PDA

View Full Version : Bluefish bonanza

asbury guy
04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
All day yesterday they were in their usual firt stop spot and all afternoon today they were there. I had 14 in a row. Total was 32 and then it got booring. Go get them becouse they make great tomato plant fertilizer.

asbury guy
04-29-2009, 04:30 PM
They were eating baby bass so don't forget you can kill 15 each day.

storminsteve
04-29-2009, 08:36 PM
I heard that there a lots of blues around. 14 in a row is pretty wild, but I guess it could get boring. What were you catching them on?

gjb1969
04-29-2009, 10:23 PM
i will have to wait till they get up north a bit working part time kills my fishing cant go to far:beatin:

seamonkey
04-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Yea, work really puts a damper on the fishing lately. Stripers are preferred but blues will do me just fine.

bababooey
04-30-2009, 06:26 PM
There were a lot of blues on the flats today.:eek:

buckethead
04-30-2009, 07:38 PM
They do put up a good fight.

baitstealer
05-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Have things calmed down with the blues or are they still in abundance?

gjb1969
05-25-2009, 10:19 AM
i was thinking the same thing it go so slow i need to find some fish i will take some blues i just want to feel a pull on my line tite lines and good fishin to all :fishing:

DarkSkies
05-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Baitstealer and G, Jamaica bay is still a bluefish heaven, I gotta go there one night next week just for the monster bluefish action. We're in a point now where the ocean beaches of NJ are giving up mostly bass, and the action is incredible. Makes it kinda easy for people to forget about bluefish and focus on the bass. I still love the fight of a big bluefish, and will drive 40 or 60 miles to find them. :heart:

DarkSkies
04-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Thought some of ya's would like to see how the bluefish pattern was 3 years ago, thanks to AsburyGuy for the original post. :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
11-19-2013, 08:29 AM
^^ Another trip down memory lane.....

There have been some bluefish showing up in the Monmouth and Ocean county surf in the last week or so....
These are bigger bluefish and IMO worth chasing after.....

The story of the bluefish that almost pulled the guy to England......11-16-13

I was out this past Saturday in the daytime, a rare occurence....:)
At one beach the action was scattered...but some big blues had been coming in and feeding on the rainfish and sand eels....

The action was very slow....but you can't catch these fish sitting on the couch,,,and a lot of us were out there giving it our best....

One of the surfcasters hooked up...it was apparent he was into a bigger fish....from the way it was pulling drag some of us assumed it might be a nice bass........

He was fighting the fish for about 5 minutes....I was wondering what was taking him so long.,..it had to have been a nicer fish, and curiosity got the better of me as I started to watch him fight the fish, wondering what it could be....:huh:

DarkSkies
11-19-2013, 08:39 AM
We were at low tide stage when the fish started feeding....
As he fought his fish, it was so low he was able to move out past the front of the jetty.....

He was maneuvering to do this, and got into some difficulty as he was wading in a surf with a strong S-N sweep......
I was watching him as he suddenly lost his footing and fell down.....

** I'll come back and fill this in when I get time....
This time with pics.....and no worries, it has a happy ending....:HappyWave: