PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool metal mother******* thread!!!

DarkSkies
07-19-2009, 03:34 PM
Is there a theme here? Or just a bunch of random old skool videos? I might have an answer in a week or so...:viking: Any of you other metal freaks got something to throw down let's see it!!!

Manowar
WX5cwHNviug

Hold your head up high
Raise your fist up in the air
Play metal louder than hell
Louder than hell

They can't stop us
Let 'em try
For heavy metal
We would die!

DarkSkies
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Kreator
fuIe6HzWg-8

1fAs_4yZsAI

dLJ8lxv97Fo

DarkSkies
07-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Angel Dust, they say the lead singer sounds like a little like Malmsteen or Dio.
9e4xLo56xE4

lfxZkGXr4cU

Rip-Plugger
07-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Hmm,where do I start,I guess at the beginning.
metal music is NOT just music and trying to look/sound cool,it is an entire lifestyle.
posers are the ones that do it to look/sound cool,true metal warriors[like myself] live it and develop an identity from it.
since I was 13 years old Black Sabbath was the pilot light for me,I do remember hearing some Cream and some old Iron Butterfly but,that was just kindling.
bands such as:
Death
Dark Angel
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Angelwitch
Prong
Testament
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Exciter
Armored Saint
Slayer
Deicide
Venom
Celtic Frost
HellHammer
Apocalyptic Raids
Hate Eternal
Enslaved
Kreator
Tankard
Angel Dust
Man-O-War
Wild Dogs
Hate
Ulysses Siren
WarningSF
God Dethroned
Dimmu Borgir[translation: black castle]
Kalopsia[New Jersey's very own]
Funebrarum[New jersey's very own]
BloodFeast[New Jersey's very own]
Oz
Denata
Freevil
Witchery
Seance
In Aeternum
Azagal
Chemikiller
Laaz Rockit
Pavor
Sodom
Just to name a few from my head,too many to list here.
It was demin/leather and doing it your way.

I had a dream years back,to play a guitar,then be in a band,then play live on stage.
one day like this one,I asked my friend Frank Jasinski about the idea,he was totally with it.
frank loved drums but,never played,I love guitars/bass but,never played.

Frank bought a premier kit,I bought a cheap guitar called memphis + the amp[30 watts].
I then saw an offer for a guitar lesson system called "the metal method" by doug marks who had the randy rhodes style/look.
I bought it in october,I was 18 years old,Frank was just turning 18.
I practiced and followed the structure of the lesson.
in a few days I was doing chords!
still I persisted forward,learning and practicing.
over winter we both studied our intsruments.
when May came,we hooked up in this small storage spot with electrical outlets.
we played together for 2 months and even wrote some songs together.
it was working!!
in August we had out **** down,we needed a bassist.
this young guy Dave came in and we showed him what we were doing and he fell right in.
he learned our songs and such,it went great.

tis metal club we hung out at called The brick&wood cafe held metal shows there every week.
we gave the owner a tape of a raw,rough metal track.
he called us to play in october!!
we played with a band from Mass called Psycho and another from New Your called malfunction.
they were as heavy as we were and it went great.

my gear was a bit lacking,my newest amp was just 40 watts but,had a huge speaker.when it was miked it sounded like thunder!!.
we bashed out 5 thrashing songs of our own and the crowd freaked out,stage diving,headbanging mosh pit,you name it.
even the other bands were moshing to us,we were in our glory.
heres my gear list
1-1977 Ibanez Flying-V in clear Black cherry/white pickguard
dual Dimarzio double coil humbucker pickups,HRS strings

2-1986 Ibanez Roadstar-2 black/black pickguard,Seymour-Duncan Shredder pickups in the bridge position.D'Addario strings

3-amplification Peavy studio Pro-40 also a peavey VTW-120 full stack with groove tubes and ventilation fan added.

4-effects-1 DOD pre amp distortion,1 Boss stereo chorus,Boss HM-1 heavy metal,DOD turbo overdrive and of course a 1988 CryBaby wah.

thats what I used for my killer sound.
at first we played thrash but soon we dabbled in Dark Metal or Blackmetal as they call it nowadayz.
it was the BEST time of my life,chicks,reputation and living the metal life without the drugs and all the cool ****!

if you listen to your local radio station,you are hearing what they want you to hear!
My kind of music is played only on college stations since they are not commercial.you can listen in and make requests to my metal radio show,
Scott & Roddy's Dark Intentions at WNHU.net
Or if you are close enough WNHU 88.7 fm,we play only the heaviest in underground metal music and we are non-commercial!
our segment is 12 midnight till 2 am saturday nights so,come listen to what YOU want to hear!!!

