PDA

View Full Version : Should I go out?

katiefishes
05-21-2009, 08:16 AM
I am not a very good swimmer. My guy wants to take me out on the yak. Now I must confess I have been out on it several times. However, the more I think about it the more I feel as if I have no business being out there. If it tips over and I have my lifevest on I could float or swim a little. I am sure not for very long. So the question is should I be out there?

cowherder
05-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Have him teach you how to swim first?

fishinmission78
05-21-2009, 12:46 PM
So the question is should I be out there?

I give swimming lessons for kisses, but you have to pass the hottie test first.:naughty: Seriously, it won't be that bad if you have a decent pfd, pick a calm day, go out there, and have fun.:HappyWave:

voyager35
05-21-2009, 01:14 PM
Safety first Katie. You should go over some of the safety procedures with him, and ask him what the plan will be if you overturn. If he is a strong swimmer, I would suggest going to a shallow area at first, and maybe a lesson or 2 on the warm flat areas. If you are comfortable with his abilities and he is level-headed, go and have a good time. It sounds like you have some fear of the water. Getting over that fear would be a good short-term goal. Good luck.