PDA

View Full Version : What plugs don't work?

rockhopper
05-12-2009, 05:00 PM
We all talk about the best lures or rigs. What is the one thing that you will never try again?

blitzhunter
05-13-2009, 09:15 AM
I have an old Creek Chub plug that belonged to dad. He loved it and he caught many fish with it. I can't even get a bump on it.

storminsteve
05-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I have an old Creek Chub plug that belonged to dad. He loved it and he caught many fish with it. I can't even get a bump on it.

Helicopter lures, they suck bigger than the strongest vacuum cleaner. Blitzhunter, I still have 2 helicopter lures, original packaging, etc. I would be glad to trade you for that Creek Chub, sight unseen. :D Let me know

albiealert
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
banjo minnowhttp://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.gif

cowherder
05-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Helicopter lures, they suck bigger than the strongest vacuum cleaner. Blitzhunter, I still have 2 helicopter lures, original packaging, etc. I would be glad to trade you for that Creek Chub, sight unseen. :D Let me know

Fair trade? :laugh:

jonthepain
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM

Ha Ha that's great. My wife caught that infomercial years ago - 12 maybe? - and was all excited when it came. She hid it for months and gave it to me with much fanfare on my birthday.

I honestly gave that junk way too much time and tries, just for her. I actually did pick up a largemouth or two on the plastic frog, but rigged on a real plastic worm hook, not the screw-in ones they supplied...

The guys in Sean O'Grady's Sports Bar used to play the instructional/inspirational video that came with it over and over again. Got roars of laughter after about midnight.

Yup, probably worst bait ever.:D

lostatsea
12-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I agree with storminsteve, the helicopters really suck!

williehookem
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Is it a metal lip swimmer? If so maybe you need to adjust the lip, and you will catch. To be honest, I'm not telling you what to do, but is your Dad still alive? It sounds like you're talking in the past tense. If so, maybe you would consider retiring that plug and putting it in a display case as a memory of your Dad. If a bluefish gets to it you could lose it forever. Just my .02

dogfish
06-24-2010, 11:05 AM
The pocket fisherman by Ronco, what a piece of crap!:embarassed:

paco33
06-24-2010, 12:12 PM
I agree dogfish, it was pretty cheesy.

Loved the commercial, though.;)
H2-VatcsCC8

surfstix1963
06-24-2010, 04:24 PM
I think for the most part they all have their conditions where they will produce but the only ones that truly don't work are the ones you don't learn to use properly.

johnnysaxatilis
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
ahhh i can never see these videos it drives me nuts, i know its easy someone help me out?

Gibbs pencil. freakin thing was soooo off center wanted to puke when i looked at it right after buying it and going to the beach. never again.:cool:

CharlieTuna
10-05-2010, 11:09 AM

I think if you put the banjo minnow on a heavy jig head and jigged it at the right depth it would work. Right out of the box, not so good, because the only time it would work is when fish are aggressively feeding near the surface.

ahhh i can never see these videos it drives me nuts, i know its easy someone help me out?
Gibbs pencil. freakin thing was soooo off center wanted to puke when i looked at it right after buying it and going to the beach. never again.:cool:

Johnny, you just click on the arrow on the video and it should work, no? Otherwise your browser might have an issue. Try Firefox if you are having a lot of problems.

As for the Gibbs, I think now that they are mass produced the quality has suffered. If you can find one 10 years or older, it will be better quality. Just my opinion.