PDA

View Full Version : Assault and battery with a fish?

7deadlyplugs
04-21-2009, 01:27 PM
What's next, arresting people for offensive comments about bearded clams?:kooky:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/weird/Florida_Fisherman_Arrested_for_Assaulting_Man_With _Fish_All__National_.html

This is the lamest excuse for arresting a fisherman I have ever heard of. The boat under the bridge had a hundred places to fish. The guy on the bridge only had a few. Just because you have a boat you can go wherever you want, even if someone else was there first. That sux!:burn:

pescador29
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
i fish from the bridges and i move when someone is there. that guy was on the bridge first before the boat and he should not be arrested. stupidos

jonthepain
04-22-2009, 09:05 AM
This is the lamest excuse for arresting a fisherman I have ever heard of.

yup, that's a fluke alright.

i never did understand why boats will fish right in our faces; they can go anywhere. it happens to me quite often.

but then again, i've had surf fishermen cross my line i don't know how many times, when they've got miles of beach to fish, but decide to fish right where i'm at.

go figure.

wish4fish
04-22-2009, 10:25 AM
i fish bridges and the boats come up and say it doesn't matter yur not supposed to be fishing the bridge anyway. one time i almost got into it with a guy and his chick he nailed my line. he was talking all bad in front of his ***** but he was a ***** if he was by himself he would not have said ****:2flip:

jonthepain
04-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Maybe we should keep a reel spooled up with some old heavy braid with us. quick change out reels, cast over their prop w/ 2oz bank sinker when they're not looking, let play out, cut line, put regular reel back on.

nitestrikes
04-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Maybe we should keep a reel spooled up with some old heavy braid with us. quick change out reels, cast over their prop w/ 2oz bank sinker when they're not looking, let play out, cut line, put regular reel back on.

That's a slick idea, I like that. No assault charges because it wasn't a direct hit, and they spend hours at the marina getting the braid out of their prop, and relubing. That should be part of a book titled "Don't get mad get even!" :thumbsup:

jonthepain
04-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I guess I'm not as nice a guy as I thought I was.

bababooey
04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Why can't we all just get along?:laugh: