PDA

View Full Version : surf vs pier

stripermania
07-03-2009, 12:53 PM
I have always enjoyed fishing the beach rather than the pier. For some reason I always have trouble with lines getting tangled or the inexperienced coming up cramping my style. Shoulder to shoulder is not for me.

If there is a blitz and someone get too close I go to another spot. It's not worth it to me if my line dances with someones elses in a blitz. You end up missing the bite that way anyhow.

surfwalker
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Wetline-solo-avoid crowds= Personal Satisfaction

Monty
07-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Never fished from a pier.
I have never had a problem with fellow surfcasters. I always fish in areas uncrowded (almost always I find reas where I am alone). Have had blitzes where others have joined in, but its always been. OK (space and consideration was prevelent). Never had a problem with fellow surfcasters.

plugcrazy
02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I've done some pier fishing in my time and find that most of the pier fishermen are out for good conversation along with catching fish. Most are aware of your space. Sometimes we got the space hogs but they were told to move along.

The worst part of it are the guys who are there early in the evening until the wee morning hours, getting drunk. They leave their lines the water without checking the bait or where they have drifted to, getting caught up with everyone else.