Bang Your Head!

Rip-Plugger
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Angel Dust, they say the lead singer sounds like a little like Malmsteen or Dio.
9e4xLo56xE4

lfxZkGXr4cU

IMHO,the vox man from Angel dust I know sounds nothing like RJD,
he has the accent from his homeland Germany.
perhaps now he may unless the vox man is now a diff person.

R-P

DarkSkies
07-26-2009, 04:19 PM
RP you're way ahead of me. I was gonna post all the bands you mentioned in the PM's, but now you made an even bigger list! :2flip:

I'm still looking for youtube videos of your band, anyone has any links to Evil Angel :viking::kicknuts: :banghead2::headbang::bonk: let's see em! In the meantime, maybe we'll call this the Old Skool metal mother******* thread. Post up what ya got, let's see if we can keep this going!

Death... an old girlfriend's brother used to play base for Chuck Schuldiner. Of course, Chuck changed band members every year or so, so that's the way it went.

RIP Chuck, you died way before your time. :(

7YM_P1MJDJc

0vHJpX2xwfE

Scream bloody gore, live Tampa, when they were first getting known. You really can't appreciate this stuff unless you were there in these small clubs where they played. I also saw them at Obsessions in Randolph, which I think is now a Go Go place.
oTf9UNykTvI

dogfish
07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
how about Motorhead, can't get any more old school than that?:D

wSEx_RAF4LM

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2009, 11:57 PM
RP you're way ahead of me. I was gonna post all the bands you mentioned in the PM's, but now you made an even bigger list! :2flip:

I'm still looking for youtube videos of your band, anyone has any links to Evil Angel :viking::kicknuts: :banghead2::headbang::bonk: let's see em! In the meantime, maybe we'll call this the Old Skool metal mother******* thread. Post up what ya got, let's see if we can keep this going!

Death... an old girlfriend's brother used to play base for Chuck Schuldiner. Of course, Chuck changed band members every year or so, so that's the way it went.

RIP Chuck, you died way before your time. :(

7YM_P1MJDJc

0vHJpX2xwfE

Scream bloody gore, live Tampa, when they were first getting known. You really can't appreciate this stuff unless you were there in these small clubs where they played. I also saw them at Obsessions in Randolph, which I think is now a Go Go place.
oTf9UNykTvI

I saw Death at the very same club I ended up playing at a year later.it was intense,evil and very fast.this was during the Leprosy tour.
another of my fave band was playing with them Dark Angel.

since many of the bands from that time have stopped and come back[Destruction,Kreator,Angel Dust],another has just returned with a brand new album.the german thrash band TANKARD has returned and has a new album out.we just got it at our station.
man there are so many bands most metalhaeds have never haerd of,if you look at the BNR metal pages,you can find out about SO many geat acts.
forget the radio exept staions like seton halls station,our station WNHU 88.7 fm and others,the radio plays what they want you to hear,mainstream music.
I have y own mind,ideals and music style.I can find my music.

funny thing.
A fellow metalhead and the guitarist of Witchery/Seance Patrick Jensen was approached by an MTV reported at a small club after Witchery's set,the reporter asked Him "how did your set go?",,Jensesn said,"what are you doing here?,,you guys don't play our kind of music!,get out of here,**** you and **** MTV!!!"

MTV started with us and ended against us,headbangers ball.Ricky Racktman,remember those days??

R-P

DarkSkies
08-15-2009, 06:31 PM
funny thing.
A fellow metalhead and the guitarist of Witchery/Seance Patrick Jensen was approached by an MTV reported at a small club after Witchery's set,the reporter asked Him "how did your set go?",,Jensesn said,"what are you doing here?,,you guys don't play our kind of music!,get out of here,**** you and **** MTV!!!"

MTV started with us and ended against us,headbangers ball.Ricky Racktman,remember those days??

R-P

eff MTV, it's so lame now the best they can do is some bubblegum and emo stuff, MTV is nothing like what it used to be, headbangers ball ruled!! Now MTV is corporate, just like some of the fishin sites out there. :kooky:
Here's some Angel witch. I think they were technically competent, but the rumor is they drank too much and lost the audition to be the opening act for Maiden. They faded out from that point IMO.

