PDA

View Full Version : Killer fish

stormchaser
04-11-2008, 02:18 PM
A SAVAGE fish that eats everything it comes across, including people, has been hooked by a British fisherman — sparking fears of a deadly invasion.

The giant snakehead, originating from South-East Asia, has a mouth crammed with teeth.
It’s deadly in the water, but it can also “crawl” on land and survive out of water for up to four days.

The discovery of the fish in Linconshire, northern England, has caused widespread panic amongst conservationists and anglers.

An Environment Agency source told the Sun (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article817553.ece): “The reaction was, ‘Oh s***’. This is the ultimate invasive species - if it starts breeding here it’s a disaster.”

Andy Alder caught the snakehead in the River Witham while using a sprat as bait for pike. He told the Sun: “It had a gob full of razor-sharp teeth. To be honest it looked terrifying.”

It is believed the fish may have been smuggled in for an aquarium and illegally released.

FinnsnGrinns
04-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I heard there were some caught in maryland

bababooey
04-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Man first thing I thought when I saw that was it had to be fake, scary **** to know some of those things are swimming around.:eek:

fishlipper
04-12-2008, 12:05 PM
definitely need a boga grip for that one...

cracklepopper
04-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Reminds me of those crazy congofish. Either way, I wouldn't swim in any river with those freaks of nature. :eek:

voyager35
04-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Think I would use a warn winch if targeting those congo fish.:D

clamchucker
04-12-2008, 08:03 PM
I would love to catch one of those congofish on a conventional with wire leader.

katiefishes
04-13-2008, 09:00 AM
I never knew fish had teeth that big. Are there any other types with the same freightening bite?

dogfish
04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
No, but had an old girlfriend that looked a little like that, good thing I slowed down on the drinkin. :D