PDA

View Full Version : how many plugs?

skinner
06-15-2009, 11:13 AM
How many plugs would you say you have in your entire collection?

baitstealer
06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I say I have about 50. My wife say's it way too many. She will never understand!

Rip-Plugger
06-16-2009, 01:21 AM
last I counted I had 197 pieces,since then I have made many so that number could be as high as 250 now.
some[maybe 6] are so nice they are on my wall but most are for the water,,,

R-P

vpass
06-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I have about 30 Plugs. I just bought 6 Plugs 3 Metal lips, and a needle, and 2 Pencils. Looking to get a few more.:lookhappy:

VSdreams
06-16-2009, 03:14 PM
I have somewhere around 25-30. I don't like to count because then I will want more.:drool:

jimbob
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
I have hundreds, I have a big rubbermaid container full of plugs that are still in their packages. I use the same plugs al the time. I buy plugs when they are on sale or when something is working and I dont have one. over the years they pile up.

blitzhunter
06-16-2009, 08:27 PM
I have about 25. Jimbob, what does the wife say about all your plugs? I am :drool:over the amount you have.

jimbob
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
The wife doesn't care as long as I don't leave them in the living room. and I dont say anything about her shoes.

Stripercoast1
06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
Believe me when I tell you, you really don't want to know!
Between the accumilation of 40 years of plastics, and commercial wood, making my own, and trading with other builders, I have over 80 plano's filled for ready use. Most of the Plano's have at least 8 plugs, the deeper ones hold more. At least 15 large tubs, and buckets full of plugs needing rehooking. Then there's the sluggo's, Hogies, Got Strypers, and other assorted rubber as well.
I know I have at least 100 Rebels. If I could get into my old mans basement, I know he still has several cases of Gibbs and Atoms going back to the late 50's and through the early 80's, still in original packaging.
Jim, Some of my prettier stuff actually hangs from shelves in my living room because my wife, a former surf caster, likes to look at them.
Want to get into rods?

Stripercoast1
06-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Here's a picture of my plug bag after a few nights of fishing. The reason for the pile up on top of the bag, is, I change out my plugs for differant times, tides, light situations. The ones that come out of the bag to get replaced, usually end up on the floor at the back end of the Jeep. I will reorganize all of them into the plano's before going out next time, after getting rinsed in the sink. By the time I get through a trip, I've probably used 50 or more. The laundry basket holds all the planos. The Alice pack is what I use if the hump is going to be a long one, so I will put 3 full Plano's in it, along with the ones selected for the bag. I hate to get a mile or 2 from the truck and figure I left a plug I want in it.

bababooey
06-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Are those a couple of squid plugs in the bag, SC1?

Stripercoast1
06-18-2009, 08:59 PM
The one I think you are referring to, is a take on one of my designs, done by a friend. Yeah, it's targeting Bass feeding on squid and makes a hell of a commotion during a sunrise feed.