PDA

View Full Version : Rally for Our Reefs!

NJ Reef Rescue
05-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Have you ever had your tackle snagged by fishing gear on the reefs?
Have you lost countless rigs drifting over the fish and lobster traps?
Have you ever had your anchor fouled in a pot line or watched the frustration of someone who has?

Have you had enough?

The U.S Fish and Wildlife Service says the artificial reefs were created for angling - so let’s remind Trenton in what may well be the largest rally by anglers in recent memory!

* June 26, 2009
* 6:30pm
* Clarks Landing Marina, 847 Arnold Avenue
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 08742
* Sandwiches, beverages and reef displays
* A $20 donation is requested

Come hear experts and legislators support your cause for access to the reefs! Come, enjoy the summer evening with good food, good friends, fellow anglers and divers.

Anglers have proven that they can make a difference... so come and Rally for Our Reefs!

Organized by the Greater Point Pleasant Charter Boat Association, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance and the Mako Mania Shark Tournament Committee

plugcrazy
05-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I just wanted to ask a question. The last time I remember something like this coming up before the lawmakers, I think the commercial guys had lobbyists, or something like that, so that the squashed the law? So maybe you can explain how a party and fund raising reception will defeat the commencial fishermen lobby, which seems pretty strong to me. No disrespect intended, I am just thinking how you plan to defeat these commercial guys when they won the last time with their well paid lobbyists?

NJ Reef Rescue
05-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Attend our rally and ask me at our table!

nitestrikes
05-22-2009, 12:50 PM
No disrespect intended, I am just thinking how you plan to defeat these commercial guys when they won the last time with their well paid lobbyists?

Attend our rally and ask me at our table!

So why can't you answer his question now, seems like a pretty simple question to me? :huh:

NJ Reef Rescue
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
So why can't you answer his question now, seems like a pretty simple question to me? :huh:
I am not that naive. Ask me at the rally.

wish4fish
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM

dude looks like an easy question to me too, sup with that? why the secret agent stuff, the birds are on the plain at midnite lol?:kooky:

njdiver
05-22-2009, 09:22 PM
dude looks like an easy question to me too, sup with that? why the secret agent stuff, the birds are on the plain at midnite lol?:kooky:
Attend the rally and find out!

stripermania
05-24-2009, 07:17 AM
Maybe we could send in $5 and get the answer.

williehookem
05-24-2009, 09:39 AM
We should all support this program. I hope to attend.

njdiver
05-24-2009, 10:36 AM
We should all support this program. I hope to attend.
Thank you, I will be there!