PDA

View Full Version : Flouro vs. Mono Leaders

surfwalker
07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Just trying to see what the feelings are on Flouro leaders vs. Mono leaders. For those that use flouro- do you feel that you have an advantage when plugging for Stripes? Not talking about blitz conditions, but just trying to raise a Bass. Do you use it all the time? Have old timers that once used mono leaders and now switched to flouro find a better hook up ratio? It's hard to determine how many Bass have passed up our offering when one or the other is used. Have you stood close to someone who is using flouro and you mono- have they produced better than you or equal?

dogfish
07-20-2009, 10:13 PM
I mostly fish the night tides, so I don't see the need for flouro. Maybe with a full moon it might make a difference. 60-80lb mono is what I use.

Monty
07-21-2009, 12:09 AM
I use 50 lb Fluorocarbon.
If it helps, great (cause I want to stack everything possible in my favor). Does it help? at this time I have no idea.:don't know why:

hookset
07-22-2009, 12:18 AM
I started using flouro a few years ago when my my buddy and I went fishing for a weekend. He had flouro I had mono. He out fished me two to one.

blitzhunter
07-22-2009, 08:25 PM
I use fluoro on days when I fish on my buddy's boat . He is a maniac about details like this. I do it to make him happy, and he buys flouro in large quantities, he always hooks me up. I have not seen any scientific studies that say whether it works better in the night time, though, so I use mono most of the time, 40-50# test.