FgSd2JGllqA

DarkSkies
08-15-2009, 06:36 PM
I did like Prong, though. Seen them a coupla times. :argue:

Cl-5TrGakWY

DarkSkies
08-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Sun nights 12-2am,

"Scott & Roddy's Dark Intentions at www.WNHU.net (http://www.WNHU.net)
Or if you are close enough WNHU 88.7 fm,we play only the heaviest in underground metal music and we are non-commercial!
our segment is 12 midnight till 2 am saturday nights so,come listen to what YOU want to hear!!!"

http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=show/dark-intentions

see full schedule (http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=schedule)

Hosted by Scott Lavery (http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=id/lavery-scott) and Roddy
Dark Intentions airs Sundays from 12am-2am only on WNHU!
http://www.wnhu.net/leftcontent_bottom.gif

Frankiesurf
08-16-2009, 01:00 PM
I was supposed to play Obsessions once. Drove all the way down there on Memorial Day weekend from LI. Not fun. We walk in and the place is PACKED to the gills. We were so psyched. It was supposed to be 3 local bands then some death metal band from Philly and then us. As soon as the local bands went off half the people left. The other band had not shown up yet and the club was holding off on putting us on for some reason. After 20 minutes they showed up then started setting up which took them a little over a half hour. At this point there were 5 people in the club. Just before they were to start playing we went up on stage, pulled off our back line told the club manager to **** off over the mic and left.

DarkSkies
08-16-2009, 01:24 PM
OK, so ya played Obsessions, or tried to, life goes on. That place died a slow painful death anyway. They tried to make it work after that as a go go joint, but the other place on Rt 10 was too much competition, and they crashed.

What I wanna know is....

What was the name of your band?

Any youtube links that we can post up? :headbang:

Let's hear some other stories about the places you played and rocked at (if there are any) :laugh:;) Can't be all bad experiences you guys had.

Frankiesurf
08-16-2009, 03:48 PM
The name of the band was Killbox and we were a bit of deathmetal with some metalcore mixed in. We were good but the singer wasn't the best.

We played a ton of shows on the island and a few in the city.

We did Lamours (RIP) quite a few times. One time there was really funny. Somehow we were booked as the middle band between a hair band and Slippery When Wet, a Jon Bon Blow Me cover band. We played our full set with all these gay *** dudes yelling at us and throwing ****. I guess we were a bit too heavy for them. The best thing was that the place was full of chicks. As long as you played an instrument they were all over you. Stupid sluts :naughty:

I do have a VHS tape somewhere of our first show at Lamour. I will try and hunt it down and see if I can get it on my computer.

Rip-Plugger
12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
A new technical thrash band has risen from the boiling depths,,,it is led by a veteran etal monster with a pedigree in the metal way of life.
this band is from New Jersey and this horde is called:,,,,Fire From The Altar!.
their brand new EP has just been released and has 4 tracks of great musicianship along with grand execution.
all 4 tracks are desirable and offer one a chance to form a mosh pit anywhere you play this new disc.

The frontman of FIRE FROM THE ALTAR is non other Than Matt Medieros of KALOPSIA[bass/vokills] also of New Jersey's incredibly evil/sick FUNEBRARUM[guitars].
on this epic EP Matt is doing the banshee Vox which comes easy when you are a veteran metalhead.

We played half of this EP last weekend on our radio show and will do the other half on this upcoming show.

Fire From The Altar is:

Matt Medieros-Vox

John Stanley-Guitars

Chris "Crumbs" Koniecko-Drums

Jason Koniecko-Guitars

Brandon Hess-Bass

you can check out this great band at Myspace.com/firefromthealtar

you won't regret it,,,
Thrash or die,,,

R-P

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 08:52 AM
RP, I looked for them on youtube and couldn't find anything. Any links where we could post up some videos?

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 08:54 AM
They're from Hillsborough, NJ! :plastered: :thumbsup:

Fire from the Altar - New EP Out Now!
Metal / Thrash / Death Metal http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/m_66e60e957e5b2d5d880957248e84eb41.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewAlbums&friendID=102196274) http://x.myspacecdn.com/modules/common/static/img/clear.gif
What witchcraft could carve such evil?

HILLSBOROUGH, New Jersey
United States

Profile Views: 13378

vpass
12-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Is there a theme here? Or just a bunch of random old skool videos? I might have an answer in a week or so...:viking: Any of you other metal freaks got something to throw down let's see it!!!

Manowar
WX5cwHNviug

Hold your head up high
Raise your fist up in the air
Play metal louder than hell
Louder than hell

They can't stop us
Let 'em try
For heavy metal
We would die!

