60,,,,,,

only this coming season shall tell,,,,

H-H

DarkSkies
01-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Most of the pro fishermen and charter guys know that a big piece of meat gets you the biggest fish. Rip-plugger is trying to prove that from a plug builder's point of view. Those are some FAT :drool: meals you created there Roddy, beautiful work! :clapping::clapping:

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 05:38 PM
I finally got a chance to D/L these pics he sent.

1-9 inch super-60
2-10 inch super-60
3-12 inch super-60,,tail courtesy of [Surfstix-1963]

RRPS[rip-runner pro series] made of white pine,hot epoxy sealed
wood,appox 4 oz.3 topcoats of clear
designed for surface wagging down to 1 foot.

Heavy-Hooksetter

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Some more big wood from Roddy/Rip-Plugger/Heavy Hooksetter :HappyWave:

1-9.5 inch Hound Dog[new,untested,white pine]
2-7 inch RRPS Super-40[surface-1 foot,poplar]
3-8 inch RRPS Super-50[surface-1 foot,poplar]

tails,courtesy of Surfstix-1963!

Heavy-Hooksetter

DarkSkies
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
There babies are frikken 12" long. :bigeyes: :viking:If ya wanna throw one, you should check the rating of your stick, or you'll be using that expensive stick as kindling for the next winter bonfire after it snaps in 2. :laugh:

Much better to throw these on a Conventional.

1-12 inch Hound Dog surface swimmer.[white pine]
2-12 inch RRPS Super-60 surface swimmer[poplar]

sealed with hot epoxy method.
custom tails,courtesy of Surfstix-1963.

Heavy-Hooksetter

surfstix1963
01-25-2010, 04:29 AM
I finally got a chance to D/L these pics he sent.

1-9 inch super-60
2-10 inch super-60
3-12 inch super-60,,tail courtesy of [Surfstix-1963]

RRPS[rip-runner pro series] made of white pine,hot epoxy sealed
wood,appox 4 oz.3 topcoats of clear
designed for surface wagging down to 1 foot.

Heavy-Hooksetter
I'm liking those 3 color schemes you got there.Especially those pearl paint jobs the herring is real nice too.

wish4fish
01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
There babies are frikken 12" long. :bigeyes: :viking:If ya wanna throw one, you should check the rating of your stick, or you'll be using that expensive stick as kindling for the next winter bonfire after it snaps in 2. :laugh:

Much better to throw these on a Conventional.

1-12 inch Hound Dog surface swimmer.[white pine]
2-12 inch RRPS Super-60 surface swimmer[poplar]

sealed with hot epoxy method.
custom tails,courtesy of Surfstix-1963.

Heavy-Hooksetter

ripplugger dude those are some monster plugs there, sweet!:dribble: :clapping:

Rip-Plugger
02-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm liking those 3 color schemes you got there.Especially those pearl paint jobs the herring is real nice too.

Glad you like them Stix,I just come up with a color combo and do it,so far just one I didn't like,that was chartreuse with deep purple stripe.
a foam brush can do wonders in good hands,it works for me so I will stick with it.
I have several ideas to ponder,they will show up here when they get done.
your tails add to it ya know,,,,,

R-P

Rip-Plugger
02-05-2010, 01:32 AM
ripplugger dude those are some monster plugs there, sweet!:dribble: :clapping:

yes sir W4F,I did VERY well last season on large wood,now i am going even bigger.one thing with such large wood,they KNOW it's there.
gonna sling 12 inches out there and work the rips,gotta hit at least one slob!

R-P

porgy75
02-07-2010, 01:38 PM
I saw those plugs in the other post. I don't know how they could get any bigger without needing an aircraft carrier to toss them out! nice work

Monty
02-10-2010, 08:26 PM
Horse Bunker

Frankiesurf
02-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Is that thing looking at me? It's freaking me out man.

Monty
02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Is that thing looking at me? It's freaking me out man.
How do you think I feel?
Watches every move I make when I am working on my fishing stuff :eek:

Monty
02-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Just put the hooks on this R-P Plug.
Reel nice plug!

Rip-Plugger
02-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Just put the hooks on this R-P Plug.
Reel nice plug!

Hmmmm,

Monty,you showin' off again?
nice piece ya got there,I hope ya get a 25 with it.

R-P

CharlieTuna
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Horse Bunker

Or a squid with an open sore.;)
Nice job.

Rip-Plugger
10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
oh yeah,lucy lawless,can I get a hell yeah?,,,,her partner is good too!

R-P