PDA

View Full Version : casting and spinning reels

porgy75
04-28-2009, 10:13 AM
I want to buy a new reel for the surf. Should I get a casting or spinning reel? I am assuming that spinning reels for only for if you plug and baitcasting are for live bait like clams.

gjb1969
04-28-2009, 12:16 PM
no not true u can use eather reel what are u useing now its all abought what u like spinning or casting good luck:fishing:

Rip-Plugger
05-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Porgy75,

thats not true at all,I gave up twisters years ago for winches,I wanted more distance along with more capacity[mono] in a smaller package and thats why I switched.

you can do either one it depends on you,if you want or not.

R-P

Monty
05-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Do you have conventional and spin casting rods? If not you need to have a rod for the reel you choose. Otherwise you should choose a reel based upon what you are looking to acomplish and that fits how you fish. I tried fishing with winches and decided I liked spinning reels more.

porgy75
05-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. Sometimes us newbies really don't know much of anything. I love the site and appreciate all the sharing.

Rip-Plugger
05-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. Sometimes us newbies really don't know much of anything. I love the site and appreciate all the sharing.

no problem porgy,we aims tuh help!

R-P