PDA

View Full Version : Ocean and sky at it's best

porgy75
05-16-2009, 03:54 PM
What do you love best about being out at the ocean? I like the shooting stars, and the high waves just before a storm.

surfwalker
05-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I enjoy those things you said porgy, and more. I enjoy the solo walks, the solitude, the peacefulness. The thoughts and memories that just start to play in your head. The sunrises on a clear morning and the reflection on the Twin Towers that once stood, used to be like a second sunrise. I just enjoy being at the edge, observing. I may walk alone, but I'm never lonely.

Happy Trails

katiefishes
05-17-2009, 07:30 AM
I enjoy those things you said porgy, and more. I enjoy the solo walks, the solitude, the peacefulness. The thoughts and memories that just start to play in your head. The sunrises on a clear morning and the reflection on the Twin Towers that once stood, used to be like a second sunrise. I just enjoy being at the edge, observing. I may walk alone, but I'm never lonely.

Happy Trails

You should be a writer. What I enjoy more than anything else is the smell of the ocean. I can't really explain it but somehow it has this tremendous calming effect for me.

When I was going through that terrible divorce I went down to Ocean City MD to get away from it all. I only went for the day but I remember going out onto the beach and running with my arms stretched out, my eyes closed just smelling the incredible scent of the ocean. I ended up on my knees looking at the water just crying. The ocean has always been my place to go reflect.

I can take all of my sorrow there and all of my joy there. God truly has given us all a magnificent gift.:heart:

jonthepain
05-17-2009, 01:18 PM
I can take all of my sorrow there and all of my joy there. God truly has given us all a magnificent gift.

That's it right there. I feel closest to God when I am on the beach.

jimbob
05-17-2009, 01:33 PM
I like everything about going to the ocean. I diddn't even think of the smell but it is great. I like wading barefoot while I am fishing the ocean beach. I also like the wildlife, there are so many birds, Hawks, Ospreys, Oystercatchers, Herons, and Deer, Racoons, Foxes, Skunks, Rabits. Sunrises, Moonrises, meteor showers, the Milky Way. How about the fish Striped Bass, Bluefish, Weakfish.
Even baitfish Peanut Bunker, Sandeels, Spearing. I am sure I could go on forever, afterall isn't that why I am a surfcaster?

CharlieTuna
05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
You should be a writer. What I enjoy more than anything else is the smell of the ocean. I can't really explain it but somehow it has this tremendous calming effect for me.

....God truly has given us all a magnificent gift.:heart:

Yes he has Katie. No matter what is happening in my life, a walk along the ocean has a soothing effect. Well said.:thumbsup: