PDA

View Full Version : new set up help

Pebbles
06-29-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm thinking about getting my nephew a new reel or complete set up for freshwater fishing. Does anyone have any recommendations? There is a cabalas near here. He's had a tough couple of months helping his mom, my sis, and thought I could get him something, which is well deserved. Thanks in advance.

mick2360
07-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Cabela's usually carries some nice Shimano reels. You'll be able to pick up a decent spin combo for under $100. That's a nice gesture you are making. More than one guy here has had his life altered in a very positive way by getting into fishing.

Let us know how you do! :thumbsup:

Pebbles
07-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Mick, I am going there this week. Sis is still in the hospital, has been here for almost 2 weeks now. Her son if not working sits in the hospital with me. So sad for a young man to see his mom so sick. He is 26 going on 40. I wish I could do more for him.

Thanks again for the help.

DS - :kiss:

bluesdude71
07-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Her son if not working sits in the hospital with me. So sad for a young man to see his mom so sick. He is 26 going on 40. I wish I could do more for him.

That's a tough position for any young man to be in, I'm sorry to hear that. When you get him that setup, pm or e-mail me. I would be glad to send a few freshwater lures to start or add to his collection.