PDA

View Full Version : last cast

hookset
06-13-2009, 03:27 PM
When it's time to go and you say "Last Cast" how many more casts do you actually make before you go home?

surfwalker
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
When all the Advils I carry with me run out and the shoulder clicking is too much to bare.

Monty
06-13-2009, 06:32 PM
When I say last cast, it could mean up to 5 more. Then there is the problem if I am walking along the water and see water that looks good or see a swirl. Then the last cast statement is officially retracted. Then there are the times where the last cast results in a fish or strike. Has happened 1x this year so far and a few times last year. This also would retract the last cast declaration.

dogfish
06-13-2009, 06:42 PM
When all the Advils I carry with me run out and the shoulder clicking is too much to bare.

Yeah my shoulder bothers me too. Downsized to a lighter rod, burt put out a few hundred casts a night and I'm reaching for the advil. That's one reason I like to drift eels at night you should try it sometime.:D

When I say last cast, it could mean up to 5 more. Then there is the problem if I am walking along the water and see water that looks good or see a swirl. Then the last cast statement is officially retracted. Then there are the times where the last cast results in a fish or strike. Has happened 1x this year so far and a few times last year. This also would retract the last cast declaration.

Sounds like a lawyer writing a divorce settlement.;) Just kidding Monty I have trouble leaving if the water looks fishy to me. This is even harder if you didn't get a fish and convince yourself on the way back that's because of the places you didn't hit held them, so you have to try them "just once".:laugh:

ledhead36
07-10-2009, 06:55 PM
When I say last cast, it could mean up to 5 more. Then there is the problem if I am walking along the water and see water that looks good or see a swirl. Then the last cast statement is officially retracted.

Ha, have had this happen to me too. What it means is that you are an optimist.;)

Frankiesurf
07-11-2009, 09:08 AM
It happens to me too. I just figured I'm too stubborn or stupid or both, to know when to call it quits.

jonthepain
07-11-2009, 10:37 AM
What's funny is, is that I actually mean it when I say or think to myself, "last cast."

Cuz it almost never is.