I seen Manowar 2 times at Lamour's in Brooklyn in 1983 or 1984. I love that song "Gloves of metal".

I also seen:
Celtic Frost
Mercyful Fate
King Dimond
Overkill
Accept
Metallica (my favorite band)
Anvil
exciter (I think, I don't remember. I was brain dead)
SOD
I will add more when I start remebering.

Bands I listen to that I didn't see live.:
Dark Angel
Slayer
Motor Head
venom
Anthrax
AC/DC (when I was in JHS this band was my favorite)
Many more I'll list them later.

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
How many people remember Jim Carrey with Cannibal Corpse? :cool:

8iv3HqRJP3w

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Napalm Death, one of the originators of grindcore...

SIRUzqHTNh8

8sWbO_iEFJU

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 09:38 PM
I seen Manowar 2 times at Lamour's in Brooklyn in 1983 or 1984. I love that song "Gloves of metal".

I also seen:
Celtic Frost
Mercyful Fate
King Dimond
Overkill
Accept
Metallica (my favorite band)
Anvil
exciter (I think, I don't remember. I was brain dead)
SOD
I will add more when I start remebering.

Bands I listen to that I didn't see live.:
Dark Angel
Slayer
Motor Head
venom
Anthrax
AC/DC (when I was in JHS this band was my favorite)
Many more I'll list them later.

Can't remember if I saw Manowar in Brooklyn or Jersey, only saw them live once, they were great!

Manowar...the distinction of being the loudest band at the time. I might have been at that L'Amours show, Vpass, what times back then! :viking: Ya put up some of the greatest bands of the era, V. Good taste in music! :thumbsup:

The only criticism I have of Manowar is I thought Joey Demaio was a little too full of himself. :don't know why:

-4qTi7cDtI4

IFhRJpzV9tQ

DarkSkies
12-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Before there was Manowar...

Before there was metal....

When Sabbath and Zeppelin were the heaviest of the day...

"Very interesting. There was a NYC Punk band from the 70's called the Dictators, various members of this band subsequently ended up forming and joining 4 entirely different bands- Twisted Sister, Manowar, The Fleshtones and The Del Lords- You can see the dictators and the other offshoots on youtube. "

Man how I miss those CBGBs shows. :banghead2:

E3XyJ0VjAw4

Dictators w/Joey Ramone, RIP Joey :(
gUKk6JXPFec

7deadlyplugs
12-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Those were the days, great music, wild times. Thanks for the memories.

dogfish
12-18-2009, 12:48 PM
Dictators w/Joey Ramone, RIP Joey :(

Learn 3 chords and you could play every single Ramones song.;) I miss Joey too. Testament threw down down some good chit.

dCYJXNLxSsA

Frankiesurf
12-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Holy crap did Chuck Billy get fat.

dogfish
12-19-2009, 03:12 PM
^^ So did Metallica.That's why it's not a great thing to see these bands on the reunion trail. They should have a law that all heavy metal and rock stars self-destruct by the time they hit 35, like in Logan's Run.:D

DarkSkies
01-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Rip-plugger sent this in:

Acheon promo pack just came in for the Brand new album called:
"The Final Conflict"
last days of god

pack includes:

1. High quality shirt
2. album cover art/back art
3. /CD/DVD live in brazil/3 tracks/making of the album/jacket patch/sticker.
$25.00/add 2 dollars for big sizes.

Contact R-P for details, or listen to Scott and Roddy's show on Sun nights Dark Intentions.

Sun nights 12-2am,

"Scott & Roddy's Dark Intentions at www.WNHU.net (http://www.wnhu.net/)
our segment is 12 midnight till 2 am saturday nights so,come listen to what YOU want to hear!!!"

http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=show/dark-intentions (http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=show/dark-intentions)

see full schedule (http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=schedule)
Hosted by Scott Lavery (http://www.wnhu.net/index.php?dest=id/lavery-scott) and Roddy
Dark Intentions airs Sundays from 12am-2am only on WNHU!

Some older Acheron:

tfLRA_MkAJ0

DarkSkies
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
I finally got a chance to listen to a CD Rip-plugger sent me over a month ago. :beatin:

At the last song, Scott and R-P did a dedication on their Halloween show, "this goes out to Monty and Striperholic". :bigeyes: :viking::headbang:

Very cool man, sorry it took so long for me to notice it. Thanks! :clapping: :thumbsup:

The video from when Iron Age played in NYC last June...

