PDA

View Full Version : strengths and weaknesses

Pebbles
06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
When it comes to fishing what is your greatest strength and your greatest weakness?

surfwalker
06-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Interesting post, never really thought about it.
Greatest strength- I guess it would be for me my open mind while plugging. Changing of the plugs often, not getting stuck on the ones that have produced often but are now drawing blanks. Going against the rules on retrevals if the ones taught are not producing. Having a random routine of throwing, if the producers arn't working.
weakness- Easy, the attitude that I get when the walk is over and I'm back at the car, I've never had enough time at the wetline.

DarkSkies
06-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Strengths - not giving up too easily, sometimes this will help me to pull a fish when I keep moving to find them, or changing the presentation to find them, like surfwalker said.

Weakness - not giving up too easily. Sometimes the night is not happenin for fishin, and you're better off cutting your losses and going home. In the back of my mind I have learned to recognize that, but don't always want to accept it. :beatin:

bababooey
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
When it comes to fishing from a boat, my strengths are being able to read a compass and map. I learned along time ago not to rely on electronics, what if they fail? My weakness would be letting other things get in the way of fishing. It's not family or anything like that. Sometimes I procrastinate so that end up not going, and use an excuse like the weather was bad, etc. I know I should really get out more. Owning a boat, and the maintenance after a trip, can be a royal pain. :embarassed:

mick2360
06-24-2009, 06:24 AM
Strengths: Willing to put in the time and work a spot. As Dark pointed out, a strength can also become a weakness. I need to stick and move!

Weakness: Sometimes not willing to make the 2.5 hour drive I need to reach the salt. :embarassed:

lostatsea
06-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Strengths: finding bluefish! I can find bluefish anywhere if there is bait in the water.

Weaknesses: you know how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence? Well, I have "left the fish" to "find the fish" so many times, I think I must be a bad luck omen for the guys who go out fishing with me. And then when we go back to where the fish "were" they are not there! :beatin: :huh:

hookset
01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
I not too bad at reading the water anymore. There were a lot of good threads here about it.

My weakness is that I am too stubborn. I stay in one place too long hoping that "the fish will come in closer". I should learn to move on and find a better spot.

nitestrikes
01-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Strength, being able to find quiet spots that may only hold a nice bas or 2, but not many.
Weakness, being too lazy sometimes.

rip316
01-26-2010, 11:38 PM
My strength is my will. I may not be anywhere close to an expert but, my love for being outside on my boat or a beach and fishing with my family and hopefully some of you guys. No matter how tired I may be I want to go.

My weakness is the same thing. I get so beat up staying awake and driving and packing and walking and washing and baiting hooks that I do tend to get crabby. The only good thing about that is that everyone is pretty understanding so nothing is taken too personal.

Doublerunner
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
My greatest strength is my wife. If I didn't have her support I don't know that I could fish as much as I do

My greatest weakness is my lack of conditioning. If I am going to be able to continue to fish like I love to which is rock hopping then I am going to have to get in better shape

gjb1969
01-27-2010, 07:49 PM
my strenght i dont give up my weekness lack of funds and sometimes just cant get to fish as much as i want to :huh::beatin:

rip316
01-27-2010, 10:48 PM
I hear ya G about the funds man. Listen Bro, I usually have a quite a few trips where the family doesn't come out on the boat and Ill have room for a couple of guys. You and Dark will be getting phone calls trust me. Usually fish 4 comfortably and if everyone pitches in for bait and gas it isn't that expensive at all. especially if we drift for fluke in the river or anchor by the bridge at night for weakies and bass.