PDA

View Full Version : 65 lb bass caught in NJ surf 6/12/09

bababooey
06-13-2009, 07:08 PM
This came from another site. The guy who reported it is Wurk2Fish, I think he might be a member here.
Looks like a fish of a lifetime to me, and the guy released it. He's a better man than me, congrats to StriperSteve on the catch and release. :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

The report and pics...

"Friday AM......somewhere on the Jersey Coasthttp://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/images/smilies/razz.gif My buddy StriperSteve got this one......a couple 44 in.'rs and a 45 in.'r the next morninghttp://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

This fish went 52-1/2 in. length by 31-1/2. in girth.....use the Fish Weight Formula and you come up with 65-1/4 LBS.http://www.thebassbarn.com/forum/images/smilies/bowdown.gif aprrox. weight!!!"

wish4fish
06-13-2009, 08:26 PM
that thing looks as long as 5 cases of beer, and just as fat! cow city fish of a lifetime, wtg, and :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: on the release!!!

hookset
06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
What a cow! Congrats on the catch!:clapping::clapping:

gjb1969
06-13-2009, 09:25 PM
all i can say is wow:wow::wow::wow:

vpass
06-14-2009, 09:58 AM
OMG,:wow: This is the year of the COW Bass.:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Stripercoast1
06-14-2009, 10:52 AM
V, there have been some super cows around for the last 3 or 4 years. I will not even go into last Junes new moon!
Reports of fish over 60 have been steadily increasing for the last few years.
My hat is definately off to the gentleman that released that fish!
The feeling you get when you see a fish that size swim away, after you've met her, can't be explained in words.

cowherder
06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
:clapping: Incredible, incredible fish! I will be happy if I just get a 50 one day, to me that is a lifetime goal. To catch a fish that big and then release her is the measure of a man who doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Congratulations Stripersteve!

amboyangler
06-15-2009, 07:18 PM
V, there have been some super cows around for the last 3 or 4 years. I will not even go into last Junes new moon!
Reports of fish over 60 have been steadily increasing for the last few years.
The feeling you get when you see a fish that size swim away, after you've met her, can't be explained in words.

So you are saying the best is yet to come/

lostatsea
06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
The catch...astounding!

The release...magnificent! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Way to go Stripersteve!

7deadlyplugs
06-16-2009, 02:12 PM
The catch...astounding!

The release...magnificent! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Way to go Stripersteve!

X2! :thumbsup:

jigfreak
06-16-2009, 02:51 PM
The feeling you get when you see a fish that size swim away, after you've met her, can't be explained in words. :clapping:

grats stripersteve on the fish of a lifetime!:clapping::clapping: