PDA

View Full Version : I like needles.

Stripercoast1
07-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Big needles. Kinda goes with boulder fields like cookies and milk.
11 1/2 inches, 3 1/2 ounces.

storminsteve
07-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Very nice stripercoast.:drool: So you make your own then?

DarkSkies
07-23-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice needles. :thumbsup:

The other night there was a lot of weed starting to flow out with the outgoing. Clipped on a needle and it was no problem to continue fishin. They're great summer and fall producer. I have some close to that size, have to post the pics when I get a chance.

DarkSkies
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Got into a great conversation the other day with a fly fisherman about needles and eels. They, or imitations of them, are deadly summer and fall presentations. It's interesting to hear a fly guy talk about fishing live eels, or telling me how he rigged them. I think when some guys meet different types of fishermen they put them in categories, in their mind. This is a handicap if you think about it.

Assuming that because of the type of gear a guy has, that's the bulk of his fishing interest, is a risky assumption. Don't judge a book by it's cover. That ragged looking fishermen you meet one day at the end of the jetty fishing bait may have caught more trophy fish (that weren't hung up in a tackle shop for the ego pic) than you could imagine. :learn:

Here's some of the needles I fish. I got them from a guy in Long Branch a few years ago as part of a package. I've lost a few since then, and I would love to find a source of someone who's making needles 11-14". Any suggestions, Gunny? ;) Or do I gotta come up there and stalk ya?

Pics:

This is about 3oz

This is a little heavier and thicker, maybe 3.5

This is a great needle, casts a mile, maybe 4 oz or better.