PDA

View Full Version : Is your equipment safe

baitstealer
06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I keep telling a buddy of mine not to leave his spare set-ups on the top of his vehicle while he is fishing. He is a newbie but doesn't want to hear it from me. Has anyone here ever have their gear stolen and would you leave it like he does?

surfstix1963
06-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Haven't had any of my gear ripped off I keep it inside my truck it is becoming more of a problem with the advanced reels and rods we use not to mention the price of plugs.If it takes me time to get another rod out of the truck oh well thats life.Do not leave your rods out unattended in parking lots this just gives them time to do what they want.

hookset
06-30-2009, 09:01 AM
I left a rod out on top of my truck once. I took about 15 minutes to scout out this place to fish, when I returned it was gone. I'll never do that again.

jonthepain
06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Has anyone here ever have their gear stolen?

A better question for me would be, what haven't I had stolen? Over the years, fishing gear, hunting gear, thousands of dollars worth of equip that I use to make a living (not just out of my truck but out of my garage,) a motorcycle, high-end stereo (never did get the $ to replace it), all my albums (first printing of all the beatles albums among other irreplaceables,) high end SLR camera and pile of lenses etc, high end bicycle, thousands in cash, tvs, vcrs, all the wife's jewelry (including her wedding and engagement rings,) oh Lord what haven't I had stolen??

surfstix1963
07-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Man that sucks you need a big safe can't even have your valuables in your house anymore.

Rip-Plugger
07-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I keep telling a buddy of mine not to leave his spare set-ups on the top of his vehicle while he is fishing. He is a newbie but doesn't want to hear it from me. Has anyone here ever have their gear stolen and would you leave it like he does?

your buddy is hard headed,I might even steal it,jst tell me when/where.
he'll come around once it gets stolen by a creep!
I never give anyone a chance.

R-P

Monty
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I transport my rod all the time on the roof.
It is rare but at times I will leave a rod on the roof.
Its secured by a tworod Hunter rod vault. Modified with a trailor lock so that there is no bolt to cut. It would be a bit of a project to steal the rod and reel.