PDA

View Full Version : You know you have a fishing problem when...

DarkSkies
06-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Addiction has been part of my life, it's out there on the internet. If it feels good I was probably addicted to it.

I have been thinking about this "fishin problem" for a while, and some of the people I know are even worse.

So answer the sentence, "you know you have a fishin problem when....,'

.......when I looked around the car I had been living in for 2 days and it looked to me like a homeless person was living in there. :embarassed:

.......when I saw a homeless dude in the woods where I was fishin, and then lookid in the car's mirror, I didn't see much difference between him and me. ;)

skinner
06-05-2009, 05:48 PM
....... when you call in sick so many times you lose your job.

BassBuddah
06-05-2009, 07:15 PM
when you take the tags off the fishing gear you bought before you get in the house, or tell your wife or girlfriend you bought it used.

katiefishes
06-05-2009, 10:02 PM
---When the fish seems better than sex.:D

Rip-Plugger
06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
when your woman is ready and you tell her,Tide and time wait for no man,,

the tide won't wait,you'll be here when I come back,,,

R-P

Monty
06-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Notice that the car in front of you is bunker color.
Or that I notice the cats hair is almost long enough to tie bucktails with.

ledhead36
06-05-2009, 11:03 PM
When your wife is in labor at home and you go until she calls you.

surfwalker
06-07-2009, 07:45 PM
...you see a p/u truck with a rod rack on on the way to work, and you have second thoughts about-going to work.

...you've been out for x amount of hours and you just keep telling yourself "Just one more cast and then I'll leave".

...people ask why you get up so early to fish and you just growl.

...people ask you why you're so tan in January, same answer as above.

...people ask you why your one piece stick is always right next to your head while driving, "Did you go fishing?". My answer is "No a'hole, I'm just taking it for a ride".

...you're standing at the edge, wind NE 35mph, sand under your eyelids, and you're saying to yourself "Just one more cast", over and over again.

...you finally look back at all the things you neglected and now the time is too short to go back and do them.

wish4fish
06-07-2009, 08:26 PM
[quote=surfwalker;19711...people ask you why your one piece stick is always right next to your head while driving, "Did you go fishing?". My answer is "No a'hole, I'm just taking it for a ride".

[/quote]
:laugh:ha ha hardcore, dude im gonna use that one the next time some idjit asks me why i always carry a rod around!

clamchucker
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
When your wife is in labor at home and you go until she calls you.

When your wife divorces you over it. This happened to 3 of my friends, thank God not to me. The potential is there to neglect family and duties, just like an alcoholic who lets their life go to pieces.

dogfish
06-07-2009, 09:38 PM
When you stink like bunker so bad your wife makes you scrub your hands twice before she will let you in the bed.:embarassed:

bababooey
06-08-2009, 09:35 AM
When you stink like bunker so bad your wife makes you scrub your hands twice before she will let you in the bed.:embarassed:

When you washed your hands twice, and she still tells you it isn't good enough, you end up sleeping on the sofa anyway. :D

plugaholic
06-08-2009, 10:23 AM
When you go out for a fun weekend evening, to the movies or something like that. You tell your girlfriend to get in your car, and you will drive. She gets in, takes one whiff, and says "Honey let's take my car for tonight". :ROFLMAO:

bababooey
06-09-2009, 03:55 PM
when you take the tags off the fishing gear you bought before you get in the house, or tell your wife or girlfriend you bought it used.

Fisherman's prayer... Lord I pray to you that if I die before my wife, she does not sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it. :D

JakeF
06-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Just happened to me,,, again.

...you're sitting at your desk on a thursday afternoon and sand falls out of your ear.

mick2360
06-19-2009, 09:11 PM
No room in the trunk for anything but fishing gear.

Lures hanging from the clothes line.

3am calls from a bud telling you to get you *** out to the water.

crosseyedbass
07-15-2009, 11:31 AM
when your woman is ready and you tell her,Tide and time wait for no man,,

the tide won't wait,you'll be here when I come back,,,

R-P

No room in the trunk for anything but fishing gear.

Ha ha that's me too!:clapping:

finchaser
07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
been divorced since 1987 still single:lookhappy:and fishing with no regrets

bluesdude71
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Fisherman's prayer... Lord I pray to you that if I die before my wife, she does not sell my fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it. :D

http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon14.gif An oldie but goodie!

fishinmission78
03-17-2010, 02:29 PM
...you're standing at the edge, wind NE 35mph, sand under your eyelids, and you're saying to yourself "Just one more cast", over and over again.

...you finally look back at all the things you neglected and now the time is too short to go back and do them.

This makes me happy and bummed out at the same time. You seem like you have a lot of years put into it. For the 2nd sentence above I would ask you if tomorrow they told you that you had cancer, would you take any of your fishing days back, or would you be glad you went. my answer is I would be glad I spent the time fishing when i could.

surfwalker
03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
This makes me happy and bummed out at the same time. You seem like you have a lot of years put into it. For the 2nd sentence above I would ask you if tomorrow they told you that you had cancer, would you take any of your fishing days back, or would you be glad you went. my answer is I would be glad I spent the time fishing when i could.

I wouldn't take any of those days back, some great memories were made then, and are played in my mind over and over again. But we all have certain obligations that we are commited to and they should never be blown off, for any reason. I'm talking about taking those days back.

The key words in your post are, "when I could". They were never in my vocabulary, I just went.

The addiction was/is strong, but now the walks are chosen more carefully and hopefully more productive. The thrill never goes away for me.

jigfreak
03-26-2010, 09:26 PM
When you go out for a fun weekend evening, to the movies or something like that. You tell your girlfriend to get in your car, and you will drive. She gets in, takes one whiff, and says "Honey let's take my car for tonight". :ROFLMAO:

Eau de bunker or rotting clams, it's the latest fragrance.:d

ledhead36
03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
When you have multiples of all your lures.

dogfish
05-26-2010, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't take any of those days back, some great memories were made then, and are played in my mind over and over again. .

Amen

skinner
07-27-2010, 09:44 AM
When you have multiples of all your lures.

X2, and when you have enough rods and reels you wonder how you managed to accumulate them all when most surf fishermen 50 years ago had 2 or 3 basic setups for everything that swam in the wash.

7deadlyplugs
07-27-2010, 10:00 AM
When You go directly from fishing to work in the morning. Even though you changed your clothes your co-workers keep saying "who brought fish for lunch?"

VSdreams
09-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Eau de bunker or rotting clams, it's the latest fragrance.:d

:laugh: I love this thread, you should make it part of the "best of" of S&A.

Pebbles
09-09-2010, 07:43 PM
When you bring your other half out on a kayak in the rain.:beatin:

rip316
09-10-2010, 06:34 AM
hahaahahhahahahahahahaha.

Monty
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
:ROFLMAO:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jigfreak
11-02-2010, 08:48 PM

Doesn't love mean never having to say you're sorry? He apparently loves you enough to spend that time. Think of it as "quality time in the rain":rolleyes:

Here's mine - when you find yourself every month printing out the tide tables for all the bridges, inlets, and rips within 75 miles of your area, that might be a fishing problem.

Pebbles
11-02-2010, 10:04 PM
"Only on a good Day":d

DarkSkies
11-03-2010, 06:56 AM
^ One of Pebbles' famous phrases...Hey, I'm such a lucky guy, aren't I? :heart: :kiss: :lookhappy:

baitstealer
05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
When you are stuck at work on a rainy day and you are checking all the fishing reports on all the sites hoping they are finally catching something!

jigfreak
06-17-2011, 10:10 AM
When you go out at night, even with few prospects, just because you are hungering for that big fish. Keeps us coming back.