PDA

View Full Version : Your last fishin trip??

buckethead
04-15-2009, 10:24 PM
If money were not an issue where would you travel to to fish?

cowherder
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM
I would do a South America fishing trip. I would fish the rivers for pihrana and those big catfish they have down there, then I would go out on a charter and try to get some of those roosters and the other fish with teeth, jacks or something like that? I would try to catch them only with plugs, no bait! :D

jonthepain
04-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Bonefishing the flats of St. John

Striper blitz, Holgate NJ

Bluefish blitz, South Inlet, Topsail Island, NC or The Mast, LBI

Dunkin Bunker for Reds, Portsmouth Island, NC

I'd bring my three sons.

jimbob
04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Costa Rica for Roosterfish on poppers from the beach with my surf fishing mentor

Frankiesurf
04-18-2009, 07:14 AM
I was thinking the same thing Jimbob. That looks like a blast.

I would bring my wife because she always wanted to go to Costa Rica and my father who loves to fish. We would all be arguing the whole trip but at least I am catching fish.

wish4fish
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM
mexico surf trip with highplainsdrifter:drool:
HvWE-z3jMQ4

jimbob
04-18-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah, thats what I'm talking about! I just want a lighter rod and different music.

Frankiesurf
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
A lighter rod? I think you would have to bring a sleeping bag with you if you use light tackle. :laugh:

jimbob
04-19-2009, 07:01 PM
A little lighter, maybe a fly rod

vpass
04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Florida Keys, Flyfishing for Tarpon, and Bonefish. South America for Peacock Bass with my old fishing buddys.

surfwalker
04-21-2009, 08:02 PM
My last trip- wow- I really don't even want to think about a last trip, but-
-I'm not that old, but the body of a twenty year old (no clicking shoulders, enough breath to do the walk without stopping 10 times)- I'll take that.
-My species, for me naturally would be the Striped Bass, always has.
-Where to- just follow the east coast migration north and south.
-Money no object- I'll take a good dependable vehicle/with driver(Hooters girl preferred), places to crash along the way and plenty of eats.
-Who- an old salt, 12 years my senior, taught me, brought me, laughed with me (at me) through the years. And someone 25 years my junior, who has the know how and experience well beyond his years, a pleasure to watch catch, while everyone is just having a "Beautiful Night".
All the preceding posts sound exciting as hell, but I wouldn't be any fun, my head would be wondering about what's going on at the beaches I walk.
Come on now, there really isn't going to be a last trip, is there, tell me the truth.

katiefishes
04-21-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok a girl's response. First I'd go shopping to buy shoes and handbags. Then maybe stop at a tackleshop and buy my guy:heart: a new set up to remember me by. I would end up at the beach with a rod in my hand trying to catch the biggest striper of my lifetime.

DarkSkies
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
My last trip- wow- I really don't even want to think about a last trip, but-
-I'm not that old, but the body of a twenty year old (no clicking shoulders, enough breath to do the walk without stopping 10 times)- I'll take that.
-My species, for me naturally would be the Striped Bass, always has.
-Where to- just follow the east coast migration north and south.
-Money no object- I'll take a good dependable vehicle/with driver(Hooters girl preferred), places to crash along the way and plenty of eats.
-Who- an old salt, 12 years my senior, taught me, brought me, laughed with me (at me) through the years. And someone 25 years my junior, who has the know how and experience well beyond his years, a pleasure to watch catch, while everyone is just having a "Beautiful Night".
All the preceding posts sound exciting as hell, but I wouldn't be any fun, my head would be wondering about what's going on at the beaches I walk.
Come on now, there really isn't going to be a last trip, is there, tell me the truth.

We don't think about a "last trip" and for many they don't have a chance because they die in the middle of the night, or fall victim to an illness that prevents them from ever going near the water again.

The inspiration for this thread was when I was doing the research for OldBridge/Laurence Harbor. I was taking pics when a younger girl drove her handicapped Dad down to the water, just so he could look at it. He looked to me like he would like to have been fishing, as he was intently watching the guys coming back from fishin.

So I thought of him, and others who love to fish, and how it would be if we couldn't fish anymore. I don't know about people here, but I take fishin for granted sometimes. I always figure I can get out there tomorrow, I think I can always count on tomorrow. And then I thought, well some people can't, so I set up this thread to collect some of our thoughts. Great thread so far, some amazing perspectives here. :thumbsup:

Surfwalker... epic trip, man, a combination of the old blood and the new blood, how could you go wrong? Very descriptive. :clapping:

Ok a girl's response. First I'd go shopping to buy shoes and handbags. Then maybe stop at a tackleshop and buy my guy:heart: a new set up to remember me by. I would end up at the beach with a rod in my hand trying to catch the biggest striper of my lifetime.

Sounds like a plan Katie, I laughed when I read about the shopping trip, but it was touching that for your last trip you would unselfishly think of your guy as well. :thumbsup:

captnemo
06-20-2009, 05:20 PM
I would like to fish the Amazon, and try to get as many exotic species as I can. I think that would be an interesting trip.

crosseyedbass
07-17-2009, 08:31 PM
South America. I heard of a place called Patagonia, but I have never been there. Supposed to be incredible fishing there.:fishing:

gjb1969
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
well i would just fish in my home state were i have lots of good memories and i have had many good times and ifs all over i dont have to get a bite just being out is all i need and i would go home with a smile on my face so thats all i would need for my last trip nothing special no need to go all over the world home is all i need :heart::heart:

plugginpete
11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
well i would just fish in my home state were i have lots of good memories and i have had many good times and ifs all over i dont have to get a bite just being out is all i need and i would go home with a smile on my face so thats all i would need for my last trip nothing special no need to go all over the world home is all i need :heart::heart:

I agree with gjb. I have too many fond memories of fishing on my home turf. I would think nothing of making my last trip to my old honey holes.

rockhopper
12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I would like to try for a tarpon over 100lbs in Florida.:dribble:

storminsteve
08-27-2013, 06:12 PM
I know it costs a bundle to travel down under but after jbarbose posted this I'm pumped and want to go there someday.
Quobba, Western Australia:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKB1pwW-Agc#t=18

basshunter
08-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Awesome footage.

plugcrazy
03-28-2016, 12:21 PM
I know it costs a bundle to travel down under but after jbarbose posted this I'm pumped and want to go there someday.
Quobba, Western Australia:drool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKB1pwW-Agc#t=18

That sounds wild I'm in!