FQFvrvv4h20

Monty
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
My normal fishing trip is leave the house at 11:30 at night, fish from 1:00 AM to 8:00 or 9:00 AM. About 30 minutes before I get to the area I fish I crank up a CD Rip-Plugger sent me. Gets the adrenalin going for the all nighter.
Thanks Rip-Plugger, the dedication is awesome!!!

Rip-Plugger
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
NIGHT CONQUERS DAY-[First Snowfall]

were a grand blackmetal band,now defunct but,still their music lives on. so many nuances,tempo changes,melody,you name it. NCD were,in my eyes,one of the very best blackmetal bands around and they are americans!

First Snowfall

Tracks:9

1-Eastern winds mount the virgin winter[instrumental] 2-The first snowfall
3-what was and never shall be again
4-Banished from my eyes
5-Snowmelting Reqiuem
6-The storm before the calm
7-Provoker be hnted
8-Nightfalls promise
9-Footprints in the snow where the wanderer has been

DarkSkies
06-02-2010, 09:10 AM
^^ Banished - music to commit suicide by...;) hey at least you can understand these lyrics, thanks for posting R-P. :cool: :viking: :HappyWave:

KyJkomwO1M4

Rip-Plugger
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Published by Season of Mist!!! AVAILABLE NOW WORLDWIDE.

HIRAX Noise Chaos War CD 2010. Published by Season of Mist!!!
AVAILABLE NOW WORLDWIDE.

R-P

DarkSkies
07-01-2010, 08:45 AM
I like it bro, reminds me of a cross between some old-skool bands, Anvil, Overkill, etc. :thumbsup: :HappyWave:

DarkSkies
06-30-2011, 10:07 AM
A new metal convert...sent in by Rip-Plugger's girlfriend Sandy! :HappyWave: :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-XScHxzOk&NR=1

wish4fish
06-30-2011, 12:30 PM
6fu is still better, but these dudes aint too shabby, lol.

DarkSkies
07-08-2011, 10:27 AM
Exodus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3avnid5Sa0&feature=related]

One of my favorites, the Toxic Waltz....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWOpbzeK5Bg

DarkSkies
07-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Sent in by Rip-Plugger's wife...:HappyWave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh_QQB7se-M&feature=related

storminsteve
07-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Agent Steel is ok, great clarity on that video. Really like the Exodus Toxic Waltz, Dark. Haven't heard that one in a while.

DarkSkies
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Mid-old skool....

Hirax, Bombs of death, sent in by Roddy, thanks!
(His wife mentioned to look at how the rhythm guitar still keeps it going with a broken string in the first minute of the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwsquZvHeDI&feature=related

DarkSkies
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Time to re-visit this thread...thanks for all the great contributions, Rip-Plugger.....:headbang:

DarkSkies
09-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Venom 1985....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MROyGsNszcw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent in by R-P, thanks!

DarkSkies
09-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Exodus/Slayer/Venom 1985 Tour....

Sent in by R-P, thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyyrj136CY&feature=related

I didn't catch them at Studio 54, but was at the infamous Felt Forum show when Slayer played.....

One of the most violent shows I've ever been to...
So bad that I had to get medieval and drop-kick a pit bully into oblivion, because he was harassing some kids smaller than him....I hate when the cycle of violence gets to that level.....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png

That show was so violent, $50,000 of damage done to the Felt Forum, that Slayer was never allowed back there again....

but it was also when Slayer was at their best, IMO....no one came close to the insanity of a Slayer show at that time...

ledhead36
09-06-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't catch them at Studio 54, but was at the infamous Felt Forum show when Slayer played.....

One of the most violent shows I've ever been to...
So bad that I had to get medieval and drop-kick a pit bully into oblivion, because he was harassing some kids smaller than him....I hate when the cycle of violence gets to that level.....http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/images/icons/icon13.png

That show was so violent, $50,000 of damage done to the Felt Forum, that Slayer was never allowed back there again....

but it was also when Slayer was at their best, IMO....no one came close to the insanity of a Slayer show at that time...

Drop kicked a bully in the pit, eh? You are one SMF, DS.:scared:
I guess the modern version of you is a lot mellower?

This is Slayer performing 'Altar of Sacrifice - Jesus Saves' at the Felt Forum in NYC, 88. This show turned into an ugly mess when fans tore out their seats and started throwing around seat cushions. This show has become know as 'the seat cushion riot'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPSqia3rRAc&feature=autoplay&list=PL7D093B 76D073D8FC&playnext=4

ledhead36
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
some more, man that must have been a great show!

