PDA

View Full Version : teaser questions

lostatsea
07-06-2009, 12:50 PM
So I know there is a lot of small bait around and wanted to start using a teaser. I really haven't used them much in the past. I know you can't use them with a pencil popper. How about with a Danny or a bomber? How about when you are throwing a rubber shad or a jig on the bottom, do you use them at all depths of the water or are they best used near the surface?

Monty
07-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I use them at least 75% of the time. Also with a pencil at times (most). Even with pencils if the fish are on small bait, they will see a commotion and strike the teaser.

surfwalker
07-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I use them almost all the time. If one color or profile is not producing, I will change it often- bucktail, hackle, or even rubber. I don't use a teaser if the demons are around or if my main plug is the only thing producing, or if it's a stiff wind and I can't get far enough into productive water. Although my tying is not the best, they have produced. Strangely enough though, the Fin-s blueish/grey has produced vast numbers of bass when used as a teaser. I have tried to duplicate it with feathers or hackle, but I guess that my motion/wiggle is not the same. Monty has some beauties as teasers/tail hooks, I just don't have the patience anymore-shows in my hook up/teaser ratio.

surfstix1963
07-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I like to use them with swimming plugs not so much poppers they just twist on the leader and make the plug less effective.