PDA

View Full Version : Big Girl Taken,,

Rip-Plugger
05-03-2009, 10:25 AM
word on the creek is that a big girl all of 52 pounds was taken on bait somewhere[hudson river] between croton point and tappan Zee bridge from a boat.

anyone find any pix of this one?,,post it if you do K?

R-P

vpass
05-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Cool, I hope she got to a chance to drop here eggs. I guess thats were the big fish are at the moment.:drool:

Monty
05-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Here is a link to the article (and a picture of the boat caught fish),.
Says he does not know what he will do with the fish. She had not dropped her eggs.
http://m.lohud.com/news.jsp?key=238914&rc=wc

nitestrikes
05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
:wow:Beautiful fish! Thanks for the link Monty.

cowherder
05-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Wow! So that's what a big girl looks like!!:eek:

RJC
05-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Mark Sofranko fishes a Parker out of the Croton Y.C. and spends a lot of time on the water. This fish is the third largest caught in the Hudson River. Biggest fish reported this year. A 46 inch fish was taken a week ago near the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. No striped bass spawning has been reported this seas as of today in the upper Hudson.

I'd hazard to guess that this 48.5-inch fish had recently entered the Hudson and was making her way up river to the freshwater tidal section that begins about the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge of I-84. Most guys in this are of the river fish bunker from boats for big striped bass. Mr. Sofranko was fishing on the night of May 3 when he hooked her.

jimbob
05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
I found this on another site

http://www.noreast.com/discussion/postImages/153293.jpg

pescador29
05-04-2009, 04:19 PM
that is a big monster I don't know what I would do if I ever got a fish that big!!:eek:

stripercrazy
05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
Another big girl, this came from another site, caught in the Hudson:drool:

"As we were at the dock yesterday, I hear a friend of mine yelling "Jay, JAY" from the boat, "You gotta scale"???...........Ofcourse I have a scale......Me being the wise a$$ I am "Just hold it up, and I will tell you how big it is"............

Well he held it it up and to make a long story short..........50 inches.....50.2 lbs. Unbelievable fish!! Beautiful...

So needless to say, we didnt get any that big, but so far this season we have put 73 liners in the boat......

The big girls are here.......heading out now.....

Later dudes."

katiefishes
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
That fish is amazing! I wish I could catch one like that.

Rip-Plugger
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Cool, I hope she got to a chance to drop here eggs. I guess thats were the big fish are at the moment.:drool:

vpass,I wonder if they thought of documenting and releasing the fish,pix,weighing with a witness ect.
i'm willing to bet theres a 70+ in that river now.

R-P