Quote from youtube - YEAH!! I was at this show!!! sickest concert ever. Anybody else here too? as a matter of fact i think thats me stagediving at 1:43 (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/#) awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikenyc1000 (http://stripersandanglers.com/user/mikenyc1000)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qkfV25OI40&playnext=1&list=PL7D093B76D073 D8FC&feature=results_main

dogfish
09-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Slayer and metallica and exodus and venom those were the golden days of thrash metal.:thumbsup:

dogfish
07-11-2013, 10:12 PM
any room for Sabbath in this thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dN8eGV8PJo

Rip-Plugger
07-17-2013, 10:58 PM
New stuff from New Jeresy's very own KALOPSIA! https://www.youtube.com/watchv=4RqrpctS43A

Rip-Plugger
09-04-2013, 11:59 PM
Sad news I got tonight from one of my metal brothers.My metal brother Jon Luis Torres of Ulysses siren has passed on.he died Monday of reported heart failure.I never got to meet Jon in person but,we stayed in touch with each other since 1998 and our radio show[Dark Intentions WNHU 88.7fm] always supported any musical ventures he was involved in.it is so sad and it hurts to know that the metal world/his wife Tammy and little girl Cassy have to go on without him.
He also was a member of Laaz Rockit,WarningSF,Heathen and he did live gigs with Exodus as he knew all of their material and filled in when needed.
he was a very capable musician that mastered fretboard gymnastics and was an accomplished bassist as well.
Jon is instantly missed already and I'll never forget one of the best friends I never even met.
what a gem of a guy he was.
RIP metal brother,,,,,,,,

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/veteran-san-francisco-bay-area-metal-musician-jon-torres-dies/

R-P

DarkSkies
09-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Sad news I got tonight from one of my metal brothers.My metal brother Jon Luis Torres of Ulysses siren has passed on.he died Monday of reported heart failure.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/veteran-san-francisco-bay-area-metal-musician-jon-torres-dies/
R-P

Roddy sorry to hear the news.
Every year it's another one....we are of that certain age....my deepest condolences....:(

Here is some Heathen....RIP to all the metal brothers who are no longer with us.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXje8nq0z7A

DarkSkies
09-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Ulysses Siren....Roddy was he their base player? I think that's him on the far left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw1uGN4fVZA

dogfish
09-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers -

September 04, 2013
0 Comments (http://stripersandanglers.com/Forum/#comments)

