PDA

View Full Version : One for debate

rockhopper
06-11-2009, 08:30 PM
What is your opinion on this statement I overheard a fisherman say out in SI over the weekend?

"Any one who ownes a boat and can't catch a 40lb striper is an idiot!"

jimbob
06-11-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow, sounds pretty harsh to me. I don't consider myself to be an idiot so I should get a boat and go out into the middle of the bay and start catching 40 pounders. I'll let you know how it goes.

stripermania
06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Sounds to me as if the guy had one too many.:plastered:. Fishing is a sport of timing, knowledge, watchful eyes, and sometime luck. That is why they call it fishing and not catching.

storminsteve
06-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Fishing is a sport of timing, knowledge, watchful eyes, and sometime luck. That is why they call it fishing and not catching.

This is what I say to my wife each time I come home empty handed. :ROFLMAO:

bababooey
06-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I fish the surf sometimes, but most of my fishing is from my boat. I agree it's easier to maneuver on pods of bunker when they are active with fish under them. It's not that simple, though. When it is rough as anything I make the decision not to go, after having made plans and preparations. I envy the surf guys who can just pick up and go, and don't have to clean the boat after each trip. Of the times I reported here in the fishing reports, there have been many times we went out, spent $100 on fuel, gone all over to the prime areas, and come home with nothing to show for it but a sea robin. We have run into pods of bunker and big bass, and these are the times that stick out in my mind. The good times are much less than the days where we can't buy a clue.

ledhead36
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Just because you're in a boat doesn't mean that fish jump in. The only idiots in fishing are the poachers!