PDA

View Full Version : Bizzare Hook-ups

basshunter
07-23-2009, 01:20 PM
There are lots of us guys who have caught seagulls on their lines. What are some of the bizzare hook-ups you have made?

storminsteve
07-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I remember fishing a local lake when we were kids. We caught a snapping turtle using shiners. Boy that thing was angry! Because we didn't know any better we pulled it aboard the boat with a net. We had some twigs in the bottom, and put them near it's mouth. It snapped every one of them. Put it back real quick after that.:scared:

vpass
07-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I remember fishing a local lake when we were kids. We caught a snapping turtle using shiners. Boy that thing was angry! Because we didn't know any better we pulled it aboard the boat with a net. We had some twigs in the bottom, and put them near it's mouth. It snapped every one of them. Put it back real quick after that.:scared:

I heard they bite harder then a alligator:scared:

lostatsea
07-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I was fishing in Florida one time when I was younger. We were using bait, trying to catch the fish around the bridge pilings. A pelican swooped down and picked up my bait right as it hit the water. That was a nightmare! We tried to pull it in and the hook was stuck in it, and then it got tangled in the line. It was crazy, we eventually got most of the line away from it, but had to leave about 2' of it with the hook attached because we didn't know what to do and were scared.:eek:

Frankiesurf
07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
This did not happen to me but I saw pictures of it.

My friend and his brother were fishing the LI Sound when his brother hooked up with a fish. He pulled in a 32" bass by catching the duolock that was connected to the chicken scratch Bomber that was attached to the fishes lip.

stripermania
07-23-2009, 10:49 PM
I picked up a snake once as a kid. Never expected it, scared the crap out of me.

vpass
07-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I snaged an alligator in the everglades on a worm rig going for LMB. Luckly it snaped the line.

vpass
07-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Here are some picture of the alligator.

surfwalker
07-25-2009, 08:25 AM
vpass, that's some scary sight. You waited till it snapped the line? I woulda just let go of the rod, then changed my pants.

vpass
07-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Ya, I know. It was safe. It was only a 4 footer. It took a lot of drag. I think it didn't know there was something wrong, or it was smart and was planning to get me.:scared: know that I think of it.:huh::kooky:

I also fly fished the Everglades from a boat ramp. one of my first trips I was casting to the bank on the other side, to the edge of the liliy pads. There was an alligator hiding there, which I found out when iI hit it in the head. What a load shap it made at my fly.:eek: I'm sure it happens all the time out there.

wish4fish
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Ya, I know. It was safe. It was only a 4 footer. It took a lot of drag. I think it didn't know there was something wrong, or it was smart and was planning to get me.:scared: know that I think of it.:huh::kooky:

ha ha ONLY a 4 footer! dude that thing coulda chopped a toe or finger off easy!:eek: i would still like to catch one anyway so i could say i did:viking:

johnnysaxatilis
08-02-2009, 08:47 AM
hooked a blue with the tail hook directly in the eye killing it instantly. i thought i was hauling in seaweed. and then i said.... sweet:naughty:

buckethead
08-02-2009, 12:59 PM
hooked a blue with the tail hook directly in the eye killing it instantly. i thought i was hauling in seaweed. and then i said.... sweet:naughty:

Bag em and tag em! :thumbsup: I was fishing on a friend's boat and we were trolling the rapala deep diver. The rod got hit and from the bend in it we thought we had a cow bass. When we finally got it in we saw it was 2 bluefish in the 10lb class that got hooked on that one plug! Awesome fight. :lookhappy:

CharlieTuna
08-02-2009, 05:36 PM
When I was about 17, I snagged a girl in a bikini. :laugh:

I was fishing at a beach where bathers weren't supposed to be. Some people came down there, and one of my casts snagged her in the butt. It wasn't intentional, I don't think, but slightly embarassing as it took some time to work the hook out. :embarassed:

plugginpete
08-22-2009, 06:28 PM
It took a lot of drag. I think it didn't know there was something wrong, or it was smart and was planning to get me.:scared: know that I think of it.:huh::kooky:

I think a gator like that would take a mile of line, and the harsh shin would be ripping your line up. Great catch while it lasted, I think I would be a little freaked out if I was fishing and a gator came up.:eek:

It wasn't intentional, I don't think, but slightly embarassing as it took some time to work the hook out. :embarassed:

You should have used that time as a chance to get her phone #.:naughty:

The most bizarre hookup I ever had was an old tire.

stripercrazy
11-05-2009, 08:46 PM
When I was about 17, I snagged a girl in a bikini. :laugh:

I was fishing at a beach where bathers weren't supposed to be. Some people came down there, and one of my casts snagged her in the butt. It wasn't intentional, I don't think, but slightly embarassing as it took some time to work the hook out. :embarassed:

Hey if your pimp hand was strong you could have made up a story about needing an eye operation because you had some unknown disease. Girls always go for that kind of stuff, "fixing the wounded bird wing". I wasn't that slick at 17, so maybe I wouldn't have come up with that either. Still it's a cool thought. Sympathy sex is better than no sex at all.:naughty:

The craziest hook up I ever had was a tire also, but it was a bicycle inner tube filled with water, so it flexed as I pulled it in. I actually thought I had a monster catfish on because of the movement. Good thing I was fishing alone.

jimbob
11-05-2009, 10:25 PM
I snagged a Loon one night last year. It was very erie when it called. I was able to get it free.

buckethead
09-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Still it's a cool thought. Sympathy sex is better than no sex at all.:naughty:

amen!

buckethead
09-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Jimbob that is pretty cool. I never snagged a loon, That sound they make is eerie like you said.

finchaser
09-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Met Dark Skies:ROFLMAO

Monty
09-22-2012, 02:32 PM
I snagged a Loon one night last year. It was very erie when it called.

Met Dark Skies:ROFLMAO
Similar experiences?

:HappyWave: :)