http://assets1.blabbermouth.net/media/torressolo2013morgan_450.jpg
Veteran San Francisco Bay Area heavy metal musician Jon Torres, who played bass and guitar for a number of the region's most acclaimed cult acts, including ULYSSES SIREN, HEATHEN and LÄÄZ ROCKIT, died Monday night as a result of a reported heart failure.
At the time of his death, Torres was married to REPULSA vocalist Tambre Bryant. They have a daughter, Cassandra.
In a 2006 interview with Earth-Dog, Torres spoke about why he felt ULYSSES SIREN never achived the same commercial success as some of their peers, such as TESTAMENT and EXODUS. "There are many reasons, in my opinion," he said. "I'd have to say the number one reason was alcohol and substance abuse mixed in with a heaping dose of testosterone added to the toxic soup. Second: SIREN never had the contacts and or management that some of the other bands had, and even if we did, we probably would have ****** that up as well. Also, we had a real love-hate relationship involved between members."
Torres also talked about his time with LÄÄZ ROCKIT and how he became involved with the cult Bay Area thrash metal act. "I got a tryout with LÄÄZ through my longtime friend Walter Morgan," he said. "I'd had enough of SIREN and Walt asked me if I'd like to try out. At first, I flat out told him no. I had never really liked the band. The first record was good but when I heard 'Annihilation Principle', I changed my opinion. Good record. I auditioned and got the gig."
He continued: "I could write a book about the 2 1/2 years I was with LÄÄZ. I'll give you the short version for now. I had a blast with LÄÄZ. The tours and the vids and records were a great time and learning experience I'll never forget."
Bay Area metal scene veteran Walter Morgan of Deadly Embrace Productions has penned the following tribute to Jon:
"I will say that Jon was ahead of his time.
"When I first met him in WARNING, METALLICA and LÄÄZ ROCKIT were just as unknown. It was the start of the San Francisco thrash scene, and he was one of the musicians who started it! He was a badass guitar player, who was also a band leader, writer, and very talented shredder. He only switched to bass at my suggestion, to get him into a world wide touring band. so he switched to bass and learned four LÄÄZ ROCKIT songs in less than a week, and got the gig. He was, I thought, a better guitar player and songwriter.
"He was in WARNING, ULYSSES SIREN, ANGEL WITCH, LÄÄZ ROCKIT, HEATHEN, and many more projects and bands.
"I have been through thick and thin with him — tours, parties, and shows, then more after-parties, and after-shows. He knew how to have fun, he knew how to listen, he knew how to give. I could count on him for anything; he was there.
"In the music scene, there are real people, fakes and poseurs. Jon was as real as you could get. He had a wonderful wife, Tambre, who really complemented him and took care of him, and loved him deeply. [She] gave him a daughter, his pride and his joy. While I see her grow up, I can see Jon in her. In fact, she has a lot of Jon in her — his fire, his love, his independence, his antics, his good nature, his facial expressions, even his temper at times. He loved her like a father loves his child, and seeing so much of himself in her put a smile on his face.
"Jon always supported his wife and child, and I think Jon got out of music early to be a good husband, father, and provider first, and do music as a side project after. Now that's a real man.
"Jon was a great, groundbreaking musician who helped create a metal scene here in San Francisco and never did it for fame or money. He did it with his heart and soul. He never had a 'rock star' ego; he was just a kid that grew up in San Francisco, embraced life and made it count. He was a hard-working union electrician while still playing in bands through his life; he did both. More than a few times, he bought some of the equipment for the bands he was in — always giving to make it happen.
"I was lucky to see him just last week at his house. We talked, we joked, we laughed, we gossiped, we caught up, like we always do. We talked about some old stories and old times, and when I left, I hugged him like I always have whenever I would see him. Because he meant a lot to me and everyone that knew this special friend.
"I know all his ex-bandmates, friends and the metal scene will miss him deeply, and remember the wild times they had, and loved him as a person first!
"Jon Torres touched a lot of people. and our hearts and prayers go out to his wife, Tambre, and his daughter, Cassandra. God bless him always."
Photo above courtesy of Walter Morgan

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/veteran-san-francisco-bay-area-metal-musician-jon-torres-dies/#wBqwRWEK65oSYCAX.99

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2013, 03:49 PM
He played bass with heathen since he did both very well he did it to play in the band,his love is the guitar which he is much more than capable.
his song that he wrote fully is on the latest heathen album,it is called "bloodcult",you can feel/hear his style of writing and spirit in that track like none of the other tracks on the album.
in Ulysses Siren he did guitar,he is on the right and loves his white Gibson flying-V.
switching tempos,very creative riffs all metalheads need to hear that track.
thanks for the kind words Dark,I tried to call his wife several times but, I know it has to be a lot going on so,i will shoot out a sympathy card with my number.
I Hope Tammy and Cassie carry on well.
Jon,RIP my metal brother,,,,

R-P

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2013, 03:54 PM
the bassist in Ulysses Siren is Joe Jimenez,Joe and Jon were closer than brothers!

R-P

hookset
09-05-2013, 04:54 PM
RIP for your friend.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 03:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ8ml7eENuI

mike Batio doing his ****!

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 03:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fa93JRlJU

Mike Batio kicking ***,,,,,,

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGhNnwA6ZvA

Deathmetal from Iran,,,,,

Arsames-Homo sapiens

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HoBrUGA0XU

Huntress-spell eater

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D4qXkCCSWg

Havok live in Brooklyn N.Y.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTcE_Sh1_w

Marduk-baptism by fire[drumcam]
pronounced Mar-dook.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmn4Firdyh4

Jurassic Jade live at kagurazaka explosion.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh_QQB7se-M

Agent Steel-bleed for the godz live at the dynamo.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvsaEDOsCSE

Cardinal Sin-spiteful intent

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NqeU70yFqA

Enthroned-the burning dawn/deviant nerve angulus.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGKZZOgf6Qw

Malestrom-H-Bomb.

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HxQH5es51I

Belphegor-stigma diabolicum

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lwoDpBHI3c

Belphegor-swarm of rats

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsr0pwihGto

Darkend Noctum Slaughtercult-the dead hate the living.

yes,the vocals are a chick!

Rip-Plugger
09-05-2014, 05:23 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOpVzyUW0c

Izegrim-point of no return.

