PDA

View Full Version : Boaters vs Surfcasters

fishlipper
06-21-2008, 12:46 PM
We all have to share the water, allegedly.:D Just thought I would post pics in cases where this doesn't seem to be happening. Bear in mind that it's difficult to tell from pics who got there first. But - maybe some of the people who need to need to learn a little more courtesy, boaters and surfcasters alike, will see themselves here, think about what happened that day, and try to give others a little more space next time.

Anyone else got any pics like that, put em up!

ledhead36
12-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Who is your favorite Bait and Tackle Shop?

Rip-Plugger
12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
My 1 and only bait shop is Dee's bait & tackle New Haven Ct.
the best guys you'd ever want to meet.

R-P

gjb1969
12-02-2008, 12:49 AM
dont have one i started buying in bulk so i dont need to go to a bait shop only thing the bt shops for is bait but will start buying that in bulk to:D

bababooey
12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Fishermans Supply in Point Pleasant.
The guys working there are not just out to take your money.

jonthepain
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM

dogfish
05-18-2009, 05:30 PM
I would rather poker in the rear, than worms in the rear.:naughty: Or you can go fishing and bail out your long lost uncle at the same time.:D

bababooey
05-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Giglio's just re-opened in NJ. It's a piece of fishing history. Stop in there if you get a chance, they could use the business.

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4017

bababooey
05-22-2009, 03:39 PM

It all depends on how you look at it Jon. :D

A man and his newlywed check into a mountain resort by a lake. The desk clerk notices the "Just Married" sign still on the car. As soon as the man gets the luggage out of the car, he hops in a boat to go fishing.

He is out all day, comes back for a quick supper, picks up his lantern and goes back out at night. This goes on for a couple of days when the man happens to stop by the desk. The clerk starts a conversation with the man and mentions his behavior.

"I know it's none of my business, but I was wondering why you weren't having sex with your new wife."

"Oh, I couldn't do that; she has gonorrhea."

"Well, what about anal sex?"

"Couldn't do that; she has diarrhea."

"There is always oral sex."

"Nope, she has pyorrhea."

"Wait a second. If she has gonorrhea, diarrhea, and pyorrhea, why did you marry her?"

"That's easy. She also has worms, and I love to fish!"

lostatsea
05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I was out surfcasting last weekend. One of my favorite spots had a lot of bunker jumping. Within a few minutes there were two boats close to the shore. What is the rule of thumb for boaters coming in close to the shore?

Monty
05-29-2009, 09:03 PM
My rule of thumb is:
I like this site a lot and there are people who fish from boats on it.
I do not want to upset anyone.

So I will just say, I wish most boaters would be considerate.

voyager35
05-29-2009, 10:17 PM
What makes us interesting as a site is that we voice our opinions without being a jacka-- about it. Everyone out there wants to catch fish. The boaters have a better advantage over the surfcasters. So in my opinion, it is a no brainer, don't go close to the shore. As Monty said be considerate.:kiss:

surfwalker
05-30-2009, 03:30 PM
We all get excited when pods of bunker are seen, by the boats or by the surfcasters. As stated above, be considerate, that's all I ask. I'm not gonna toss a metal at you or anything in my frustration when you scatter the bunks.
lostatsea- you were lucky, only two boats, today they were coming from all angles, north/south/east/west, after awhile it was comical, had to be at least 15-20 of 'em. I had to hold up my casts because they were in so close. I hate walking on the weekends after sunup.

BassBuddah
05-30-2009, 04:49 PM
We all get excited when pods of bunker are seen, by the boats or by the surfcasters. As stated above, be considerate, that's all I ask. I'm not gonna toss a metal at you or anything in my frustration when you scatter the bunks.
lostatsea- you were lucky, only two boats, today they were coming from all angles, north/south/east/west, after awhile it was comical, had to be at least 15-20 of 'em. I had to hold up my casts because they were in so close. I hate walking on the weekends after sunup.

And it won't get any better as the season progresses. You guys make great points. A little common courtesy goes a long way.:clapping:

rockhopper
11-06-2009, 10:03 PM
This is an ongoing issue between surfcasters and boaters. IMO the boater think they can go where ever they want, snag our lines and run through the schools running close to the shore line.

The ocean is a big place. They can go places we can not. One day their boats will no longer run and the surf will appeal to them. Only then will they change their tunes.

Monty
11-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I find the majority of fisherman in boats inconsiderate amongst other things. My opinion based on my experiences. Unreal the amount of stupidity the majority display (in lots of areas). JMHO based on my experience.

Monty
11-08-2009, 02:50 PM
So there are 30+ boats 600+ yards off the beach. Boats going north/south 600+ yards out. What is going on in the minds of the 5 boats today no more than 100 yards out with the beaches lined with surf casters. Even at 6:30, they saw me on the beach and still came within casting range. Still had a great time out there, but my gosh, you are so inconsiderate. Only thing I can think of is when the big guy was handing out brains, he had a few boats and for some reason he asked if anyone wanted a boat instead,

gjb1969
11-08-2009, 04:58 PM
well i am nice at first i will ask nice we tack turnes but if the boats keep messing me up all bets are off i have bin that way for ever if the guy in the boat got a problem iam not hard to find on the rocks 6 ft 240 +black guy who is looking fro the guy in the boat who messs me up( :argue::beatin:in that order if need be)