PDA

View Full Version : My sister died prayers PLEASE.

Pebbles
08-02-2009, 11:34 PM
I know this does not belong in the main forum but I was hoping more people would see it and pray for her children.

My darling sister, died last night at the young age of 48. She had non-small cell lung cancer which went to her brain. She had a 2" tumor on her lung and 4, 1" tumors that they could see on her brain.

She was diagnosed in April. She spent the last 6 weeks in the hospital.

I am so sad. :(There are no words to describe how I feel. I wish I could curl up in a ball and go to heaven with her.

The funeral is Sunday. I don't know if I will ever make it through this. Please pray for us.

JakeF
08-03-2009, 07:53 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Pebbles. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family through this tough time. Hang in there, and focus on the good memories.

Stripercoast1
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Every Time I have a conversation with the big guy, you can rest aasured your sister will be the opening topic of my conversation, as in right this minute. Hang in there, the pain shall subside and the good memories will take over. I know this. You sisters children need their surrounding family to be strong, they are feeling the loss in a far greater way, God Bless you and your family in this tragic time.

clamchucker
08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Pebbles, I have known several people who have succumbed to this disease. It is progressively brutal, both for the patient and their families. Some manage to beat it. Others fight like hell, and lose tha battle anyway. So sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers for her and your families.

surfstix1963
08-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Sorry for your loss thoughts and prayers to your family.

DarkSkies
08-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Such an outpouring through posts, e-mails, and PM's. :heart: Thanks guys, Pebbles is truly amazing, and her sister was as well. Even in the worst of her pain, she made me laugh and tried to keep her sense of humor. We will miss her greatly. :(

Here's something I found while I was trying to figureout a way to express my words...

If tears could build a Stairway...

If tears could build a stairway
and thoughts a memory lane
I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again
No Farewell words were spoken
No time to say good-bye
You were gone before I knew it
And only God knows why.

My heart's still active in sadness
And secret tears still flow
What it meant to lose you
No one can ever know.
But now I know you want us
To mourn for you no more
To remember all the happy times
Life still has much in store.

Since you'll never be forgotten
I pledge to you today
A hallowed place within my heart
Is where you'll always stay.

God knows why, with chilling touch,
Death gathers those we love so much,
And what now seems so strange and dim,
Will all be clear, when we meet Him.
I Knew you for a Moment...

jonthepain
08-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I am praying for you and your family, Pebbles. I have never lost a sister or a brother so I couldn't possibly know how you feel. I will pray for God's comfort for you all.

Jon

storminsteve
08-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I had a friend who's sister died from pancreatic cancer. People talk about all kinds of hope and encouragement when fighting cancer, but if you have something like pancreatic or some of the other ones you are going to die no matter what. I am very sorry to hear of your loss, Pebbles, it must be a very tough time you, Dark, and all your families are going through. Thoughts and prayers.

cowherder
08-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Condolences to Pebbles, Dark, and all your families. Hang in there, I will be praying for you all.

williehookem
08-03-2009, 01:53 PM
So sorry to hear the news, prayers sent.

stripercrazy
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Very sad to hear this, I will have you and your families in my prayers, and ask for some special guidance for those who are left to carry on.

nitestrikes
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Sorry for your loss Pebbles, thoughts and prayers for your family.

Monty
08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
My deepest condolences to you Pebbles and your family and Dark.
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers are sent.

surfwalker
08-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Pebbles, my deepest sympathy on the loss of your sister. You, your family and her children will be in my thoughts and prayers, especially on the walk.

vpass
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
My condolences to Pebbles, Dark, and families. I'm sadden to hear such news. I will pray for you and your family.

Pebbles
08-04-2009, 09:58 AM
On behalf of myself and my family, I wish to thank all of you for your prayers. The wake is Saturday and the funeral Sunday. It will be difficult but we know she is no longer suffering and in a wonderful place. We will miss her dearly.

gjb1969
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
stay strong she is in a better place now and i think she would want u to keep your head up she is smileing down at u and she is now at peace and happy she will always be there with u in your heart

finchaser
08-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Deepest condolences:( to you and your family and Rich, prayers sent. I lost my sister to cancer last year at the age of 53 you need to be strong for the kids. The pain and sorrow will pass faster if you remember the good times.

cowherder
08-05-2009, 05:27 PM
The suffering is the worst part. My friend's Mom died from spine cancer when we were younger. Watching her go through it, and the "miracle treatments" that were supposed to save her, was the worst of it all. I don't want to get into a discussion about euthanasia or hijack this thread, but I think we are more humane to our animals when they are sick than we are to humans. Watching people in great pain suffer and die slowly seems wrong to me, somehow. I am sorry for your loss, and hope she is at peace now. I will pray for you guys, be strong.

VSdreams
08-05-2009, 05:47 PM
The pain and sorrow will pass faster if you remember the good times.

What he said, you can't change the way things are, but remembering good times can help the whole process. Thoughts and prayers, so sorry to hear this.

seamonkey
08-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I will put you guys in my prayers, may she rest peacefully now.:(

voyager35
08-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Pebbles and Dark, so sad to hear the news. A fishing partner of mine lost his wife to breast cancer. They cut off both her breasts and she died anyway. Terrible disease, I hope and pray that you can rememeber the good times and eventually move on. My condolences.

CharlieTuna
08-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Thoughts and prayers for you and your families.

lostatsea
08-05-2009, 10:52 PM
I pray that she rests peacefully with God, and that the sorrow to your family lessens with each waking day.

mick2360
08-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Pebbles and Dark, I'm very sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. Dark, let us know what the kids need that a bunch of lunatic fisherman might be able to provide.

Mick

Pebbles
08-06-2009, 08:40 AM
Pebbles and Dark, I'm very sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking. Dark, let us know what the kids need that a bunch of lunatic fisherman might be able to provide.

Mick

Thank you so much for the offer. What I can tell you is that all three of them love to fish. When their grandfather passed away, they were to get all of his fishing equipment. Unfortunately, it mistakenly went to others in the family. They freshwater fish, my sister had a boat, which now belongs to them. They don't have too much stuff. My one nephew (age 16) has a small tackle box with about 4 lures and some plastic worms.

So if anyone has extra freshwater fishing items, I am sure they would appreciate that. You can PM Dark or myself for an address.

Thanks abunch!:kiss:

7deadlyplugs
08-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Hey I just saw this, very sorry for your loss. I sent you a note Pebbles, I would like to send a lure or 2 to them. Thoughts and prayers.

Pebbles
08-17-2009, 10:11 PM
Deepest condolences:( to you and your family and Rich, prayers sent. I lost my sister to cancer last year at the age of 53 you need to be strong for the kids. The pain and sorrow will pass faster if you remember the good times.

Finchaser - I am so sorry about your sister. What type of cancer did she have?

This is truly the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. In spending the last weeks of her life with her I decided that I am going to devote much of my spare time to helping people with cancer.

Her children asked me to do her euolgy. At the end of the service a woman who is a cancer survivor runs an auction for cancer research. She asked me for a copy of the euolgy so she could read parts of it at the beginning of the auction. She found it so moving. I am so honored that my words might bring comfort to others who are left behind or struggling with such an illness.

I wish you and your family the best. Forever remember the memories of your dear sister. They will always live in our hearts.

Pebbles
08-17-2009, 10:14 PM
To all of you who have sent things to my sister's kids, we offer you our sincerest thank you's.

They were so excited to receive fishing items. Nothing pleased them more. I think it helped them realize that life can still be filled with good times.