Rip-Plugger
11-16-2014, 07:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFcRP18iKg4

Dark Angel with Death Of Innocence.
Gene makes a great save at 3:45.
one of my all time fave thrash bands!

Rip-Plugger
11-16-2014, 08:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lty4o-LktNA

Rip-Plugger
11-16-2014, 08:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snLDyqkDKFA

Hanz Krypt.

Rip-Plugger
11-16-2014, 08:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-W05lNjztM

storminsteve
11-16-2014, 12:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOpVzyUW0c

Izegrim-point of no return.

Wow this chick is hot. Are there any other chicks in metal like this?:heart:

Heres a pretty cool one, Metallica and Ozzy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6LXp9uWQUk

jigfreak
11-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Metallica and Ozzy, go together like razor blades and bat wings. Cool vid. :thumbsup:

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:22 AM
another metal icon passes!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/twisted-sister-drummer-dies-of-apparent-heart-attack-at-55/ar-BBivF7g

R-P

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=storminsteve;83383]Wow this chick is hot. Are there any other chicks in metal like this?

oh god yes,I shall post some now.

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33TbR_1Mx7g

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:37 AM
Dorothy Pesch
she has devoted her life to music,what a woman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOGy0CvR9Y

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:52 AM
love the vokills on this chick,not bad looking either,,,,,,,,,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7f3KK7Cxww

Rip-Plugger
03-21-2015, 03:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo
Arch Enemy

seamonkey
03-21-2015, 08:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRMwptcgAo
Arch Enemy

that was so bizarre watching a chick do that kind of metal. That voice had to be dubbed in to the video, no?

ledhead36
03-21-2015, 08:27 AM
^^^^ Alissa White-Gluz (/əˈlisə waɪt ɡlʌz/; born July 31, 1985) is a Canadian singer, best known as the former lead singer and one of the founding members of the Canadian metal band The Agonist, and current lead singer for the Swedish melodic death metal group Arch Enemy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Gossow

Take a look at her pic as a blonde. Shes pretty hot. I would def do her.

ledhead36
03-21-2015, 08:30 AM
One of my favorites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8VH5p9LZE8

ledhead36
03-21-2015, 08:33 AM
another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukaWyXmwNY

Rip-Plugger
03-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Body Count 'live".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZxPB8xfM6c

Rip-Plugger
06-29-2015, 11:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJYsG8xoRH8
Acheron,brutal,satanic deathmetal.

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Detroit's heavy Metal Horror show,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak0Fj-bCgUc

HALLOWEEN!

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2015, 10:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-X1NrSf5g

Hirax-slit your wrist.

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2015, 11:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOHk-9cJMYU

HIRAX-HELLION RISING!

Rip-Plugger
07-28-2015, 11:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1l-b_fm3aw

SARGEIST-the shunned angel
evil blackmetal

J Barbosa
11-25-2015, 10:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZBYLZIAr38

wish4fish
11-27-2015, 09:19 AM
haha he does that on the subway very kewl

Rip-Plugger
06-13-2016, 07:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq8zQIP5sxY

Rip-Plugger
06-13-2016, 07:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbR7q0GiZ_0

Rip-Plugger
06-13-2016, 07:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irRZhkbjP0Q

Rip-Plugger
06-13-2016, 08:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iq_NIJBCXc

cowherder
06-15-2016, 08:14 AM
Man that was one scary looking dude! Looks Like the zombie apocalypse.:scared:

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAArOV9owXM

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uPE2bdk-fg
Lord Gore-Kicked To Death.

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:27 AM
:drool:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQ3u3ugf_I
Witchburner[Germany]

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrytePjx_ps

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hU5zOkbPo&t=1054s
Dark Funeral.

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJsgP-tBOk&t=1838s

Rip-Plugger
11-12-2016, 02:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJtmLAF3Wk

Rip-Plugger
11-22-2016, 01:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvhydqO-JA8#t=89.4327844

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLY41dGZtU
Belfegor!

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-nStBs44tI

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0kjoW5ftVg

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-W05lNjztM

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH-6Ju05UIc&t=1618s

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5thbQo6mfo
my Swedish metal brother Tomas Andersson's band,,,,

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 05:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqTeGt6ZHQs

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 06:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTWi_1G8uw

Rip-Plugger
11-17-2017, 06:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H5-aRRib8U

porgy75
11-18-2017, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqTeGt6ZHQs

Had not heard that song before, thought cannibal corpse was a little too dark metalish. That one wasn't bad, great guitar riffs. thanks for sharing.