PDA

View Full Version : The short fish, wasted fish, and littering thread

DarkSkies
05-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Might as well bring thtis into the open too. Only a few guys do it, most of us are responsible.

I was talking to someone the other day who said it's a shame that people are taking too many fish, and then dumping them when they realize they don't want or need them, especially bluefish. I know bluefish "eat all the bass", but why leave it in the parking lot if you're not gonna eat it or give it to someone who will?

I took some pics of short filleted fish layin in the water at a municipal dock. I'll post them when I get a chance. Why, you might ask? To remind us that there is an ugly side to the fishing behavior of a few thoughtless people. It's out there, and we should say something about it every chance we get before we lose more access.

Meanwhile, anyone else has any pics that pertain to the title, let's see em.

VSdreams
05-05-2009, 03:27 PM
That's a great idea Dark. If people see the results of mindless fisherman, then maybe people will start stepping up to the plate and open their mouths about it. All we need is loss of more access.

Monty
05-05-2009, 07:48 PM
A couple pictures that were taken in the last week.

The first is in a parking lot.
The second on beach with no one in sight (dead slammers), soon to be caried out by the tide.
Next we will start seeing ead Sea robins littering the beach.

gjb1969
05-06-2009, 01:36 AM
man if i was there who ever got the blues but did not want them could have gave to me they would not have gone to waste i have people who like them its a shame :don't know why:

Monty
05-06-2009, 06:21 AM
Both instances, I just do not get it. What is going through these peoples minds? Very frustrating (if I said how I really feel about the people who do this I may be identified as a raving maniac on this site).

man if i was there who ever got the blues but did not want them could have gave to me they would not have gone to waste i have people who like them its a shame :don't know why:

surfwalker
05-06-2009, 06:50 AM
Monty, I don't get it either. How do you justify throwing any fish up on the sand and then leaving them there. The beaches where I walk are littered with skates and robins and garbage, why. Throw the stuff back in the water. From wha I have seen, the dirtiest beaches are mostly where the fishers are.

albiealert
05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Yup, skates are going to be next. You end up becoming so resentful. I feel sorry for the next guy I catch wasting these fish. :burn:

DarkSkies
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Some short fish hanging out at a municipal ramp in Jamaica Bay. I already called the DEC about this, seems this out of the way ramp gets little supervision.

Sometime I hear people dumping on the Spanish guys taking the shorts, but it should be known a Spanish guy pointed these out to me as we were bs'ing about the fishing in that area. He said he hopes the boat guys doing this get caught, as they do it regularly.

short bass underwater at municipal launch ramp

DarkSkies
05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
It's getting worse and worse, I'm starting to feel littering tickets should be raised to $500 to $1000 for the first offence, and vigorously prosecuted.

Word to the wise - if you bring a wife or girlfriend fishin with you, don't count on the porta-johns in some places, worse than a Clive Barker movie. :scared: :upck:

storminsteve
05-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Makes me sick to look at those pics.http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif
I remember this commercial from when I was a kid.
j7OHG7tHrNM

DarkSkies
06-26-2009, 05:07 PM

mick2360
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Last year I had a bit of a run in with a mate on a party boat who thought it was funny to impale dogfish on a knife and catapult them back into the water....in front of a couple of kids. I haven't been in a fistfight in many years. I was tempted that day.

DarkSkies
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm nicknaming these guys the TTR Crew, or Tsunami Turd Rangers. :2flip:

We ran into them the other night in the back in the rain when Rip and I were fishin, We gave them 100 feet of room. Even though they were killin the bluefish with tsunamis, we did ok with bucktails and needlefish.

When they left, they left this behind.. We cleaned up after them and took their trash away.

I didn't post this up to whine on the internet. If we knew they would have left that behind I would have said something right then. But as I said, we're always respectful and give the guys who were there first some room. We didn't see the trash they left until we worked our way to the water they were fishin after they left.

The thing that gets me is there's all this ranting on the internet about the pigs out there.. "It's the Mexicans", etc etc, any ethnic group that's convenient to scapegoat. :don't know why:

These were 2 white guys, in their 20's, wearing yellow rain coats and pants, with some decent gear. I don't know about you people out there, I'm not gonna let idiots like this ruin a spot for me by getting it shut down.

I pledge if I see these 2 jokers again they'll leave with that trash in their hands, or someplace else.....

I consider it my civic duty. Fishin is too important to me to let turds like that eff it up. :plastered:

rip316
04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
I was amazed when I saw the mess they left there Dark. Soda bottles and a few plastic bait bags it loked like. Just doesn't make any sense.

gjb1969
04-27-2010, 12:53 PM
not cool some guys are just stupid and some just dont care:burn:

surfstix1963
04-28-2010, 03:43 AM
When I had my truck camper and stayed at the Sore Thumb a certain ethnic crowd would leave garbage all over the first thing me,my wife and kids did as soon as we arrived was to clean up the garbage and I was bringing 55 gallon garbage bags and filling them.I tried talking to them they did not understand me or chose not to listen they had no beach permit they fished in shifts all day keeping shorts the women would take care of the kids throwing dirty diapers and garbage out on the beach just pissed me off and thats really not an easy thing to do.Since they would not listen and the police wouldn't do nothing when the women took the kids for a walk I plastered that dirty diaper on their windshield when they came back they just looked at me and I just stared w/ my hands in the air normally I would never do this but weekend after weekend I just plain had it.DEC wrote fines they don't show up in court there not even legal,park police didn't get involved, sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands.

DarkSkies
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
]...they fished in shifts all day keeping shorts the women would take care of the kids throwing dirty diapers and garbage out on the beach just pissed me off and thats really not an easy thing to do.Since they would not listen and the police wouldn't do nothing when the women took the kids for a walk I plastered that dirty diaper on their windshield when they came back they just looked at me and I just stared w/ my hands in the air normally[/COLOR] I would never do this but weekend after weekend I just plain had it.DEC wrote fines they don't show up in court there not even legal,park police didn't get involved, sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands.

Excellent post Surfstix, I would have loved to have seen that! :clapping::clapping: :thumbsup:

speedy
04-28-2010, 12:44 PM
if the meat heads get busted they should get a big fine then some service work now go clean it up . its not right . people just dont care like some do it is sad.

fishinmission78
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm nicknaming these guys the TTR Crew, or Tsunami Turd Rangers. :2flip:

I love it, call them the Tsunami Rump rangers or the Tsumani *** crew. I can't stand when people do that, then they are the biggest babies on the internet whining when spots are shut down. Next time you should throw them in the water, give them swimming lessons.

buckethead
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
It is something you see all the time. I wonder what their houses look like.